Dual Citizenship British/German Passport

14 posts in this topic

I'm hoping someone can help!? so stressful!  It's well over the time limit for getting Duel  Britsh/German citizenship, but because I applied before Brexit, the Landratsamt said I'm still eligible for Dual Citizenship, British/german,

Finally have everything B1 and Einburgerung etc, but need to get my Birth certificate legally translated, which seems easy but may not be!  Years ago  I changed my first name to  nicer name by deed poll years ago,. ( so on my Passport is my "new" name but still kept my Birth name as my middle name also on there is a confirmation name!.

Anyway, I have the certified Deedpoll but not sure if it's a copy, I don't even see a stamp?? apostle?  on it, just a lengthy written form a witness signature. a signature from what must be the solicitor and my old and new signature.

It's a legal document in the UK will it be recognised here when I get it legally translated?

really grateful if anyone can help with this stressful situation!! ;) I need to get this sent off

Have you spoke to the people dealing with your case to check what hey need or will accept?

You'll have to provide what they ask for (in most cases anyway) so best check with them.  

Yes they said they need my Birth certificate translated, which I assumed I would have to get the Deed poll legally translated., for example, They will wonder why the name Emma is on my Birth. certificate and Shannon  Emma is written on my passport.?

Thanks for replying

I'd call and ask about the deed poll document. When I went though all this they wanted a translation of a BC with an apostila on it.

No point in getting the deed poll document translated if they either do not want it or it doesn't fulfill their requirements. Alternatively, get it translated, submit it, it maybe enough.

I've been though the citizenship thing and the residence permit thing, my experience was that how this all goes depends very much on the person dealing with your request.

I m worried if I mentioned it, she'll most definitely ( cos they don't exist here) want the deed poll document with an Apostille. but maybe if i just got it translated it will be ok.

The document itself looks really cheap ( because it was cheap,) but only just noticed it also has 2 mistakes, at one point, a letter missing from my name, then it says "on this day"..but there is no date for the day... just the year

I've sent it together with the BC to be translated. 

This all should have been handed in by tomorrow the 1 .10, but she has given me a bit more time to get the translation done. 

this is so ridiculously stressful I didnt even know there were deed polls with or without Apostilles 

Thanks so much for helping cb6dba

6 hours ago, cb6dba said:

I'd call and ask about the deed poll document. When I went though all this they wanted a translation of a BC with an apostila on it.

No point in getting the deed poll document translated if they either do not want it or it doesn't fulfill their requirements. Alternatively, get it translated, submit it, it maybe enough.

I've been though the citizenship thing and the residence permit thing, my experience was that how this all goes depends very much on the person dealing with your request.

If you changed the surname you were born with via DP, did they still resurrect it and put it back on your personalausweis in addition to your changed name (even when you asked them not to)?

It would seem a bit ridiculous if you're allowed to change your name to make it more German, but they still insist on putting the non-german name on your personalausweis in the geburtsname field after you dropped it on your british passport.

I mean, then you'd have a DE and UK passport that wouldn't exactly match.

12 hours ago, shannon said:

I m worried if I mentioned it, she'll most definitely ( cos they don't exist here) want the deed poll document with an Apostille. but maybe if i just got it translated it will be ok.

The document itself looks really cheap ( because it was cheap,) but only just noticed it also has 2 mistakes, at one point, a letter missing from my name, then it says "on this day"..but there is no date for the day... just the year

I've sent it together with the BC to be translated. 

This all should have been handed in by tomorrow the 1 .10, but she has given me a bit more time to get the translation done. 

this is so ridiculously stressful I didnt even know there were deed polls with or without Apostilles 

Thanks so much for helping cb6dba

If there are mistakes on the DP i'd suggest trying to get a one one with those corrected if it is possible.

A cheap looking DP with mistakes may flag this all up fraud..

I once had a friend who always used "duel" when talking about this kind of subject. I tried to tell him the correct spelling but he said I was wrong and if I kept on correcting him, we'd have to meet up and settle our differences like men...

I once had a friend who always used "duel" when talking about this kind of subject. I tried to tell him the correct spelling but he said I was wrong and if I kept on correcting him, we'd have to meet up and settle our differences like men...

By dualing ?

25 minutes ago, Marianne013 said:

By dualing ?

I did get the feeling there was something tandem about the situation...

It´s one of those there,their,they´re type of words.

Perhaps you should slap your friends face with your leather gloves and whip out your sword then say "En Garde" .

3 hours ago, Keleth said:

Perhaps you should slap your friends face with your leather gloves and whip out your sword then say "En Garde" .

You know what, I think that may be what he meant by setting our differences like men :lol:

Leather? Not a chance, I'll bring my gauntlet..  

5 hours ago, Keleth said:

😂

True- but it's spelt en garde!! And then slap each other about!

How did this end up? After reading through the thread I am very interested. Hope it worked out.