3G in Restaurants?

4,537 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Four months of freedom. Must have been grand.

馃槀

As a non- woman but have known a few - yep!

But there is a serious side despite that.聽

11 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

China is having the most cases ever. What vaccine are they using?

That animal none of us had ever heard of before is probably loose again.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

The hairdresser has been double vaccinated and told Nicole she went four months without her period after the second jab .

Was it concluded it was because of the vaccination? Otherwise, this happens to many women now and then.聽

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Netherlands have a higher rate of infections and yet are sensibly going the same way as the UK.

Time for the madness to stop.聽

It is not madness it is sanity, the UK is clearly past the peak of infections which was at the end of last year, the Netherlands are probably over the worst which was in middle Feb. despite some recent rises but Germany may not even have reached a peak in in new infections yet, take a look at the data!

Also even聽 you can hardly hold up the UK with its 162K deaths, as a good model for the way to handle covid!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

2 hours ago, Elljay said:

Was it concluded it was because of the vaccination? Otherwise, this happens to many women now and then.聽

It doesn't just "happen", there is always a reason:聽https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322961

Imagine yourself at age 25 and you suddenly don't get your period for 4 months running.聽

Wouldn't your first thought be: "Oh God, does this mean I can no longer have children?"

Alright, your very first thought may be "Am I pregnant?", but if that was excluded, that would be your big worry.

Other vaccines, e.g. against influenza,聽 may trigger temporary amenorrhea as well. And so does an infection with covid.

7 hours ago, yourkeau said:

聽Are you vaccinated?

Still a big fat NO.

I still need it? No, thank you.

Scroll the comments, and see the reality.

7 hours ago, fraufruit said:

China is having the most cases ever. What vaccine are they using?

Shenzhen, China, where a17-million people lockdownwas announced on 13 May without warning.

Yep, "vaccines are safe and working"

2 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Shenzhen, China, where a17-million people lockdownwas announced on 13 May without warning.

Yep, "vaccines are safe and working"

You do know that the Chinese vaccines aren麓t approved in the EU, don麓t you? Do you also know that Hongkong has a problem with unvaccinated elderly people dying from covid?

Since Omikron was first detected, each Corona case in Hong Kong has been 20 to 50 times more deadly than in comparable countries, the report says. Currently, five percent of infections there are fatal, it said. The reason for the high death rate is the high number of unvaccinated elderly people, notes "FT" journalist John Burn-Murdoch

deepl-translation from https://www.tagesspiegel.de/wissen/omikron-bei-ungeimpften-aelteren-menschen-nicht-mild-corona-sterblichkeitsrate-erreicht-in-hongkong-weltweiten-rekord/28163630.html

Kid1 and I have just tested positive. When even folk like us (work alone, fully immunised, living in a tiny village up a mountain) are testing positive, it seems crazy to be removing restrictions (current incidence in our district is over 2000).

Oh yeah, when I asked Kid1聽how he was feeling he said: "BRILLIANT". It seems all you need to confront聽Corona happily is being sent home from school immediately before a German Klassenarbeit. Very glad that we are all vaccinated though - we only have very minor cold-like symptoms (so far at least). Anyway, I'm just about to break the news that being sent home from school means the re-introduction of homeschooling. Kid1's delight聽about Corona is going to take a significant downturn.

9 minutes ago, dstanners said:

Kid1's delight聽about Corona is going to take a significant downturn.

If my kid,聽symptoms would abruptly worsen.

24 minutes ago, dstanners said:

Kid1 and I have just tested positive.

Wishing you both a light case. Get well soon!

Do you think he brought it home from school?

15 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Four months of freedom. Must have been grand.

My thoughts exactly!

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

symptoms would abruptly worsen

Well, after an hour of teaching him German grammar, I can certainly say that I've now got a headache!

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Do you think he brought it home from school?

That is the most likely route, but in light of the staggering incidence around here at present, I'm reluctant to jump to that conclusion. We had an electrician here last week, and I visited a couple of DIY stores. Admittedly, all were wearing masks, but there's always a risk.

The following is a summary of some recent studies on COVID-19. They include research that warrants further study to corroborate the findings and that has yet to be certified by peer review.

One in four kids with COVID develop lingering problems

One in four children with COVID-19 symptoms develop "long COVID," according to data pooled from 21 earlier studies conducted in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America.

Among the 80,071 children with COVID-19 in the studies, 25% developed symptoms that lasted at least 4-to-12 weeks or new persistent symptoms that appeared within 12 weeks, researchers reported on Sunday on medRxiv ahead of peer review.

The most frequent problems were neuropsychiatric (mood symptoms, fatigue, sleep disorders, headaches, cognitive alterations, dizziness, balance problems), cardiorespiratory (breathing difficulty, congestion, exercise intolerance, chest pain and tightness, cough, irregular heart rhythm), skin-related (excessive sweating, itchiness, hair loss) and gastrointestinal (abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea). Analyses of data pooled from many different studies with different methodologies cannot yield firm conclusions, the researchers acknowledge. What is clear, however, is that "children and adolescents have also physical and mental health consequences derived from COVID-19," said study coauthor Sonia Villapol of Houston Methodist Research Institute in Texas.

"Identifying the main signs and symptoms of pediatric long COVID can help diagnose, develop better treatments, create multidisciplinary teams for optimal clinical management, and find risk factors for prevention."

Yes, I know it hasn't been confirmed by peer review so you don't have to say it.

The United Kingdomis set to drop all remaining COVID-19 travel measures later this week, allowing all travelers 鈥 regardless of vaccination status 鈥 to enter without a passenger locator form or negative coronavirus test.

The new travel measures will go into effect 4 a.m. on Friday, according to Transport Secretary Grant Shapps.

鈥淭hese changes are possible due to our vaccine rollout and mean greater freedom in time for Easter,鈥Shapps saidin a Monday tweet.

Let's throw this into the mix -

In the U.K., meanwhile, cases were up about 52% in the last week and hospitalizations were up 18%, almost three weeks after the country dropped its last remaining COVID-19 mandates.