Looking to find a friend in Berlin last seen 1972

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking to find a friend in Berlin. We last met in 1972 when she visited me in California for a month. She was my girlfriend who I met when a soldier in  Berlin circa 1968/9. I have no romantic ambitions being long happily married and father of two grown children. I simply want to know that she is OK. We are planning a return to Berlin next year and perhaps we will meet. Any suggestions or referrals to an agency or person who may be able to find her current residence. I can provide basic information: name, age, profession, family and last address. I offer a financial incentive to anyone who can provide information leading to finding her contact information.  Danke Sehr

Regards,

Chris

I guess you´ve tried looking for her on Facebook, etc?

The telephone book is online these days too, but the girl probably got married and changed her name, so start by looking for her parents, who are also more likely to have a "proper" telephone!

Why not simply put up all of the information you have on this girl, and see if TT can help? We´ve had some successes in the past, so who knows?

Given the age of the lady who is probably in her early 70s its very unlikely that her parents are still alive.

You could try to get a "Melderegisterauskunft" for her. Since everybody in Germany has to register their new address when they move, it is theoretically possible to get the data for most people from the city council. Apparently, the costs are ca. 10 € and it can be done online (?). Disclaimer: I have not tried this myself; it's just an idea.

https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/120732/

On 10/9/2021, 9:31:44, Nenette said:

You could try to get a "Melderegisterauskunft" for her. Since everybody in Germany has to register their new address when they move, it is theoretically possible to get the data for most people from the city council.

in Privatschutz-happy Germany this is a thing?  I thought you could get in trouble for that sort of thing...   :D

Eine Krankenhaus-Angestellte soll Dutzende Adressen von Zielpersonen aus rechten Kreisen illegal abgerufen und an radikale Linke weitergegeben haben. Ermittler vermuten, dass die Abfragen mehrere brutale Angriffe ermöglichten. In zwei Fällen führt die Spur zur in Dresden angeklagten Lina E..

If you have their old address and date of birth, you can get some information.  And you have to provide your details, and the reason you want the info.

On 09/10/2021, 07:04:30, robinson100 said:

I guess you´ve tried looking for her on Facebook, etc?

The telephone book is online these days too, but the girl probably got married and changed her name, so start by looking for her parents, who are also more likely to have a "proper" telephone!

Why not simply put up all of the information you have on this girl, and see if TT can help? We´ve had some successes in the past, so who knows?

Her parents may well be deceased. If their names and town are known, maybe look at death announcements. These usually show the names of family members. If their daughter married her surname might be shown. 

This site might be of help, though you have to pay a fee:

Sie suchen eine aktuelle Adresse von jemandem, können diese aber nicht finden, da die gesuchte Person nicht im Telefonbuch eingetragen ist?

Wir finden jeden! Selbst bei Namensänderung (Heirat), Todesfall, oder Wegzug ins Ausland

Die gesuchte Person erfährt nichts von Ihrer Anfrage.

https://einwohnermeldeamt24.de/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnoqLBhD4ARIsAL5JedI2onV4NGfAWE2SaPV1N389BP_IAdSB7xIXpj_KiV0nqCDrG1nyXVwaAsxZEALw_wcB