Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 people refused boarding with Easyjet

41 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, colincostello said:

But there was one difficult question.  It was to do with uplaoding a QR code. I tried several times but got nowwhere.  It seems that you can only upload one QR code.  On my vaccination certificate there are 2. Right next to each other.

Any advice?

OK, I just created a fictitious UK travel advisory form.   It does not demand you upload the QR code, you can opt that you are unable to do so. But you do need to have paper proof of full vaccination in the UK.  What do you have?  This is what they require

• have been fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme, at least 14 whole days before the date you arrive or
  • have been fully vaccinated under a vaccination programme approved by the UK at least 14 whole days before the date you arrive and
  • possess a COVID-19 vaccination certificate (paper or digital) with all the following information on it as a minimum:
    • forename and surname(s)
    • date of birth
    • vaccine brand and manufacturer
    • date of vaccination for every dose
    • country of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

9 minutes ago, colincostello said:

I have all this. Yippee!!! Maybe I was choosing the wrong option.

To be safe(r) test the form again before the real one.  Check you are happy with what the form tells you.  My fictticious one disappeared as I did not complete the process. 

Why are you exiting Berlin so fast!?  Sorry if that is nosey!  Did you manage (if you wanted to) to regularise your German residency?  Anyway hope it all works well.

For those travelling within the EU countries, the website reopen.europa.eu has the latest entry / exit requirements by country

I got a train from Austria to Germany yesterday

I have a mask from livinguard. ionised silver impregnated, with a carbon filter

The train conductor told me I have to wear a disposable mask. I told him my mask is vastly superior to a disposable mask

Doesn't matter, these are the rules in Germany

He didn't kick me off the train

33 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

I got a train from Austria to Germany yesterday

I have a mask from livinguard. ionised silver impregnated, with a carbon filter

The train conductor told me I have to wear a disposable mask. I told him my mask is vastly superior to a disposable mask

Doesn't matter, these are the rules in Germany

He didn't kick me off the train

While it maybe superior it is not a surgical face maks which causes the confusion.  You can download a certificate of conformity from the website for future use.

37 minutes ago, bennetn said:

While it maybe superior it is not a surgical face maks which causes the confusion.  You can download a certificate of conformity from the website for future use.

You can use a FPP2 mask.  Not just surgical masks.  

13 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

You can use a FPP2 mask.  Not just surgical masks.  

The point still stands.

in reply to snowingagain , I have to return to the UK to clear the house I am going to sell. No sooner am I back in Berlin than an offer for the house is made and acepted. More stress.

11 minutes ago, bennetn said:

The point still stands.

Sure. But I am surprised MAM was challenged.  It looks just like the FFP2 masks I have.  Which have used extensively on DB.  They are also approved as reusable (I bake them) like MAMs ones. So the DB guy saying they had to be disposable was wrong.  Well, I guess not wrong, but any mask can be disposed of.  Think he was unlucky.  The only people I saw getting challenged were those with cotton ones.

On 12.10.2021, 17:40:47, colincostello said:

I have all this. Yippee!!! Maybe I was choosing the wrong option.

And good not to rely on the phone Covid vaccination apps.  The NHS App failed yesterday,  people were turned away from flights.

15 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Sure. But I am surprised MAM was challenged.  It looks just like the FFP2 masks I have.  Which have used extensively on DB.  They are also approved as reusable (I bake them) like MAMs ones. So the DB guy saying they had to be disposable was wrong.  Well, I guess not wrong, but any mask can be disposed of.  Think he was unlucky.  The only people I saw getting challenged were those with cotton ones.

It was only this one conductor on the ICE Wien->Nürnberg.

They claim it blocks 99% of incoming virus. On top of that as a self proclaimed green nut I refuse to join the disposable junk brigade. I even bring empty tea packets to be refilled. Greta would be proud, well not desperately disappointed in me

to

5 hours ago, snowingagain said:

And good not to rely on the phone Covid vaccination apps.  The NHS App failed yesterday,  people were turned away from flights.

Were people really turned away from their flights? Because some app failed?  Can you give me a link?

Why did they not print off a hard copy , just to be on the safe side?

On 10/11/2021, 5:19:45, fraufruit said:

Lesson learned.

Not really. I got on the plane without having my paperwork checked.

Maybe people less honest than myself might not bother with the paperwork next time?

https://reopen.europa.eu

That website is nothing for the faint hearted.

Oodles of legalese gobbledeygook rather than straight concise answers.

Can we not have a website where you preselect things like nationality, whether you are on 1, 2 or 3G, where you are going and whether you are going by car, train, bus, plane or whatever and it simply tells you what you need to bring.

2 hours ago, hamogles said:

https://reopen.europa.eu

That website is nothing for the faint hearted.

Oodles of legalese gobbledeygook rather than straight concise answers.

Can we not have a website where you preselect things like nationality, whether you are on 1, 2 or 3G, where you are going and whether you are going by car, train, bus, plane or whatever and it simply tells you what you need to bring.

Lufthansa offer something like that.

https://lufthansa.travel-regulations.com/?language=en&apptarget=external%20

Yes, a site that does the thinking for you instead of directing you to read more gumf and let you work it out yourself. Typical half baked EU administrative crap.

20 hours ago, optimista said:

Yes, a site that does the thinking for you instead of directing you to read more gumf and let you work it out yourself. Typical half baked EU administrative crap.

Especially gumpf that is near impossible to understand. When it mentions an exception for example it's not clear whether the exception applies to that sub section or the whole thing or something else entirely.

I wonder how many people get caught out because they misinterpreted something opaque.