3G in Restaurants?

4,305 posts in this topic

On 01/02/2022, 12:41:22, yourkeau said:

Fresh article in Nature (peer-reviewed and accepted for publication, but not finally edited yet).

As anside peer reviewed simply means everyone agrees with it, breakthroughs in science come from the fringes. Stuff from the fringes is never peer reviewed becuase it is new. Horsepaste to beat covid, how stupid is that.... and the rest is history.

1 hour ago, Rushrush said:

As anside peer reviewed simply means everyone agrees with it

Not really. It just means the 2 or 3 reviewers haven´t found a fault with the content and methods used.

3 hours ago, Rushrush said:

breakthroughs in science come from the fringes.

Really?  So the giant corporations and giant university research departments around the world are being outsmarted by some "fringe" guys in a basement?

4 minutes ago, catjones said:

Really?  So the giant corporations and giant university research departments around the world are being outsmarted by some "fringe" guys in a basement?

You mean J2 "doing research and asking questions"? *innocently sips a glass of wine*

On 1/30/2022, 2:29:41, jeba said:

Can you also tell us which of this downsides one would not have to worry about in case of infection while being unvaccinated?

I can give you one downside:

COVID vaccines and pregnancy: >416,186 spontaneous abortions due to the vaccine

A new analysis by Dr. Jessica Rose estimates the number of spontaneous abortions caused by the COVID vaccines. It's over 416,186 to date. I've notified the CDC, but I don't expect to hear back.

COVID vaccines and pregnancy: >416,186 spontaneous abortions due to the vaccine (substack.com)

3 minutes ago, Mr.Bear said:

I can give you one downside:

COVID vaccines and pregnancy: >416,186 spontaneous abortions due to the vaccine

A new analysis by Dr. Jessica Rose estimates the number of spontaneous abortions caused by the COVID vaccines. It's over 416,186 to date. I've notified the CDC, but I don't expect to hear back.

COVID vaccines and pregnancy: >416,186 spontaneous abortions due to the vaccine (substack.com)

Is that a peer-reviewed newsletter? And how does that compare to the nunber of abortions due to infection? And to the placebo group?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/freedom-of-information-responses-from-the-mhra-week-commencing-16-august-2021/freedom-of-information-request-on-covid-19-vaccination-in-pregnancy-foi-21840

Freedom of Information request on COVID-19 vaccination in pregnancy (FOI 21/840)

Published 20 January 2022

..."concluded that there is currently no evidence from the reports to suggest that any of the COVID-19 vaccines used in the UK, or any reactions to these vaccines, increase the risk of miscarriage"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting#contents

Coronavirus vaccine - weekly summary of Yellow Card reporting

Updated 3 February 2022

"There is no pattern from the reports to suggest that any of the COVID-19 vaccines used in the UK, or any reactions to these vaccines, increase the risk of miscarriage, stillbirths, congenital anomalies or birth complications. "

On 2/3/2022, 2:39:51, Rushrush said:

As anside peer reviewed simply means everyone agrees with it, breakthroughs in science come from the fringes. Stuff from the fringes is never peer reviewed becuase it is new. Horsepaste to beat covid, how stupid is that... and the rest is history.

Name me a single such example, and I will send you a peer reviewed article where it was published. Peer review is not about agreement or disagreement.

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Well now @yourkeau looks like your country has done some interesting studies to back up what we knew already...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-study-offers-strongest-proof-yet-of-vitamin-ds-power-to-fight-covid/

Reading plain English is not your strong skill:

The study is based on research conducted during Israel’s first two waves of the virus, before vaccines were widely available, and doctors emphasized that vitamin supplements were not a substitute for vaccines, but rather a way to keep immunity levels from falling.

Vitamins are not substitute for masks and vaccines. If you do both, and you take vitamins, that will help you indeed.

A good example: you drink 0.5 l vodka, then you eat an Oreo cake and go to bed. You get up in the morning with a hangover. Your conclusion: I shouldn't have eaten that Oreo, it caused the hangover.

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

A good example: you drink 0.5 l vodka, then you eat an Oreo cake and go to bed. You get up in the morning with a hangover. Your conclusion: I shouldn't have eaten that Oreo, it caused the hangover.

Ah then that is the reason I never get a hangover, I don't like Oreos and never eat them.:D

11 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Reading plain English is not your strong skill:

Oops did Jonny yet again link an article to prove his point and it does in fact the opposite.

26 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Oops did Jonny yet again link an article to prove his point and it does in fact the opposite.

Give the poor guy a break. It was a long article and his lips got tired halfway through. 

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

How does it prove the opposite? Did you actually read the article?

I don't see where in his post that Jonny is saying vitamin D can negate the need for masks and vaccines.

In any case, I thought there was already a forum-wide consensus that having healthy vitamin D levels can help against Covid?
The linked article just backs up that opinion with data.

2 hours ago, Keleth said:

I don't normally stoop to your level but are you an idiot ?

The article proves my point that vitamin D is beneficial.  Nothing more nothing less.  That was my point. 

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Give the poor guy a break. It was a long article and his lips got tired halfway through. 

And another idiot who didn't read.  Or maybe you can't. 

Believe it or not I posted that because it might actually give people hope that they can make themselves a bit healthier instead of sitting around waiting for the deadly 'rona to snatch them away. 

And as for @yourkeau we know he struggles with language so I'll let you know that nowhere in that article was it saying that vitamin D was a substitute for anything else.  It was just saying that it was beneficial against covid. 

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Believe it or not I posted that because it might actually give people hope that they can make themselves a bit healthier instead of sitting around waiting for the deadly 'rona to snatch them away. 

And as for @yourkeau we know he struggles with language so I'll let you know that nowhere in that article was it saying that vitamin D was a substitute for anything else.  It was just saying that it was beneficial against covid. 

What the article says is than having a deficiency of vitamin D is not good if you become infected with covid and if you have normal levels you are less likely to suffer serious illness from covid and that in the light of:-

Vitamin D deficiency is endemic across the Middle East, including in Israel,

So if you have a reasonably healthy diet particularly if you consume milk and other diary products and are not pregnant then most likely your vitamin D level is OK and taking supplements is a waste of money and certainly won't stop you getting infected or reduce the risk of serious illness. So stop telling people it will, if anyone is  really worried about it they should  go to their doctor for a test and respond according to the results.

2 hours ago, Eric7 said:

I don't see where in his post that Jonny is saying vitamin D can negate the need for masks and vaccines.

You need to look through his post history. 

He´s anti mask for a start so anything he can find negates the need for them.

He´s a let Corona run through the population person.