3G in Restaurants?

4,741 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

I think it's time I educated you a bit.

You couldn´t educate a bear to shit in the woods.

Have you decided yet if it is your immunity that stops you getting Covid or if it was the Ivermectin that saved your life when you got Covid.

If you´re going to keep bullshitting at least try and keep the bullshit seemingly convincing.

13 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

So if you have a reasonably healthy diet particularly if you consume milk and other diary products(

Not sure most bog standard milk here is a good sauce of Vitamin D.  Some places do have lamps for the cows, but is not not the norm. (Same is done some places for egg laying chooks).

2 hours ago, Keleth said:

You need to look through his post history. 

He´s anti mask for a start so anything he can find negates the need for them.

He´s a let Corona run through the population person.

That may well be the case but this specific post didn't push that agenda, it was purely saying the article states that vitamin D can help.
Vitamin D has been dismissed, on this very thread, as having no benefit so I think it's worth pointing out that it does.
Your reaction to Jonny, no matter his posting history, indicates that you disagree with the article (or at least his interpretation of it) which makes you look a bit daft.

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Not sure most bog standard milk here is a good sauce of Vitamin D.  Some places do have lamps for the cows, but is not not the norm. (Same is done some places for egg laying chooks).

I drink absolutely loads of milk and at my check-up last year I was still flagged as having very low levels of vitamin D.
My doctor told me to take this (the 4000 I.E. variant):
Vit-D-K2.jpg.16de2c74ef9b0dcd68bf9ed2628

The K2 is apparently very important.

3 hours ago, Keleth said:

You need to look through his post history. 

He´s anti mask for a start so anything he can find negates the need for them.

I‘m not sure I‘m completely antimask. Sometimes I am.

Last week I went to a restaurant . I put my mask on and walked in. 2 or 3 steps later I mumbled about having a reservation and was shown to my seat a few more steps away. This all took less than a minute. When I sat down I was allowed to take my mask off then eat and drink and laugh and talk for a couple of hours. Then when I left, I had to put my mask on to walk 10 or 15  steps out of the small restaurant.

Do you seriously believe that I was ‘saving lives’ by wearing my mask for these few minutes ? In my opinion, in that setting it’s all theatre and it’s ludicrous. Why bother ? Please send me a link to a peer reviewed study that would tell me that this is necessary . Oh, and I forgot - we’re all fully vaxxed in the restaurant too.

Another situation - my kids sit in a classroom for 45 minutes to an hour and a half. They need to wear a mask at all times and their desks are spaced out more than the restaurant tables. I posted an earlier meme featuring comedian Dave Chapelle, which you ridiculed. But in my opinion that meme was 100% right. Take all those masked kids out that class and into a more crammed, less ventilated restaurant - and suddenly they don’t need masks . It’s pure theatre and is unnecessary. And as a matter of fact, Omicron is running riot in the ‘fully masked’ schools so do they really work ? 

Yes, if I visit an elderly person who is vulnerable, or even yourself with your co-morbidities then I can see why you might want to wear a mask, but all you branch Covidians seem to think you need them at all times to protect you from the deadly ‘rona.

Try actually thinking about things for once. And while you’re at it, 4000mg or more  of Vitamin D wouldn’t go amiss.;)

You don't need masks in restaurants because you can't eat while wearing a mask.  How difficult is that to underestand.  It was closing one eye and assuming the risk or closing all restaurants.

It is funny it is mostly the pro-business people who complain about this.  They want the cake and eat the cake and have another cake.

21 minutes ago, Krieg said:

You don't need masks in restaurants because you can't eat while wearing a mask.  

Fine,  but why the theatrics of putting one on to take a few steps to go to the toilet or to go to the front door ? What purpose does it serve?

8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Fine,  but why the theatrics of putting one on to take a few steps to go to the toilet or to go to the front door ? What purpose does it serve?

Your seat in the restaurant should be properly socially distanced. However when entering or leaving, you will get closer to the other guests, who are sat without masks because they are eating.

I'm sure it's not the most important part of the solution, but I'm equally sure that it does have a purpose.

Ultimately there is no 'black and white' answer, in general the more often people wear masks when mixing in public the lower the transmission rate, its a statistics thing. 

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

why the theatrics of putting one on to take a few steps to go to the toilet

Because the toilet is a small, enclosed and often unventilated place.

1 hour ago, Eric7 said:

That may well be the case but this specific post didn't push that agenda, it was purely saying the article states that vitamin D can help.
Vitamin D has been dismissed, on this very thread, as having no benefit so I think it's worth pointing out that it does.
Your reaction to Jonny, no matter his posting history, indicates that you disagree with the article (or at least his interpretation of it) which makes you look a bit daft.

If my reply had been to almost anyone else then you would be correct.

Not with Jonny though,he is always trying to post "gotcha" posts.For example "out of curiosity are there any other "vaccines" that don`t give immunity to the disease they´re for" and many others of that ilk.

There is always an ulterior motive in his posts.

43 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I posted an earlier meme featuring comedian Dave Chapelle, which you ridiculed.

No I didn´t ridicule it.

I explained that people like you don´t seem to understand why there is a difference between a restaurant and a school in requiring mask wearing.It is explained succinctly here...

40 minutes ago, Krieg said:

It was closing one eye and assuming the risk or closing all restaurants.

Now Chapelle is a clever comedian and as I explained then he was either aiming this joke at people like you who can´t understand the difference or he actually believed what he said.

23 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You are not peeing from your mouth.  Seriously, is it that difficult?

10 minutes ago, pappnase said:

Your seat in the restaurant should be properly socially distanced. However when entering or leaving, you will get closer to the other guests, who are sat without masks because they are eating.

I'm sure it's not the most important part of the solution, but I'm equally sure that it does have a purpose.

Ultimately there is no 'black and white' answer, in general the more often people wear masks when mixing in public the lower the transmission rate, its a statistics thing. 

Also maybe because if they didn´t have to wear them at all then they would be held up as a reason for every other business etc to demand they shouldn´t have to be worn in their establishments either.

1 hour ago, Eric7 said:

I drink absolutely loads of milk and at my check-up last year I was still flagged as having very low levels of vitamin D.

I know it might be painful but you really should stop sleeping in that coffin all day and get some sunlight.:D

25 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I know it might be painful but you really should stop sleeping in that coffin all day and get some sunlight.:D

That made me chuckle.

So on the subject of masks in restaurants,  if the vaccines don't stop you getting,  transmitting and carrying covid .... when do we actually stop wearing masks ? Covid isn't going away so are we wearing masks forever ? 

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So on the subject of masks in restaurants,  if the vaccines don't stop you getting,  transmitting and carrying covid ... when do we actually stop wearing masks ? Covid isn't going away so are we wearing masks forever ? 

Hopefully when a variant that isn´t dangerous comes along and is the last variant.

We may be there with omicron but it´s too soon to declare that it´s going to be the last variant.

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So on the subject of masks in restaurants,  if the vaccines don't stop you getting,  transmitting and carrying covid ... when do we actually stop wearing masks ? Covid isn't going away so are we wearing masks forever ? 

If poison kills people when do we start drinking it? Should we avoid poison forever?

Your arguments used to make some sort of sense and some of your complaints in the past were actually valid.  But nowadays you either became lazy or you gave up.

50 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Sleep lightly and make sure your windows are closed. 😂

It seems taking Vitamin D supplements are not without danger.

Getting too much vitamin D (known as vitamin D toxicity) can be harmful. Signs of toxicity include nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, constipation, weakness, and weight loss. Excess vitamin D can also damage the kidneys. Too much vitamin D also raises the level of calcium in your blood. High levels of blood calcium (hypercalcemia) can cause confusion, disorientation, and problems with heart rhythm.

Most cases of vitamin D toxicity happen when someone overuses vitamin D supplements. Excessive sun exposure doesn't cause vitamin D poisoning because the body limits the amount of this vitamin it produces.

Not sure how that compares with the side effects if any of covid vaccination but there you go!

http://.gov/vitaminddeficiency.html