3G in Restaurants?

3,588 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I've made some research ...

This is painful.

13 minutes ago, Krieg said:

This is painful.

Am I making some outrageous or wrong claim?

As of last October:

• there are dozens of different tests
  • each lab has its own metrics. Some have a Yes/no criteria, others measure differently (T-cell vs antibody) and even when measuring the same, the process yelds different count
  • it's currently impossible to ensure compatibility of results between labs
  • There are no standards and noone says what is good or bad

I actually spent several hours because a forum member asked me for information in private. And I get shit posts as an answer.

I thought the idea of this forum was trying to help each other, not venting personal grudges.

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

... not venting personal grudges.

This paranoia is no good for you.  Talk to someone about it.

12 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Am I making some outrageous or wrong claim?

As of last October:

• there are dozens of different tests
  • each lab has its own metrics. Some have a Yes/no criteria, others measure differently (T-cell vs antibody) and even when measuring the same, the process yelds different count
  • it's currently impossible to ensure compatibility of results between labs
  • There are no standards and noone says what is good or bad

I actually spent several hours because a forum member asked me for information in private. And I get shit posts as an answer.

I thought the idea of this forum was trying to help each other, not venting personal grudges.

Meanwhile there is a WHO standard at least for neutralizing antibody tests and each lab should be able to convert their results into the WHO units (BAU/volume where BAU stands for binding antibody units). "Should be able" doesn't mean "is able" though, at least in Cyprus,  as I found out the hard way.

32 minutes ago, jeba said:

Meanwhile there is a WHO standard at least for neutralizing antibody tests and each lab should be able to convert their results into the WHO units (BAU/volume where BAU stands for binding antibody units). 

This.  The Swiss lab report I read had the Messwert expressed as BAU/mL (67.2), (>= 11.2 as positiv) and stated that „Die Einheit entspricht dem internationalen WHO-standard“.

21 hours ago, Eric7 said:

Is this the light bulb moment?

People thinking the German authorities haven´t got a fucking clue and couldn´t organise a piss up in a brewery is not the same as agreeing the vaccination is dangerous or that there is a conspiracy.

Just read back and see how many complaints there are about that very fact.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Meanwhile there is a WHO standard at least for neutralizing antibody tests and each lab should be able to convert their results into the WHO units (BAU/volume where BAU stands for binding antibody units). "Should be able" doesn't mean "is able" though, at least in Cyprus,  as I found out the hard way.

Problem is, AFAIK nobody knows what amount and what type of antibodies/t-cells are good enough protection. Many studies out there, but agencies like FDA clearly state as from last week that Antibody tests should not be used to indicate protection.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/resources/antibody-tests-guidelines.html

22 minutes ago, Keleth said:

People thinking the German authorities haven´t got a fucking clue and couldn´t organise a piss up in a brewery is not the same as agreeing the vaccination is dangerous or that there is a conspiracy.

Just read back and see how many complaints there are about that very fact.

This.  Unless you are an idiot, it's very simple to see the two points as distinct.

11 hours ago, kiplette said:

Oooh.

Cabin Pressure fan?

Yes but not why I used it here.Memories of childhood Geography classes and the fact it popped up in the news because of another coup this week.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Problem is, AFAIK nobody knows what amount and what type of antibodies/t-cells are good enough protection.

True, but at least you can now compare results between different labs.

What good does it do to know how many antibodies you have? What does it change? Wouldn't some people not get vaccinated if their antibodies were high?

32 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Wouldn't some people not get vaccinated if their antibodies were high?

Surely if their antibodies were high... they don't need vaccination to boost their antibodies ???

Or am I missing something ? 🤔 

42 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What good does it do to know how many antibodies you have? What does it change? Wouldn't some people not get vaccinated if their antibodies were high?

Isn't that the basis of "genesen"?

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

If my antibodies had still been high I wouldn´t have gone for a 4th vaccination yet.

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

Isn't that the basis of "genesen"?

No. The antibodies routinely tested for don´t tell you whether you had the infection or were just vaccinated.

52 minutes ago, jeba said:

No. The antibodies routinely tested for don´t tell you whether you had the infection or were just vaccinated.

Really?  So Genesen isn't based on the fact you already have anitbodies in your system so therefore no vaccination required - for whatever time they think those antibodies are present in high enough numbers as not to require it?

9 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Really?  So Genesen isn't based on the fact you already have anitbodies in your system so therefore no vaccination required - for whatever time they think those antibodies are present in high enough numbers as not to require it?

you are considered "genesen" if you satisfy these criteria:

Fachliche Vorgaben für Genesenennachweise, mit Wirkung vom 15.01.2022:

Ein Genesenennachweis im Sinne der COVID-19-Schutzmaßnahmen-Ausnahmenverordnung und der Coronavirus-Einreiseverordnung muss aus fachlicher Sicht folgenden Vorgaben entsprechen:

a) Die Testung zum Nachweis der vorherigen Infektion muss durch eine Labordiagnostik mittels Nukleinsäurenachweis (PCR, PoC-PCR oder weitere Methoden der Nukleinsäureamplifikationstechnik) erfolgt sein

UND

b) das Datum der Abnahme des positiven Tests muss mindestens 28 Tage zurückliegen

UND

c) das Datum der Abnahme des positiven Tests darf höchstens 90 Tage zurückliegen.

means you had a positive PCR test result at least 28 days ago and no more than 90 days ago.

That's a really narrow window of oportunity. Not very practical.

13 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Really! Otherwise you'd need a blood test to obtain "genesen" status, not a PCR test. Also,  the routine anti-spike antibody tests don't tell whether you have antibodies due to vaccination or  due to infection.

Just now, karin_brenig said:

That's a really narrow window of oportunity. Not very practical.

Remember it's based on politics , not actual science. 😑