3G in Restaurants?

3,552 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Really! Otherwise you'd need a blood test to obtain "genesen" status, not a PCR test. Also,  the routine anti-spike antibody tests don't tell whether you have antibodies due to vaccination or  due to infection.

Not really relevant to the point that was being made or the question posed.

Genesen is a post infection assumption that you have antibodies thus don't require vaccination, so to the original question 

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

What good does it do to know how many antibodies you have? What does it change? Wouldn't some people not get vaccinated if their antibodies were high?

Loads of people wouldn't get vaccinated as they didn't when given "genesen" status.

1 hour ago, karin_brenig said:

you are considered "genesen" if you satisfy these criteria:

means you had a positive PCR test result at least 28 days ago and no more than 90 days ago.

That's a really narrow window of oportunity. Not very practical.

Thanks for your, once again, patronising insight into known facts.

13 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Not really relevant to the point that was being made or the question posed.

Genesen is a post infection assumption that you have antibodies thus don't require vaccination,

It seems you don't know what your antibody status means - or not. You may have antibodies but still not be genesen. E.g. think of reinventions or those who remain PCR-positive for months.

Edit to previous post: must read reinfections rather than reinventions.  My tablet's spellchecker doesn't allow me to correct it

50 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Thanks for your, once again, patronising insight into known facts.

Why the attitude ? Someone asked about genesen.  Karin helpfully explained the definition. You're a bit rude to her for some reason.  She's only trying to be helpful. 

32 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Why the attitude ? Someone asked about genesen.  Karin helpfully explained the definition. You're a bit rude to her for some reason.  She's only trying to be helpful. 

thanks @Jonny.

I am getting used to the sometimes "rough" tone on TT. But I still find it strange, how people can be offended, rude, agressive in a "virtual space" like this towards somebody they have never met in real life. Apart from my firm belief that using negative words, or having negative feelings, has direct effects on one's own physical and mental health, I really can't muster up enough energy to attack an "invisible" person myself.

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Remember it's based on politics , not actual science. 😑 

Nothing wrong with that. Science can´t provide for a "one size fits all" criterion, so you need to have a political decision.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

Nothing wrong with that. Science can´t provide for a "one size fits all" criterion, so you need to have a political decision.

The problem is that the political decisions in Germany are not in tune with the political decisions elsewhere.

For a country claiming to be big on "European" solutions, their actions speak a different language.

In Germany, "recovered" status lasts for 90 days (see my post of 23.01.2022), while the EU political line has it at 180 days: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

• Recovered persons, holding an EU Digital COVID Certificate should be exempt from travel-related testing or quarantine during the first 180 days after a positive PCR test.

In Germany, it starts with day 28 after the PCR test, the EU line is day 11:

• Certificates of recovery (indicating that a person has recovered from an infection with COVID-19) can only be issued following a positive NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test) such as RT-PCR test. They can be issued 11 days after the date of the initial test.

But "90 days" is just the rule for non-parlamentarians.

If you are a member of parliament (Bundestag), your "recovered" status (for going to work in the Bundestag) is actually still 6 monthshttps://www-tagesspiegel-de.translate.goog/politik/im-bundestag-weiter-sechs-monate-gueltig-aeltestenrat-will-ueber-ausnahme-beim-genesenen-status-beraten/28005558.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=wapp

The first newspaper to report on this "special" rule, just for members of parliament, was Bild.

And there was a wave of protest.

Bild is often derided as populist, but politicians would do well to remember: Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I listened to this lawyer today. 

Re Panda's post.

In German.

My comment: Those who have power do what they want. You plebs - obey. Ok?

48 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

The problem is that the political decisions in Germany are not in tune with the political decisions elsewhere.

THat´s a different problem though. Just as the problem with how government communicates is a different problem. E.g. doctors are annoyed that they weren´t informed that the rules for needing a PCR test changed. They learnt from the media. Their associations had not been made aware beforehand.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

THat´s a different problem though. Just as the problem with how government communicates is a different problem. E.g. doctors are annoyed that they weren´t informed that the rules for needing a PCR test changed. They learnt from the media. Their associations had not been made aware beforehand.

In Berlin they lifted the kids' mandatory presence at schools from yesterday until the end of February.  They informed the schools the day before via email at 16:55.

That's the new way.

Maybe the title of the thread should be changed to "3G in Restaurants and hospitals".

A three year old boy in Nicosia at the centre of controversy, as Germany and Israel refused urgent heart treatment because his parents were unvaccinated, was travelling via air ambulance to an Athens hospital at noon, for surgery, following the vaccination of both parents.

The boy was being treated at the Makarion hospital in Nicosia.

Following the deadlock that would prove detrimental to the boy’s life, the health ministry’s Director General Christina Yiannaki initially reached agreement yesterday with a hospital in Israel that gave the green light for the child’s transfer on Monday.

But that might have been too late, so authorities turned to Greece too, for an alternative, and the good news came in early last night as the ‘Mitera’ hospital accepted the boy for immediate transfer today.

Previous efforts to airlift the three year old to the German medical centre where the boy had undergone another surgery last July, failed, so the health ministry turned elsewhere.

The boy’s parents received the Pfizer vaccine first dose on Thursday and it will take three weeks for the 2nd dose that will secure a covid vaccination certificate.

In remarks yesterday, the boy’s father Alexey Matveev, rejected claims that he and his wife refused to vaccinate with the Johnson&Johnson one dose vaccine as had been suggested by Cypriot authorities, saying they had received the Pfizer vaccine following a suggestion by the German medical centre.

‘I wasn’t aware that foreign parents required vaccination in Germany for their children to have an operation, otherwise I would have done it’, the father said.

He expressed the view that it wasn’t logical for anyone to vaccinate if they were healthy and further denied that authorities in Cyprus had suggested the Johnson and Johnson.

Yesterday morning, Christina Yiannaki expressed concern over the child’s health, saying that the parents had been informed in time on the need for vaccination.

The boy will be treated at the children’s surgery unit of the Mitera hospital in Athens, with the leading surgeon being Yiorgos Sarris.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/three-year-old-boy-in-athens-for-heart-operation-as-parents-get-vaccinated/

They are withholding a heart transplant from a patient in the U.S. because he isn't vaccinated and still refuses to get vaccinated.

I would say, his loss.

ETA - Just found more on organ transplants and vaccination here.  

Makes perfect sense.

On 1/26/2022, 3:58:18, fraufruit said:

What good does it do to know how many antibodies you have? What does it change? Wouldn't some people not get vaccinated if their antibodies were high?

Not only that, but where's the downside of getting vaccinated?

1 hour ago, catjones said:

Not only that, but where's the downside of getting vaccinated?

According to certain conspiracy nuts, people are dropping dead from vaccines all over the place.

You and I know there is no downside.

23 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

According to certain conspiracy nuts, people are dropping dead from vaccines all over the place.

You and I know there is no downside.

Dr Fraufruit PhD,  thanks for sharing your knowledge. 

15 hours ago, Jonny said:

Do you trust people with PhDs? I thought you're totally against "establishment government-controlled science", why tease with this?  

On 1/26/2022, 9:09:58, Krieg said:

In Berlin they lifted the kids' mandatory presence at schools from yesterday until the end of February.  They informed the schools the day before via email at 16:55.

That would have made sense with Delta, but with Omicron Germany is trying to delay the peak as much as possible and we'll be in trouble till end of March or later.

Portugal, Spain, France and others seems to have already reached peak and on the way for a substantial reduction till end of February.

I understand that Germany has the problem of low vaccination on the elderly, so they want to delay the peak to avoid filling ICUs, but I think it's time to let it go.

17 hours ago, Jonny said:

So you admit you belong to that group.