3G in Restaurants?

3,772 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, bramble said:

 

Geil = randy. The German equivalent of the f-word ist also an f-word such as in f*** dich. Never heard it used here in my younger days. 

 

 

I agree. You forgot to mention "ebend" instead of "eben". It makes my skin crawl. 

For some weird reason, I really dislike the words ‘lekker’ and ‘Stromfresser’. Unfortunately, I’m one of those German speakers that will  never get the Artikel right. Comes from learning German as a child from my family in Hessen. Everything was just ‘d’!  Nice and simple though hard to relearn. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Politicos muddying the already muddied waters now with reducing the genesen time...but not for themselves...meaning thousands will now be running around to get a booster or even first vaccination leaving many in limbo.  Making genesen status hard to come by with the restricting of PCR testing which may force many to get an unsafe vaccination.

They're lucky the population, generally, has gone with the flow as they're making a great job at snatching defeat from victory again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Making genesen status hard to come by with the restricting of PCR testing which may force many to get an unsafe vaccination.

 

How do you define an "unsafe vaccination"?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karin_brenig said:

Read the book "der Dativ ist dem Genitiv sein Tod" - if you like German grammar, or the lack thereof

On 24.1.2022, 08:57:00, Keleth said:

 

For me, that would be torture. Tantamount to the quote system.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Making genesen status hard to come by with the restricting of PCR testing 

This is what I wondered about.  Omicron seems to be running rampant at the moment but if you can't get a PCR test how would you know you had it ? In an ideal world it wouldn't be a problem and you'd deal with it but in this world with restrictions depending on your status what do you do ? Also if you've just recovered you don't need an immediate booster but how do you prove you've recovered ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bennetn said:

.... Making genesen status hard to come by with the restricting of PCR testing which may force many to get an unsafe vaccination.

 

 

so, which one of the vaccines available in Germany is "unsafe" ? (just want to know, so that I can avoid that one for my fourth shot in a few months)

 

BTW - if you know you are having COVID, with symptoms and a positive antigen test, you qualify for a PCR test. And subsequently renewed "genesen" status - if you survive, that is.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Omicron seems to be running rampant at the moment but if you can't get a PCR test how would you know you had it

You could do a blood test for antibodies against the nuceocapsid. Cost € 13,99 (at least that´s what public insurance pays to the laboratory). I remember that price because I paid € 30 in Cyprus and was annoyed at the difference (and disappointed that I was still negative).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

 

How do you define an "unsafe vaccination"?

One that is given too quickly after genesen

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, karin_brenig said:

 

so, which one of the vaccines available in Germany is "unsafe" ? (just want to know, so that I can avoid that one for my fourth shot in a few months)

 

BTW - if you know you are having COVID, with symptoms and a positive antigen test, you qualify for a PCR test. And subsequently renewed "genesen" status - if you survive, that is.

Are you following the latest news?  You know there is a lack of PCR testing capactiy which is getting worse.  Being qualified doesn't mean you will necessarily get the PCR test.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone advise what to do in my situation?

 

I sent my quarantine paperwork in to my job and all evidence of my positive tests. They are now asking for proof from a doctor that I was actually sick. I don’t have a doctor’s note, but I have asked for one now. However, I think it may be too late. I was sick with cold symptoms and anxiety. My doctor knows this. 
 

Is this legal? I’m afraid my work won’t pay me now. Isn’t the quarantine paperwork enough? I teach in person if that makes any difference. 
 

Edit: TK told me that the quarantine paperwork is enough. I don’t want to respond to my work just yet because I don’t say something wrong. This was their question:

 

Hallo,

 

ob Sie bei einem Arzt waren, ist unerheblich. Ob Sie krank geschrieben wurden von einem Arzt müsste ich wissen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bennetn said:

One that is given too quickly after genesen

What exactly is unsafe? 

 

It's useless, but why unsafe?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bennetn said:

Are you following the latest news?  You know there is a lack of PCR testing capactiy which is getting worse.  Being qualified doesn't mean you will necessarily get the PCR test.

 

yes, I know. Whether or not you "qualify", and which priority group you fall into, changes almost daily now.

 

Even more reason to take personal control and responsibility for your own life into your own hands, using your own brains - if possible.

 

Do you want to be allowed in "everywhere"? Then you have no choice other than 2G (or some places even 2G+ now). You need to figure out for yourself, how to acchieve that status. Everybody's personal situation will be different, of course. I had it easy: I simply got my recommended 3 shots.

 

If you really don't need/want to get into everything, you are free to stay unvaccinated, or get whatever vaccinations you may want, or test yourself daily at home. Total freedom - as long as you stay at home and barely go grocery shopping.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yourkeau said:

What exactly is unsafe? 

 

It's useless, but why unsafe?

 


Really?  Then why have we been telling people to wait 6 months?  Why not vaccinating them after 1, 2 , 4 months or whatever?

The management of this in Germany is the biggest driver of hesitancy, it's like they don't know what they are doing.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, karin_brenig said:

 

yes, I know. Whether or not you "qualify", and which priority group you fall into, changes almost daily now.

 

Even more reason to take personal control and responsibility for your own life into your own hands, using your own brains - if possible.

 

Do you want to be allowed in "everywhere"? Then you have no choice other than 2G (or some places even 2G+ now). You need to figure out for yourself, how to acchieve that status. Everybody's personal situation will be different, of course. I had it easy: I simply got my recommended 3 shots.

 

If you really don't need/want to get into everything, you are free to stay unvaccinated, or get whatever vaccinations you may want, or test yourself daily at home. Total freedom - as long as you stay at home and barely go grocery shopping.

 

Thanks for the patronising message, absolutely useless and does not address the issue.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just waiting for you to be classed as anti vaxx. The usual way to shut people down who question the rules. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bennetn said:

 


Really?  Then why have we been telling people to wait 6 months?  Why not vaccinating them after 1, 2 , 4 months or whatever?

The management of this in Germany is the biggest driver of hesitancy, it's like they don't know what they are doing.

 

Is this the light bulb moment?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bennetn said:

 


The management of this in Germany is the biggest driver of hesitancy, it's like they don't know what they are doing.

 

totally agree! the rules and recommendations change daily. Everybody makes up stuff as they go. Confusion and frustration abound.

 

For me (just my personal opinion) even more reasons to sit down, calmly analyze the information that I can gather for myself from various sources, and take action within the ever changing framework of new rules/regulations. It's the "fend for yourself" mindset, that I usually fall back onto when there is no other choice that would allow me to maintain my sanity.

 

What surprises me, still, after over 2 years of ongoing pandemic, that people hope to see some "leadership" coming out of politics.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Findus said:

May be an image of text that says 'One more time; if you won't get vaccinated and won't wear a mask and then wonder why the pandemic is still going on. ITIS BECAUSE OF YOU!'

 

It seems vaccination with the current leaky vaccines cannot end the pandemic. I would be happy to be wrong here!

 

"The idea that herd immunity can be achieved with a coronavirus vaccine is "mythical", the UK's top vaccine boss has warned.

Professor Sir Andrew Pollard, director of the Oxford Vaccine Group, said on Tuesday that herd immunity is “not a possibility” with the current Delta variant."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mythical-covid-jab-result-herd-immunity-warns-top-vaccine-boss-160028483.html

 

"Once again, many scientists find themselves with the belief that the emergence of the Omicron variant announces the end of the pandemic and the virus’ transition into endemicity. Their prediction is largely based upon the initial observation that Omicron seems to be causing rather mild disease symptoms which they interpret as being indicative of a virus that—although more infectious—is now becoming less virulent and, therefore, increasingly featuring endemic behavior. I am afraid that once again, I don’t agree—a pandemic can only be tamed by herd immunity. Given the high vaccine coverage rates in most industrialized countries, we have generated anything but herd immunity."

https://www.voiceforscienceandsolidarity.org/scientific-blog/to-all-those-who-believe-omicron-is-signaling-the-transition-of-the-pandemic-into-endemicity

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now