3G in Restaurants?

4,302 posts in this topic

My, you live on the edge :lol: 

Singing followed by eating inside with other people. Two things I haven't done for a while :lol:

25 minutes ago, kiplette said:

My, you live on the edge :lol: 

Yeah, border life.  Our verein is 3/4 🇩🇪, 1/4 🇨🇭, and me!  😀 We meet in 🇨🇭.  Different rules 10 minutes from home.  😂  

Singing followed by eating inside with other people. Two things I haven't done for a while :lol:

Yeah, I guess I’ve been a bad girl.  😂  We distance, sing in smaller groups within a very large space, and open the windows regularly.  It’s a mental health thing for me.  🙏

I live in a 5-family house with 7 kids, 3-18 years old.  The 18 yo tested positive Monday.  She happens to be the choir director’s dtr!  So he was absent last night.  I figured this was only a matter of time before someone in the house got infected.  All but the 3 yo have gotten jabbed.

I'm kind of waiting around for an Omicron specific booster. Anyone heard when that may be available?

I haven't talked to my doc yet but will soon.

@fraufruit

I am already 3 months, nearly 4 by the time I get the jab, since my last booster and my daughter (a nurse) advised me against waiting, it may still be months away.

I'll have a third Omicron booster in a few months when it's ready and I'm due for another booster.

1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

Got an appointment on the 17th for my second booster :) 

Where?  I am on my docs waiting list but it is now overdue!

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I'm kind of waiting around for an Omicron specific booster. Anyone heard when that may be available?

I haven't talked to my doc yet but will soon.

Moderna's updated booster isn't working as hoped and they are back to the drawing board. Biontech announced a delay of at least 2 months (they had hoped to be able to apply for approval by April).

3 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

Got an appointment on the 17th for my second booster :) 

Misread that! I first read 17th booster on the 2nd of the month!😂

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Where?  I am on my docs waiting list but it is now overdue!

I have Asthma so got bumped up.

4 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Enjoy.

photo_2022-03-10_06-24-25.jpg

Are you trying to point out more "expert opinions" to us?

Problem with these idiots is, instead of shooting themselves when their "predictions" don't happen, they just move on to the next bullshit.

12 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Initial forecast was June by both companies, but I remember reading that one of them might offer it before. Problem is more related with regulators.

Been tracking this situation and it looks we're not off the hook. Look at the graph below. You clearly see Portugal and France (there are more countries with same profile) with relaxed measures taking a hit in January, but quickly herd immunity kicks in and brings it down. On the other hand, this new variant in Denmark (yes, it's a new variant but for political reasons they call it a subvariant) kicks in during recovery and you see the second peak.

A few weeks later, this variant kicks in the rest of Europe and you now see a rise of cases. So instead of a fast decline, I think we will see a small peak or a plateau during the next month or so.

At the same time, the January herd immunity is starting to fade, so it's possible we can't bring it back to low values, even with warm weather.

Since Denmark was the one hit first with this variant, I would say it's the country to track to understand what will happen.

For example, is the current slowdown in Denmark caused by herd immunity fade out, is it a statistical temporary anomaly or is the new real a very high level plateau?

One interesting detail: Denmark just hit 50% of the population infected (all time). France and Portugal at 35% and Germany at 20%.  

covid.png.28f8c847ceabeb82bc219c4a513f24

7 hours ago, jeba said:

Are you trying to point out more "expert opinions" to us?

Didn't see original (thanks ignore function) but interesting to note the source is a Gab post...

From Wikipedia:

"Gab is an American alt-tech microblogging and social networking service known for its far-right userbase.[2][3][4] Widely described as a haven for neo-Nazis, white supremacists, white nationalists, the alt-right, antisemites, supporters of Donald Trump, and conspiracy theorists like QAnon,[3][4][5][6][7][8][9] it has attracted users and groups who have been banned from other social media platforms and users seeking alternatives to mainstream social media platforms.[10]"

Anyone know why cases are rising again in Germany right now? Cases are rising again in the UK too, but that's understandable as they removed all restrictions two weeks ago...but what's changed in Germany?

3 minutes ago, theGman said:

Anyone know why cases are rising again in Germany right now? Cases are rising again in the UK too, but that's understandable as they removed all restrictions two weeks ago...but what's changed in Germany?

Omicron Denmark variant?