COVID vaccination first dose in a different country

19 posts in this topic

I'm on vacation right now and I'll be back to Germany soon. I was wondering if it is allowed to take one dose of AstraZeneca vaccine here at my current location (non-EU) and the second in Germany?

Allowed ? Sure. But...you know what ? I just wouldn t. The potential for administrative unthinking half baked shite is just too likely.

Last summer I was not even allowed to get the first shot in Hamburg and the second in Franken. maybe the rules have changed. I agree, wait. 

Depends. It is even possible that your first AZ shot was manufactured in India, therefore it is not recognized in EU. Not kidding, this happened to 6 million brits!

Yes. And british AZ exported to France was deemed invalid in UK. Someone got paid for inventing that one too.

If you are mainly worried about not catching Covid, get your first shot now and never mention it again. I know people who got vaccinated in Russia (Sputnik), didn't get it recognized and just got 2 shots of Pfizer "in the West" and no one was any the wiser.

This does not constitute medical advice,  but given that e.g. the UK government recommends three shots for anyone over 50, this is what I would do *personally* (I'm 49 1/2). But then I've had Covid and two shots (in that order).

Ah... pragmatic solution. Keep stumm about the non EU jab. Yes, why not ?

On 10/20/2021, 2:37:31, medk said:

I'm on vacation right now and I'll be back to Germany soon. I was wondering if it is allowed to take one dose of AstraZeneca vaccine here at my current location (non-EU) and the second in Germany?

It is not illegal if that is your question, but you will not get a vaccination certificate. In Germany, you will be counted as "vaccinated with 1 dose only". 

On 10/20/2021, 5:06:59, MikeMelga said:

Depends. It is even possible that your first AZ shot was manufactured in India, therefore it is not recognized in EU. Not kidding, this happened to 6 million brits!

Because Brits like shooting themselves in the foot. Ukraine also uses Indian AstraZeneca, but its certificates are recognized in the EU because the Ukrainian govt has signed an agreement with the EU. 

Thanks Yourkeau.

It is still not clear to me if I can be considered as vaccinated when I have the recovery certificate from eu. In fact, uk has not updated any of their travel policies since it has been announced today. Any idea pls?

« 2 dose vaccines

If you were vaccinated with a 2 dose vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer BioNTech, Oxford AstraZeneca, or a combination of them), you must have had both doses to be considered fully vaccinated for travel to the UK.

This applies in all cases, even if you’ve recently recovered from COVID-19 and have natural immunity. »

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination#proof-of-vaccination

… editing 10 min later. It seems they are updating their website now, so let’s see. 

2 hours ago, bennetn said:

The UK accepts the EU Digital Covid Certificate so recovered is now recognised.

33 minutes ago, Liloulu said:

Thanks Bennetn. That would be amazing. 

100% sure? I flight tonight 🙈🙈

@bennetn ??

Sorry, did not see this.  No, not 100% sure, this is the UK government advice after all.

They have indicated they now recognise the EU digital pass - which in itself includes recovered to detemine vaccination status - but as usual the devil will be in the detail as the UK site indicates it requires to see an approved course of vaccinations.  One of those things cannot be right!

Unambiguous and coherent English does not seem to be in fashion on the uk.gov website. It would make life too simple.

Incoherency and ambiguity are the hallmarks of the current UK government. The gov.uk site is too useful to be totally ignored yet too vague to be relied upon...:angry:

On 1.11.2021, 13:53:35, optimista said:

Unambiguous and coherent English does not seem to be in fashion on the uk.gov website.

Possibly because its written by people whose mother tongue is NOT UK-English?

Hi all, sorry I did not see the messages earlier. I rarely connect here.

I wrote to the department for transport in the uk (they replied on Monday this week) and I also asked the border force. They both confirmed that you need to be double jabbed - and a proof of recent recovery is not sufficient to be exempt from quarantine and test 2+8. Even a previous recovery and a single jab is not sufficient (unless J&J).

Hope it helps.