3G in Restaurants?

3,819 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Jonny said:

I agree.  It's survival of the fittest. I'm fine with modern medicine counteracting that but not at the expense of everyone else.

I'm fine with you testing the limits of your natural-born immune system, but not at the expense of everyone else.

It's a dangerous virus that has killed millions, so I would strongly advise that you don't do that. But it's your body, your choice. If you purposely infect yourself, then go immediately into quarantine so that you don't infect anyone else, no problem. Whatever doesn't kill you, will make you stronger. But if it turns out that it's the former, then man up and die. What I'm not fine with is if you then go crying to the ICU, occupy a bed that could have been avoided, maybe infect some medical staff, and waste tens of thousands of euros of the health insurance pool while you do so.

Vaccines protect against serious disease and hospitalization. The immunity you will get after an infection will do that too. But you have to make it through first. The chances of you surviving are far, far less if you're not vaccinated. If you're vaccinated and get infected anyway, your protection afterwards will be greater than either of those. The chances of serious disease or hospitalization as a result of the vaccine are so low as to be effectively zero - certainly hundreds, probably thousands or even millions of times less than the chances of contracting the virus and developing serious, possibly long-term illness, or dying, if you're not vaccinated.

On 19/03/2022, 09:36:19, pappnase said:

I promised I wouldn't get involved but there is just so much bullshit on here.

This for example:-

screenshot.png

Funnily enough there was a story today about these statistics/bullshit that we have in the UK.  We can't say they're false but we can't say they're true either. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10630753/Chaotic-death-recording-pandemic-mean-thousands-WRONGLY-blamed-Covid.html

5 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Ah yes, Mr.Bear is back to shitting in the woods again...

A quick check on the work of Tess Lawrie, who is associated with the anti-vax group Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), shows that it's also fuckt:

Ivermectin isn’t a highly effective drug for treating COVID-19 - Lawrie's claims are "unsupported", "misleading", and "inaccurate".

The COVID-19 Scientific Advisory Group of the province of Alberta, Canada, states that out of all the papers claiming some effectiveness of Ivermectin, Lawrie's meta-analysis was "critically low quality", "due to extreme concerns about bias":

Ivermectin Evidence Review Update Oct 5, 2021, AHS Scientific Advisory Group

The American Journal of Therapeutics, which published a paper co-authored by Lawrie, showing decreased COVID-19 mortality via the use of Ivermectin, subsequently published an expression of concern due to inaccurate reporting in the primary sources used, that they said invalidates the findings.

Even Quillette, normally a right-leaning anti-SJW publication, called another of Lawrie's papers "phenomenally insane", and the antics of her FLCCC compatriots "promotion of outright quackery" and Alex-Jones-inspired conspiracy theory:

Looking for COVID-19 ‘Miracle Drugs’? We Already Have Them. They’re Called Vaccines

It's possible that Ivermectin may have some positive effect - or not. There is simply not good-quality evidence yet to justify rolling it out to millions or billions of people. It's also possible that there are economic reasons for that lack of evidence, and it would be in Pfizer's interest to interfere with it, if it reduced their potential market for and profits from the vaccine.

On the other hand, it's in everyone's interest to reject the outlandish claims of Ivermectin being a miracle drug that could "end the pandemic in a month", and wild paranoid conspiracy theories of a planet-wide cabal supressing this incredible truth. Currently, the vaccines are the best way to prevent serious disease and death. Despite the number of infections being ten times higher than last winter, the number of hospitalizations is significantly less, and deaths are only about a quarter. Much of that is due to the vaccines. Giving people false hope and disinformation that would mislead them to avoid getting vaccinated is immoral and abhorrent.

It's easy to find reliable sources that debunk the more preposterous fabrications, if you care to look. Clearly Mr.Bear doesn't care.

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Funnily enough there was a story today about these statistics/bullshit that we have in the UK.  We can't say they're false but we can't say they're true either. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10630753/Chaotic-death-recording-pandemic-mean-thousands-WRONGLY-blamed-Covid.html

Yawn, same old crap as soon as you are presented with data you come up with the same old arguments, how many times do you need t go round the did they die of covid or with covid BS!

22 minutes ago, sumguy said:

It's possible that Ivermectin may have some positive effect - or not.

Indeed.

Better leave those people just to die in a hospital than provide an unknown drug for them, right?

When a judge orders hospital to treat Covid patient with ivermectin then is clear that something is not right.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Bear said:

Indeed.

Better leave those people just to die in a hospital than provide an unknown drug for them, right?

When a judge orders hospital to treat Covid patient with ivermectin then is clear that something is not right.

If someone is dying in the hospital, then by all means give them Ivermectin, prayers, garlic, and crystal energy treatments if you want to. I'm against people dying in hospitals.

If they are dying in the hospital because they listened to an irresponsible provocateur like you, relied on being cured by Ivermectin, and didn't get themselves vaccinated, then I'm against you, and your campaign to spread false information with the goal of convincing people that vaccines are not only unnecessary, but harmful. As I said, it's immoral and abhorrent.

Indeed.

I am a  provocateur but I'm still negative and not vaxxed.

You should do something about it, if I'm using ivermectine and still negative, that's blasphemy.

Please call the right people to give me the shot and to become one of you.

1 minute ago, Mr.Bear said:

Indeed.

I am a  provocateur but I'm still negative and not vaxxed.

You should do something about it, if I'm using ivermectine and still negative, that's blasphemy.

Please call the right people to give me the shot and to become one of you.

Swap out provocateur for contrarian.

Still haven´t explained why you take ivermectine when you´re apparently immune.

18 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Still haven´t explained why you take ivermectine when you´re apparently immune.

Simple:

1. Vaccine causes AIDS, ivermecshit boosts immune system.

2. Vaccine was not tested, ivermecshit was tested on one million Scotland highland cows.

3. Vaccine is pharma mafia making profits, ivermecshit is produced by a non for profit charity.

Simple facts, 100% true!

11 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Haha you actually believe that as equivalence.  So not much with the brain stuff are you Mr Bear?

As I've said 3 weeks ago, we need to pay attention to what happens in Denmark. The new variant probably developed there and they got massively hit in January and February. But after having more than 50% of the population positive, numbers dropped quickly. Graphically explained, notice the second peak just when the new variant showed up there.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2021-09-08..latest&facet=none&pickerSort=desc&pickerMetric=total_cases&Metric=Confirmed+cases&Interval=7-day+rolling+average&Relative+to+Population=true&Color+by+test+positivity=false&country=DEU~PRT~DNK

Of course this is a short term herd immunity, at best 6 months. But at the same time it can tell us what is expected in the rest of Europe. If we need >50% officially infected to reach that temporary immunity, this means countries like Germany will be under very high incidence for 3 months, at the current rate.

Worst case, this herd immunity only lasts 3 months and we're basically stuck with permanent very high incidence.

Now on the positive side, I've seen several articles pointing that boosted +  infected can develop long term immunity!

https://www.mdr.de/brisant/genesen-impfung-immunitaet-100.html

Science stuff, disclaimer, not peer reviewed and AFAIK was done for Delta, not Omicron.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.04.21267114v1

2 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Now on the positive side, I've seen several articles pointing that boosted +  infected can develop long term immunity!

https://www.mdr.de/brisant/genesen-impfung-immunitaet-100.html

Science stuff, disclaimer, not peer reviewed and AFAIK was done for Delta, not Omicron.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.04.21267114v1

We can but hope because it is clear the vaccines are not working well enough and of the 4 relatives of mine who have all suffered with the omiicron variant since the start of this year, 2 in the UK and 2 here in Germany, one from each country has developed long covid problems, confirmed by doctors. All 4 were fully vaccinated and 3 also boosted all suffered very heavy cold symptoms but none needed to go to hospital, of the 2 who still have problems (both boosted) one (female) can't shake of a very nasty cough that developed during the infection and the other (male) has excessive tiredness and breathlessness. I would therefore suggest catching omicron or its latest sub variant should be avoided like the plague (because guess what it is a plague) and we still need to keep Jonny's kids in masks and Mr Bear locked up!

11 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

we still need to keep Jonny's kids in masks and Mr Bear locked up!

Too late.  We've all had it.  For us it was a minor cold.  My unvaxxed kids sailed through it. 

I didn't test positive so I had an antibody test and my antibodies are very high suggesting a recent infection. 

That may or may not be down to my J&J vaccine which Germany thinks is so bad it no longer regards me as vaccinated. 

Since I have antibodies I don't need the extra shots that they suggest/ try to coerce me into having. 

Once again,  I realize others are not so fortunate but for me,  covid would not even make my top 10 of bad respiratory infections.