Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What’s the best way to send car wheels (tyres & rims) within Germany

3 posts in this topic

Please can anyone advise what is the best reliable way to send 4 complete wheels within Germany? Is it best to use a courier directly ie DHL, Hermes etc. Or, one of the websites that offer a full service including packaging etc.  Which of these companies is best/most reliable?

Many thanks in advance. 

Just found a complete service…..packaging boxes and delivery cost.  There’s a choice of DHL Express or UPS. I’ve never used UPS, are they generally good for reliability? I could use Hermes without the discount of a complete service though have never had good experience in the past in general. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just in case this helps anyone else. I ended up using a complete service…Felgen-Kartons.de. Really easy and cost effective.  I ordered online and received sturdy packing boxes the next day. Access to the online Paket management of the chosen courier was really  easy….print labels, arrange free collection by UPS (other couriers were an option). Delivered in less than 24 hours from collection.  The price was approx 70€ for 4 complete wheels. Certainly saved us from a very long drive to take the wheels to my daughter.  I’d certainly recommend.