Who will run for US President in 2024

13 posts in this topic

Trump will be in jail by then or hiding somewhere, Biden will be senile or pushing up daises, Harris maybe but against who?

I think Governor Hogan will probably throw his hat in the ring. I really don't know if Bernie or Liz will try again either.

I can't say who will run but I expect drama fitting of a second season of "Trump and the White House".

Bigger, badder, more outrageous, more dramatic, mud slinging, pie slinging, people fighting in mud.

I am a little worried how they are going to top the season finale where people stormed the capitol though. 

I would put a dollar on Pete Buttigieg, he seems to be keeping quiet now. And perhaps another member of the Trump family if Donald is too old.

If one discounts Biden and Harris as candidates then there are no obvious ones, all the infighting about turning Biden's agenda into law has not thrown up any new names; the opposite in fact.

Meanwhile, Trump has turned his guns on Desantis who was one of the outstanding GOP candidates so increasing the speculation Trump will stand.

Trump will have to escape his legal problems to get solid voter support outside of his base.
 New York Supreme Court Justice Jennifer Schecter, has just issued an order that both parties in the Summer Zervos defamation lawsuit have a deadline of Dec. 23 to complete fact discovery and depositions so it will be interesting if Trump has to give an in-person deposition.

British interlopers from the Swiss English forum trying to wind up the Americans on the forum... yeah, right.

Don't get sucked in.

*leaves thread*

Trump will not run. 

Well, I will be surprised if he does, but people with such a big egos cannot stand losing. He was already traumatized by his loss in 2020, so will not risk it again. 

Donald is not the only Trump %)

With several years to go there must be dozens of majors, state governors etc who might want to run (or stand?). Just got to beat ones allies from the same party before taking on the enemy.

You just watch. Dump and Ivunka and it will be a landslide...

On 9/30/2021, 9:32:31, marton10 said:

The main candidates that spring to mind are Trump, Biden, and Harris.

What do you think?

Two of those have never happened though?  1. that an American president who served as President then lost reelection ran again, has that happened yet?  If not, it seems unlikely that Trump will be the first. 2. that the Vice-President of an incumbent runs against the currently governing President? 

If he manages to hold on that long, it will be Biden vs whatever patsy the Republicans can drum up.  Possibly his VP will take over for him before the end of his first term, and then run on her own in '24. But, she will not run against him, it's obvious or?

Even the idea of any of Trump's offspring running for President seems pretty far-fetched.  The Trumps are not a political dynasty like the Bushes.  They do not have a CIA Vice-President dad who keeps making his sons be governors and presidents of stuff.  Trump is a lucky but unskilled businessman who put his kids and in-laws in positions they weren't qualified for and lost a lot of respect for it even among his own ranks.  If he hadn't shown such bad judgment in putting his daughter and her husband in key roles in his government, he might have won a second term.

Biden will run unless he is not fit--normal, or?--in which case Harris will run, and who knows what the conservatives will dig up to run against him or her.  It is probably better for continuation of foreign policy not to have two one-term Presidencies after each other.  I don't think the Party in the White House will change in '24. The Democrats have also not had a one-term President in over 40 years.