Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

One year ago today… Noyzi the Kosovar rescue came into my life…

4 posts in this topic

Some of you might remember how, back in March 2020, I became active on Toytown Germany again because a dog my husband and I tried to adopt escaped a pet taxi and got killed on the Autobahn.  That situation ended in a lawsuit for the pet taxi driver, who was sued by the rescue we tried to adopt from.

We did end up getting our new dog, though…. He came from Kosovo.  And one year ago today, he joined our family.  I wrote a blog post about it yesterday, and I hope anyone who would like to see how far Noyzi has come will check it out.  Having him has been educational and rewarding, and every day, he shows us how happy he is to have a home.

My heart still hurts for Jonny, the dog we tried to adopt... but we did learn valuable and unforgettable lessons from that incident.  Hopefully, nothing like that will ever happen again. 

https://theovereducatedhousewife.home.blog/2021/10/03/our-noyzi-year/

Tired. About to hit the sack. Simply- bless you, babe❤️

Dogs..man, something else...

Poor Jonny, I was so upset when you lost him. I’m so glad that you gave Noyzi the chance of a good life. All the very best.

42 minutes ago, emkay said:

Poor Jonny, I was so upset when you lost him. I’m so glad that you gave Noyzi the chance of a good life. All the very best.

You were so kind to call me.  I remember your lovely accent!

That whole situation was just surreal.  If we had managed to arrange the adoption a week earlier, I don’t think we would have had that outcome, because we would have been allowed to travel to where Jonny was and bring him home ourselves.  But the day before we were approved, we were not allowed to leave the Wiesbaden area because of the pandemic, and the rescue would not hold him for us.  The pet taxi driver had been driving for 17 hours and neglected to follow her own safety protocol, which was detailed on her Web site.  The whole thing was just tragic and completely avoidable, not just for Jonny, but also for the poor folks who hit him and got their car messed up.  

Having Noyzi (named after an Albanian rapper), has been a real joy.  He has a lovely, sunny personality and he turns heads, especially when he’s with our beagle mix, Arran, who is about a third his size and four times his age!  Noyzi has finally started trusting my husband, which has been so nice to see.

On another note, I would also love to spend more time in Kranjska Gora, Slovenia, where we picked him up.  It’s a beautiful area.