3G in Restaurants?

4,741 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Jonny said:

And ask yourself why people are deserting the corporate media in droves. I wonder why ???

You and your ilk keep promoting this,I´m no lover of a lot of the media either.

But then you come along and quote sources from rightwingconspiracytheories.com or imagulliblefool.com and expect others to take you seriously.

When you dismiss corporate media then you also need to tell people what your trusty go to sites are not link to some rabid fat kid.

You´re a big fan of Joe Rogan,now could you please tell us exactly what makes his "news" more trustworthy than the BBC or whoever.

2 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

The UK government admits that the vaccines affected the natural immune system of those who were double vaccinated.  

The UK government has admitted that once you have been double vaccinated, you will never again be able to acquire

full natural immunity to Covid variants - or possibly any other virus.  

So let's see the 'real' pandemic begin!

In the Week 42 "COVID-19 Vaccine Surveillance Report", the UK Department of Health (UKHSA) admits on page 23

that "N antibody levels appear to be lower in people who become infected after two doses of vaccination".  

It goes on to say that this drop in antibodies is essentially permanent.

What does this mean?  

We know that vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission of the virus (indeed, reporting elsewhere shows

that vaccinated adults are now much more likely to be infected than unvaccinated ones).  

The Brits are now finding that the vaccine interferes with the body's ability to produce antibodies after infection

not only against the spike protein, but also against other parts of the virus.  

In particular, vaccinated people do not appear to form antibodies against the nucleocapsid protein,

the virus coat, which is a crucial part of the response in unvaccinated people.  

In the long term, vaccinated people are more susceptible to any mutations of the spike protein,

even if they have already been infected and cured once or more times.

The unvaccinated, on the other hand, will acquire lasting, if not permanent, immunity to all strains

of the supposed virus after being naturally infected with it even once.

Source:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1027511/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-42.pdf

Where have you copy and pasted this crock of shit from? Other than the 17 word direct quote from the report, none of what you have said is mentioned is in the report at all. Read what you post. In fact, why not read the latest report?

Here you go: COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - Week 12 - 24 March 2022

Page 51:

...observations from UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) surveillance data that N antibody levels are lower in individuals who acquire infection following 2 doses of vaccination. These lower N antibody responses in individuals with breakthrough infections (post-vaccination) compared to primary infection likely reflect the shorter and milder infections in these patients. Patients with breakthrough infections do have significant increases in S antibody levels consistent with boosting of their antibody levels.

2021 called and said it wanted it's conspiracy theory back.

4 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

That's Omicron, not the vaxx.

I personally know 10 persons with Omicron, not even one vaxxed and they didn't land in hospital after infection.

Some of them said that is only a cold, some of them said that is a heavy flu like.

All 10 are still alive and dandy.

So that wonder vaxx doesn't work because they never got it in the first place.

Everyone I know who has been boostered and caught Covid just got a bit of a cold. The people I know who have not been immunised, when they caught it this year they got a full blown flu like illness. Don't need a genius to work out that the immunisation obviously works.

I had a friend who caught it twice. Once before the immunisation in 2020 and once this year after she was boostered. In 2020 she was sick for nearly a month, this year it was just like a cold. She also suffers from long covid because of her illness in 2020.

This is personal experience. Fact is the immunisation makes the disease milder and you are less likely to be hospitalised. However it is not a magic cure, you can still get covid and you can still be really sick or even die from it. This goes for all immunisations.

- Those deaths are not because of Covid, they just died with Covid.

Same people: 

- Those adverse conditions are not just people with adverse conditions, they are caused by the vaccine.

2 hours ago, Anna66 said:

Everyone I know who has been boostered and caught Covid just got a bit of a cold. The people I know who have not been immunised, when they caught it this year they got a full blown flu like illness. Don't need a genius to work out that the immunisation obviously works.

My daughter, who lives in Darmstadt, is just recovering from a really bad case of Covid.  She's vaccinated and boostered, but she still got a severe dose.  She's been out of action for 2 weeks now, had difficulty breathing, high temperature, headache, the works.  Thankfully, she tested negative over the weekend and sounds more like herself.  I couldn't take the risk of visiting her, but my son did some shopping, which he left outside the door and waved at her through the window.  Goodness knows what she would have been like if she hadn't been vaccinated.

This is still a lottery, most people will indeed be okay, but I know of two people just now, both vaccinated, who are suffering badly.  I believe hospitalisations would be much higher if people hadn't protected themselves.

24 minutes ago, Tap said:

My daughter, who lives in Darmstadt, is just recovering from a really bad case of Covid.  She's vaccinated and boostered, but she still got a severe dose.  She's been out of action for 2 weeks now, had difficulty breathing, high temperature, headache, the works.  Thankfully, she tested negative over the weekend and sounds more like herself.  I couldn't take the risk of visiting her, but my son did some shopping, which he left outside the door and waved at her through the window.  Goodness knows what she would have been like if she hadn't been vaccinated.

This is still a lottery, most people will indeed be okay, but I know of two people just now, both vaccinated, who are suffering badly.  I believe hospitalisations would be much higher if people hadn't protected themselves.

I'm sorry to hear that. That's awful. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Sending good juju to your daughter, Tap. Also, to your mother's heart.

Thank you fraufruit, and Anna66.

She's a healthy 29 year old, so this was a bit of a shock to the rest of the family. We all need to play it safe for a while longer. Like I said, it's a lottery as to who gets a mild case, and who doesn't.

Well, I did some volunteer work two weeks ago and came up with a bright red notice on my Warn App, so I trotted off to the pharmacy where I got a rapid test and a negative result. Two days later, I was having sinus infection symptoms (very typical for me) and went to my GP. I was promptly given a PCR test that came back as positive. Thankfully, my worst symptom was a headache and I tested negative 7 days later. Sometimes that's how it goes.

Much as I abhor MrBear and the likes, I can't ignore the fact that the covid vaccination is about as much use as a candle in the wind against the current variants. Whether or not it reduces hospitalisations or that is down Omicron is very much unproven, imo.

BTW my wife is unwell, severe headache and aching everywhere else and her PCR test came back positive yesterday, so far I am still negative but given how difficult it is to isolate from one another in our apartment I can't see that lasting long, we are both fully vaccinated and 1 x boosted!:angry:

3 hours ago, Krieg said:

- Those deaths are not because of Covid, they just died with Covid.

Same people: 

- Those adverse conditions are not just people with adverse conditions, they are caused by the vaccine.

For my friends, everything; for my enemies, the law. 

We can now call these people by name: medical fascists

20 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Much as I abhor MrBear and the likes, I can't ignore the fact that the covid vaccination is about as much use as a candle in the wind against the current variants. Whether or not it reduces hospitalisations or that is down Omicron is very much unproven, imo.

BTW my wife is unwell, severe headache and aching everywhere else and her PCR test came back positive yesterday, so far I am still negative but given how difficult it is to isolate from one another in our apartment I can't see that lasting long, we are both fully vaccinated and 1 x boosted!:angry:

From my previous post:

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - Week 12 - 24 March 2022

See the table on pages 11+12.

Assuming you had 3 doses of BioNTech with the booster having been within the last 3 months then the data says:

Vaccine effectiveness*:

Infection: 55%

Symptomatic: 65%

Hospitalisation: 90%

Mortality: 90%

* "Vaccine effectiveness is estimated by comparing rates of disease in vaccinated individuals to rates in unvaccinated individuals"

Wishing you both all the best.

Question: my company now says they can't force anyone to get tested to enter the company, due to new government rules. Is this true? I thought the new rules would let companies decide.

Assuming you had 3 doses of BioNTech with the booster having been within the last 3 months then the data says:

Vaccine effectiveness*:

Infection: 55%

Symptomatic: 65%

Hospitalisation: 90%

Mortality: 90%

* "Vaccine effectiveness is estimated by comparing rates of disease in vaccinated individuals to rates in unvaccinated individuals"

Wishing you both all the best.

Thanks for that @theGman although not very reassuring given  my wife is 3x Bion-Tech but the booster was back in November, she was not due as a health worker for a 2nd booster till May. I am 2 x AZ and 1 x Bion-Tech but overdue for my 2nd booster, still on my GPs waiting list.

Looks like that as it is no longer a legal requirement for employers to test  they cannot insist upon it, as the usual rules on medical privacy come back into force.   Exceptions would be only when they could show that it would be particularly dangerous not to do so, due to the nature of their business.   

Labour law issues relating to the coronavirus - IHK Region Stuttgart (ihk24.de)

6 hours ago, Anna66 said:

Everyone I know who has been boostered and caught Covid just got a bit of a cold.

I know an otherwise healthy 50 yo who was boostered and is now 5 weeks out and still has fever, trouble breathing, joint pain, difficulty concentrating, …  Was a real wake-up call for me to still try and avoid it.  Ran into her in the park last week. She did not look good.

Russian Roulette. I repeat, Russian Roulette.

You know afterwards how susceptible you are. With or without vaccination.

Covid can maim or kill.

Or you may not even know you had it.

You only find out when it s too late if you drew the short shitty straw.

2 minutes ago, optimista said:

You only find out when it s too late if you drew the short shitty straw.

She’s an American, and those were pretty much her exact words.  Husband and dtr got it and both are fine, but not her.

I know about the short shitty straw. It is life changing. Not recommended.

And no, it is not fair either. To my own shame, this observation has occurred to me.

It is what it is.

I know a bunch of 80 year olds triple vaxed but got it. So far all survived with little more inconvenience than a flu. Pretty sure some would not have survived it two years ago without vaccination.