Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 people refused boarding with Easyjet

41 posts in this topic

So I am back in Berlin after a long absence. I took an Eaysjer flight from Manchester to Berlin. I had to show my double vaccinated form and my pre departure form. Both were checked quite seriously. 3 passangers were not allowed to board as they did not have the pre deparure forms. They tried desperatly to do it online there and then but time ran out and the gate was closed.

So be aware that some requirements are still in place.

The advice given on Toytown has been invaluable. Many thanks to Auntie Helen and all the others.

This advice goes for any flight you take these days.  Double check all the rules for your destination.

Pre-boarding doc check at FRA on the way to YVR recently you could have heard a pin drop as a woman was told: yes, you can fly with us, but only in 24 hours after you receive a negative PCR test. 

The woman had showed up without, and was denied boarding.  For Canada, you must be fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of your Canada-bound departure time. 

1 hour ago, silty1 said:

This advice goes for any flight you take these days.  Double check all the rules for your destination.

Pre-boarding doc check at FRA on the way to YVR recently you could have heard a pin drop as a woman was told: yes, you can fly with us, but only in 24 hours after you receive a negative PCR test. 

The woman had showed up without, and was denied boarding.  For Canada, you must be fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of your Canada-bound departure time. 

Good advice for the wifully ignorant. I flew BER-CDG-YVR in July and that information was splashed all over the KLM/AF website and very clear on the Canadian government website. The poor woman who was denied boarding has only one person to blame.

There are still tech unsavvy people to whom the Internet is a distant mystery beyond their reach.

Well you're on TT so you've got one foot on the ladder. Keep going. You are making life harder than it should be by resisting progress. Go with the flow.

Recently I flew Hamburg - Amsterdam - Atlanta - Cancun. I had a PCR and a schnell test.

The only place I showed a test, and only the schnell test on the way there was HH.

On the return flight, the check in agent asked if I had a test. I opened the doc and put my phone on the counter and you could see the QR code, he did not look at the test  or pick up my phone. In Atlanta, same procedure. As I was opening it, she said, 'Hon, I just need to see the date...' So I zoomed on on the date, not my name, not positive or negative, just the date. 

2 funny Atlanta customs stories:

On my way through, the only question he asked me was, 'Dy'all got anything ya ain't sposed to have...like meat...? I responded No Sir in my best Southern accent *forrest gump. move along. On the return flight the question was Dy'all got anything to declare, like souvenirs?  No Ma'am. move along. 

27 minutes ago, tor said:

On the return flight the question was Dy'all got anything to declare, like souvenirs?  No Ma'am. move along. 

You didn‘t buy a huge sombrero which doesn‘t fit the security gates 👻?

I just booked my 2 day arrival test  This is what you have to do when you travel to England. You have to have a PCR test within 48 hours of arrival.

It cost 55 pounds but this was a reduction form 69 pounds because of the Easyjet promotion offer. You will need plenty of data such as your passport number. I am having my done at Manchester Airport where the test centre is at the train station. I want it out of the way as soon as possible. I now have a code that I can enter on the passanger locator form which I need to fill in 48 hours before my departure.

On 10/8/2021, 12:47:42, silty1 said:

I think your mileage may vary.

I was in Spain not long ago flying back to Zürich. I had checked in online, or thought I had. Only I didn't actually open the confirmation email which actually said that i was not checked in and that I had to turn up at the airport early to do that.

And as I am one of those people who hates airports, I turned up as late as humanely possible only to realize this problem.

And then panic.

I rushed to the Swiss counter only to discover the line went right out of the check-in area and around two corners. It appeared everybody wanted to be on that one flight. There was only one counter open and the person was meticulously taking his time and scanning every document, sometimes twice or three times because the scanner wasn't working very well. Several people didn't have the right paperwork and the person was doing their best to help these people, but one or two were sent away. 

Time passed and people got nervous. As this was a once a week flight, I think the airline got nervous too about having to rebook people should they miss the flight. So a second desk was opened about 20 minutes prior to departure and the person there simply said, have you got your certificate? Good, here is your boarding pass.

So ironically, people without the right paperwork who turned up early were sent home, and others who may have had incorrect paperwork but came late were nodded through.

That's the new COVID normal for you.

3 hours ago, hamogles said:

I didn't actually open the confirmation email which actually said that i was not checked in

Lesson learned.

To calm my nerves , I have just had a go at completeing the passanger locator form. Just for practice. I got a long way until it said that I cannot complete the from until 48 hours or less till boarding. But there was one difficult question.  It was to do with uplaoding a QR code. I tried several times but got nowwhere.  It seems that you can only upload one QR code.  On my vaccination certificate there are 2. Right next to each other.

Any advice?

12 minutes ago, colincostello said:

To calm my nerves , I have just had a go at completeing the passanger locator form. Just for practice. I got a long way until it said that I cannot complete the from until 48 hours or less till boarding. But there was one difficult question.  It was to do with uplaoding a QR code. I tried several times but got nowwhere.  It seems that you can only upload one QR code.  On my vaccination certificate there are 2. Right next to each other.

Any advice?

If you have two, always use the one referring to the second shot.