Filing a complaint to respective authorities

17 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I need a suggestion on where I can complain.

Situation:
When I went to get Ausbildungsnachweis from my old driving school, I was shocked. They have added only few classes(5) where I have taken 15 practical driving classes. And driving instructor name is something else. Also, duration of class is 60 minutes instead of 80 minutes which I paid for. It all looks like a fraud to me to avoid taxes. 

So my question is where and how can I report this?

3 minutes ago, optimista said:

Finanzamt ?

Thank you for the reply. I will check that. Just that my German language proficiency is not great, will have difficulties in understanding what to complain :D 

Also, does anyone know if the driving school submits the number of driving classes taken by a student to TüV or Dekra?

"Stunde" in German means an hour/sixty minutes, it can also mean a period of instruction more or less than 60 minutes. I think a Stunde at school can be 40 minutes.

Quite possibly the docs are correct, make sure before officially complaining.

3 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

"Stunde" in German means an hour/sixty minutes, it can also mean a period of instruction more or less than 60 minutes. I think a Stunde at school can be 40 minutes.

So, if you had 2 "Stunden" this could be 2x 40mins which is where your 80 mins comes from.

My evening classes are all 45mins. 

But they're called "Stunden"

Quirk of the language.

But the name if your instructor should be correct!

I'm an in-company English trainer and my "Stunden" is 45 minutes.  You need to talk to the driving school and ask them what their "Stunden" entails, it can be different to what you understand.

10 minutes ago, Tap said:

I'm an in-company English trainer and my "Stunden" is 45 minutes.

So, 15 minutes coffeebreak every hour. Great 👻.

8 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

So, 15 minutes coffeebreak every hour. Great 👻.

Funny!!!

90 minutes is the usual length of a lesson, then straight onto the next one.

Before complaining elsewhere, have you asked them to correct the details or that they explain the stated information? Might just be a clerical error. 

2 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Quite possibly the docs are correct, make sure before officially complaining.

They have mentioned 60 Minuten. So 'Stunde' cancept fails here. 

1 hour ago, emkay said:

Before complaining elsewhere, have you asked them to correct the details or that they explain the stated information? Might just be a clerical error. 

I will ask them for sure. They might update the sheet. But I am definitely sure that they have done this for all the students. I know I cant prove that. And also, I asked about the instructor name. They said its correct. Consider the instructor name is 'Alex' and on the sheet its 'Winter Danny'.

Don't they usually give you a receipt for each hour you pay for, or did you pay all at once?

Maybe Alex is his second name or Rufname, that is quite possible. You say that your German is not good. I really think you should get someone with C1+ German to check the docs for you. Complaining could get YOU into a lot of trouble.

1 hour ago, Fietsrad said:

Maybe Alex is his second name or Rufname, that is quite possible. You say that your German is not good. I really think you should get someone with C1+ German to check the docs for you. Complaining could get YOU into a lot of trouble.

I am damn sure 'Winter Danny' is not his name.  I have seen his ID with the name as well. 

3 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Don't they usually give you a receipt for each hour you pay for, or did you pay all at once?

Nah. only cash and they mark in their book if I have paid. 

4 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Complaining could get YOU into a lot of trouble.

really?  like what?

17 hours ago, MrPinBerlin said:

Also, duration of class is 60 minutes instead of 80 minutes which I paid for.

No, there is a federal bylaw according to which at driving schools a "Fahrstunde" lasts 45 min. At least it still to be like that when my kids got their license 7 years ago.

16 hours ago, MrPinBerlin said:

Also, does anyone know if the driving school submits the number of driving classes taken by a student to TüV or Dekra?

My late dad owned a driving school and in his day (i.e. the 80ies) at least, this wasn´t required.