3G in Restaurants?

1,740 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, bramble said:

Had my booster jab this morning. In and out within 10 minutes. No side effects yet, but didn't have any the first two times either. Glad it's done and off my mind at last. 

🥳  Peace of mind is a wonderful 🎁. 

My local pizzeria is down to 2G.  I went there for takeout and they asked for a vaxx certificate and said that those who don't have one must wait outside.

6 hours ago, bramble said:

Had my booster jab this morning. In and out within 10 minutes. No side effects yet, but didn't have any the first two times either. Glad it's done and off my mind at last. 

Yikes! Forget to post about my booster on Friday. Having had the Moderna Hangover from Hell previously, I was expecting a similar reaction. All went ok at my HA but as soon as I hit the fresh air I turned into the Sleepiest Man in the World™. Walked 100m to my car and the back seat was looking like a very nice bed. I had a smoke and got myself together and drove 5mins home. Yawning like a madman. Said hello to Mrs Chelski and went for a lie down on the bed. Woke up 7 hours later. No other major side effects to report.  Head clear and feeling totally refreshed.

I kinda think this vaccine thing is working.

The Peppa pig thing was deliberate and designed to take the spotlight off the disgraceful social care bill. Remember Johnson's bus hobby thing designed to make it harder to Google stuff about real TfL buses while he was Mayor of London. Same sort of thing. He's a scheming shit. He's an awful PM, probably worst in living memory, possibly the worst ever.

10 minutes ago, murphaph said:

He's an awful PM, probably worst in living memory, possibly the worst ever.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he will probably get reelected, right?

59 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I don't think so. Even The London Times has turned on him. The tabloids had already started turning on him. The Tories are the least loyal party towards their leader. They are a bunch of cutthroats and the moment he looks like more of a liability than an asset, he will receive a visit from the men in grey suits.

I doubt he will be Tory leader at the next election.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I wonder if they also attribute lack of FOM for keeping the numbers down.

They didn't keep the numbers down really. They just let 1000 people a week die of Covid during summer and autumn to allow more herd immunity to build up before winter. The UK has been experiencing very high case rates for months.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

I'd give him six months, probably less. His administration is just going from one crisis to the next. As Churchill said, 'The Opposition occupy the benches in front of you, the Enemy sits behind you.'

47 minutes ago, murphaph said:

They didn't keep the numbers down really. They just let 1000 people a week die of Covid during summer and autumn to allow more herd immunity to build up before winter. The UK has been experiencing very high case rates for months.

Yes, I've seen a few graphs where the UK numbers have been consistently high, whereas Europe's numbers went down, but have now risen to the level of the UK, and above.  Part of this is because the UK doesn't have any restrictions, and hence are not testing very much, whereas here we're testing people every day.  I suspect the UK numbers are a lot higher than they realise because of the lack of testing.

Präsenzpflicht to be lifted in Brandenburg schools. Good in theory but shifts all the responsibility for kids' health onto the parents with an ounce of sense. The ones who don't give a shit will just send their kids to school as normal and those kids will get the benefit of reduced class sizes while the kids kept at home will fall even further behind. They should have opted for compulsory 50:50 until the end of term rather than this emotional blackmail tactic. Xmas holidays to begin 3 days early also.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I wonder if they also attribute lack of FOM for keeping the numbers down.

I'm not sure anyone here has really read the article but the numbers aren't down at all. They've been high since the beginning of summer. But, the hospitals seem to have been coping. The idea was to get balls deep into the fourth wave during summer, keep the situation manageable and get immunity rates up before winter hits. The argument is that in many parts of Europe the restrictions stayed over the summer and rates remained low, but now that winter is coming, places with poor vaccine uptake and low natural immunity are starting to feel this fourth wave very sudden and very hard. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

51 minutes ago, Tap said:

Yes, I've seen a few graphs where the UK numbers have been consistently high, whereas Europe's numbers went down, but have now risen to the level of the UK, and above.  Part of this is because the UK doesn't have any restrictions, and hence are not testing very much, whereas here we're testing people every day.  I suspect the UK numbers are a lot higher than they realise because of the lack of testing.

I am not sure your contention that a lack of restrictions means not much testing is correct. In England at least,  free testing is still available at local testing centres and a box of 7 self tests are free for the asking at any chemist. If there were not much testing going on how on earth would they be able to determine an infection rate of over 30k per day for the last couple of months, whilst hospital admissions have remained relatively low? I really do not believe the UK is significantly underestimating their levels of infection. The situation here in Germany may well be different, given testing is no longer free (unless they have changed that again) and as a result all those pop up test centres have disappeared and last week I had to pay €3,50 for a single self test from the Apoteke.

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I am not sure your contention that a lack of restrictions means not much testing is correct. In England at least,  free testing is still available at local testing centres and a box of 7 self tests are free for the asking at any chemist. If there were not much testing going on how on earth would they be able to determine an infection rate of over 30k per day for the last couple of months, whilst hospital admissions have remained relatively low? I really do not believe the UK is significantly underestimating their levels of infection. The situation here in Germany may well be different, given testing is no longer free (unless they have changed that again) and as a result all those pop up test centres have disappeared and last week I had to pay €3,50 for a single self test from the Apoteke.

Sorry, you are right. Should have done my own research before believing someone living over there.

3 hours ago, Tap said:

Wasn’t free testing here suspended around mid October? Yet cases rose significantly until free testing reintroduced last week.

I wouldn't believe much that man says. In any case, the UK vaccinated it's most vulnerable with Biontech, not AZ, because Biontech was approved first and the UK vaccinated the most vulnerable first. dded to this in places like Germany AZ was in fact preferred for older people, once the data was in. It was in younger people that it was not recommended due to the blood clotting incidents. Soriot's story doesn't add up but he's been fairly economical with the truth several times in the past.

The UK simply let a lot more older people die of Covid and so they are now not there to die now. That's all that happened.