3G in Restaurants?

4,259 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

Yes.  Loads of people have a cold in the UK I've heard.  My 'cold' lasted a couple of days.  I've had a lot worse to be honest. 

What part of "hospitalizations have been rising" have you not understood?

28 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yes.  Loads of people have a cold in the UK I've heard.  My 'cold' lasted a couple of days.  I've had a lot worse to be honest. 

Hmm, seems you have no yet recovered from the brain shrinkage side effects of covid omicron.:D

27 minutes ago, jeba said:

What part of "hospitalizations have been rising" have you not understood?

Hospitalizations have risen slightly.  Deaths have not. The more people who get it,  the more people will have superior natural immunity and we can all get on with our lives. 

It has been known from the early days that recovering from covid does not give you any kind of limmunity even from the variant you were infected with. I find it ironic that those claiming  to want to get back to normal life should promote this "superior natural immunity" nonsense when in fact having the vaccination course provides a much safer route to normality than risking getting covid without being vaccinated.

I promised I wouldn't get involved but there is just so much bullshit on here.

This for example:-

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Hospitalizations have risen slightly.  Deaths have not. The more people who get it,  the more people will have superior natural immunity and we can all get on with our lives.

screenshot.png

This is an interesting article about people who have not been infected so far. I hadn't read anything like this before.

As far as it being like a cold, even if it was with no lasting effects, I hate colds and stay away from people who have them. If there was a cold vaccine, I would take it. Therefore, I'm not volunteering to catch Covid if I can help it.

21 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

It has been known from the early days that recovering from covid does not give you any kind of limmunity even from the variant you were infected with. I find it ironic that those claiming  to want to get back to normal life should promote this "superior natural immunity" nonsense when in fact having the vaccination course provides a much safer route to normality than risking getting covid without being vaccinated.

Another person denying natural immunity.  You really don't have to look too far too find that you're wrong.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/prior-covid-infection-more-protective-than-vaccination-during-delta-surge-

23 minutes ago, pappnase said:

I promised I wouldn't get involved but there is just so much bullshit on here.

This for example:-

screenshot.png

So 22 more people died within 28 days of testing positive.  We're back to the old way of counting where someone tests positive then a few weeks later is killed in a car crash so they are then counted as a covid death. 

You can argue against that ridiculous example but it fits the category of someone dying within 28 days of a positive covid test. 

52 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Another person denying natural immunity.  You really don't have to look too far too find that you're wrong.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/prior-covid-infection-more-protective-than-vaccination-during-delta-surge-

We can't find that page

Classic ant-vaxx logic... The vaccine is no good because it does not protect against infection, natural immunity is the way to go although it also does not protect against infection and absolutely does NOT give immunity!

Infection does provide for superior immunity IF you've been vaccinated. Which is why I intended to expose myself to infection risk (i.e. going to the gym again) following my 2nd booster. Then Biontech announced they'd offer an updated vaccine by March and that made me change my mind as I wanted to wait for that vaccine which is supposed to protect against Omicron. Then they said it will take longer. Now I'm not sure how long I still want to wait.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

This is an interesting article about people who have not been infected so far. I hadn't read anything like this before.

I'm not American and I'm not extra cautious.

I have a quite normal life, I'm traveling every day at work with the s-bahn,

I use the mask only where I have to and I'm still negative, never got a cold or being infected.

I work with clients, between 50 to 150 people per day, with mask (at direct contact, otherwise is off),

but I cannot avoid direct contact, is a IT Service Center, you cannot have direct contact

with a client from 1.5m, especially the dumb ones, where you have to explain everything from 20 cm away from that person.

Maybe my body is waiting for BullshitB13 variant.

I was 3 times in quarantine until now, all 3 times was after a direct contact with a positive tested person, double or triple jabbed.

Still negative, never sick, never tested positive, no antibodies.

I suppose that my prophilactic treatment is still working, or I am immune.

3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Classic ant-vaxx logic... The vaccine is no good because it does not protect against infection, natural immunity is the way to go although it also does not protect against infection and absolutely does NOT give immunity!

Dr. Keith.  I think you're talking bollocks.

Look up natural immunity and educate yourself. Believe it or not,  your ancestors developed natural immunity and that's why you're here today. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/09/15/natural-immunity-vaccine-mandate/

44 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Look up natural immunity and educate yourself. Believe it or not,  your ancestors developed natural immunity and that's why you're here today. 

Yea right, so if I catch a cold or flu it means I will never get again? Opps seems natural immunity does not work for everything including it appears covid.

You stop talking bollocks!

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Maybe you should also educate yourself on biology: You´ll find that weeding out the weaker members of a population is one of the tools evolution is using. Modern medicine is trying to counteract that.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Maybe you should also educate yourself on biology: You´ll find that weeding out the weaker members of a population is one of the tools evolution is using. Modern medicine is trying to counteract that.

I agree.  It's survival of the fittest. I'm fine with modern medicine counteracting that but not at the expense of everyone else. 

48 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I agree.  It's survival of the fittest. I'm fine with modern medicine counteracting that but not at the expense of everyone else. 

Given the various diseases that have literally plagued and ravished humanity over the ages and culled our children generation after generation until science and medicine came up with vaccines, I wonder how you would rate the efficacy of survival of the fittest and  natural immunity? Personally I wouldn't give it much above D+

6 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Oh dear Mr.Bear, I'm afraid you've accidentally stumbled out of the woods, and into a civilized area where people like Brand are at least attempting (if not succeeding) to make actual, rational, thoughtful arguments. You'll probably want to lumber back in the direction you came from, to the forest of wackazoid conspiracy theory, where the vaccines don't work and actually make you sicker than the virus does. On the other hand, if you are truly interested in learning things, like walking on two legs and eating with a knife and fork, then why not skip over lightweight chucklehead Brand and take a bite of someone with a bit more meat?

Chomsky: Big Pharma Cares More About Profiting From COVID Than Human Survival