CovPas app when travelling to the UK

42 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I am fairly sure when you  indicate you are fully vaccinated on the UK passenger locator form it specifically asks which vaccine you were given in in the case of AZ and Pfizer the dates of both jabs and you will need the 2 certificates to confirm it at departure. From what you have said neither you or your family can complete this part of the form, regardless of what it says on the app/certificates, so it looks very much like you will all have to quarantine and pay in advance for the 2 & 8 day tests.

 

Thanks for the reply - that is extremely useful - fortunately my daughter is under 18 so looks like she escapes the extra test and quarantine, but I'm aware I'll need to succumb! Will be trying to get day 5 test-to-release in order to do at least a few things whilst over there. Thanks again for helping.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but you have been repeating the same thing for ages.  You know you are not regarded as fully vaccinated in the UK, but you keep coming back with the same thing.  Again and again.

 

You are insisting that the CovApp states your wife and child have been vaccinated twice.  I do not believe you.  Give us a screen shot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Sorry, but you have been repeating the same thing for ages.  You know you are not regarded as fully vaccinated in the UK, but you keep coming back with the same thing.  Again and again.

 

You are insisting that the CovApp states your wife and child have been vaccinated twice.  I do not believe you.  Give us a screen shot.

I have been trying to reply to the questions and replies and clarify my question. If that came across as repeating myself, I didn't make myself clear and I apologise. It is I guess a fairly technical detail that I'm digging into, and it probably isn't of much interest to many. I didn't state that it said they had been vaccinated twice. Again, probably me not making myself clear - it is simply that I wondered why the single certificate I had seemed to imply I only needed one shot and had had that one, whilst my wife and daughter had a single certificate that showed a full dose was two that they had two even though they had had one. It looks like it is probably different ways of presenting the same thing - that we are considered fully vaccinated. I'll see if I can get you a screen shot if you are still interested.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The App will show you are fully vaccinated if you have the necessary vaccinations to be considered fully vaccinated or are recovered and have one vaccination, which is considered fully vaccinated in DE.

 

I had the J&J vaccine, which only needs 1 shot. If I open the CovPass App it shows the QR code with 'Fully vaccinated' above the QR code and my name below the QR code. If I click on Display Certificate (you need to scroll down slightly to see this) it shows my name, DoB and also mentions I am fully vaccinated. If I scroll down this screen it shows the EU Certificate and says 'Vaccine dose 1 of 1' and you can click on this, which takes you to yet another screen where it shows the vaccine details (in my case Janssen)

Is this the same on your App? Do you think people at the airport are going to check your QR code, ask you to scroll down, click on 'Display Certificate' and scroll down again until it shows how many vaccinations you had and then click through to a 3rd screen where it displays the vaccine manufacturer?

 

They will just check the first screen with the QR code on it and ensure that the name underneath is the same name on your passport. This is no different if go to a country that needs a visa to enter it. Before you get on the plane, they check you have a visa, the dates of the visa to make sure it hasn't expired and that the name on the visa matches that of the passport.

 

An (English) friend of mine lives in Portugal and he has flown between Faro and the UK several times over the last few months and his details are checked before he gets on the plane but quite a few times he has got to the other end (both the UK and Portugal) and there is no-one there to check his vaccination details, passenger location form, etc. They do the more strict tests at the airport you are departing from as it is the airline that will responsible for flying you back if you don't have the necessary requirements to enter the destination country.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, optimista said:

So was it Janssen?

The vaccination I had was AstraZeneca, my wife and daughter something else (I don't remember what right now)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, warsteiner70 said:

...

I had the J&J vaccine, which only needs 1 shot. If I open the CovPass App it shows the QR code with 'Fully vaccinated' above the QR code and my name below the QR code. If I click on Display Certificate (you need to scroll down slightly to see this) it shows my name, DoB and also mentions I am fully vaccinated. If I scroll down this screen it shows the EU Certificate and says 'Vaccine dose 1 of 1' and you can click on this, which takes you to yet another screen where it shows the vaccine details (in my case Janssen)

Is this the same on your App? Do you think people at the airport are going to check your QR code, ask you to scroll down, click on 'Display Certificate' and scroll down again until it shows how many vaccinations you had and then click through to a ...

Thank you - yes it is the same on my app - that is where I was seeing the details I was quoting above, 1 of 1 (me)  or 2 of 2 (wife and daughter) - mine was Astra, theirs I think Moderna, but I'd have to double check. I suspected that no one would dig into the details as you suggest - but from a previous poster it seems I would have to lie on the passenger locator form to get to that point which I don't feel is the right thing to do. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lying isn't ideal and the penalties for breaking quarantine can be harsh but I suppose it depends what it asks on the Passenger location form. I haven't seen one so can't be sure but if just saying something like 'are you fully vaccinated' then you can answer 'yes' as you have been. If it specifies fully vaccinated as being 2 jabs of AZ/Moderna/BionTech or 1 jab of J&J then saying 'yes' would be lying.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

Lying isn't ideal and the penalties for breaking quarantine can be harsh but I suppose it depends what it asks on the Passenger location form. I haven't seen one so can't be sure but if just saying something like 'are you fully vaccinated' then you can answer 'yes' as you have been. If it specifies fully vaccinated as being 2 jabs of AZ/Moderna/BionTech or 1 jab of J&J then saying 'yes' would be lying.

 

Not by the UK definition you cannot.  They have a their own definition of what is fully vaccinated and it's up to the person creating the form to find out what that is from the links they provide.

 

For reference https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england

What counts as fully vaccinated

You may not be considered to be fully vaccinated for the purpose of entering the UK even if you’re considered to be fully vaccinated in your country of origin.

In the UK, ‘fully vaccinated’ means you’ve had either:

  • 2 doses of an approved 2 dose vaccine (such as Pfizer or AstraZeneca)
  • one dose of an approved single dose vaccine (such as Janssen)

You must have had your final dose at least 14 whole days before you arrive in England. The day you had your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days.

2 dose vaccines

If you were vaccinated with a 2 dose vaccine (such as Moderna or Pfizer) you must have had both doses to be considered fully vaccinated. This applies in all cases, even if you have recently recovered from COVID-19 and have natural immunity. Those who have had COVID-19 and have only had one dose of a 2 dose vaccine must follow the rules for unvaccinated arrivals.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly they are incapable of writing unambiguous, clear English on the government website. It went from having to have two of the same vaccine a week ago - from the country that invented mix'n'max vax - to expanding that a few days later to include mix'n'match, as long as you had two doses of something, anything. Now we seem to be back to something less explicit that could be open to interpretation, i.e. "only one dose of a two dose vaccine..." or is that not the latest? Anyway, piss-ups and breweries. Just for a change.

 

Good luck to the OP with the journey and whatever ensues.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, optimista said:

Now we seem to be back to something less explicit that could be open to interpretation, i.e. "only one dose of a two dose vaccine..." or is that not the latest?

 

What do you see in the complete sentence that is anyway open to interpretation???

Quote:-

Those who have had COVID-19 and have only had one dose of a 2 dose vaccine must follow the rules for unvaccinated arrivals.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not clear if two doses of different stuff is valid. Maybe you missed the first effort a week ago where it stated plainly that the two doses had to be of the same vaccine. So a dose of astra followed by a dose of pfizer was deemed invalid. Yes really. Then it changed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, optimista said:

It is not clear if two doses of different stuff is valid.

Looks pretty clear to me Pfizer, AZ and Moderna are all 2 dose vaccines even if you have had one of each you will still only have had 1 dose of a 2 dose vaccine. Also it has been well known since the first hint that mixing vaccines was a possibility that it was unlikely that it would be considered as fully vaccinated for international travel.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, optimista said:

It is not clear if two doses of different stuff is valid. Maybe you missed the first effort a week ago where it stated plainly that the two doses had to be of the same vaccine. So a dose of astra followed by a dose of pfizer was deemed invalid. Yes really. Then it changed.

 

9 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Looks pretty clear to me Pfizer, AZ and Moderna are all 2 dose vaccines even if you have had one of each you will still only have had 1 dose of a 2 dose vaccine. Also it has been well known since the first hint that mixing vaccines was a possibility that it was unlikely that it would be considered as fully vaccinated for international travel.

 

 

Clear as mud their website is shite.  However if you go to

Travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

 

and then scroll down to the bit that says

 

Changes to international travel rules

From 4am Monday 4 October 2021, the rules for international travel to England will change.

and click on that link it takes you to

 

 

Red, amber, green lists: check the rules for travel to England from abroad - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

 

and when you scroll down on that it says

 

"You must have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England.

Where 2 doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you will be able to:

  • mix 2 different types of vaccine, for example Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna
  • have the 2 vaccinations under 2 different approved programmes, for example Australia and Japan, UK and USA, EU and Canada

Until 4 October, mixed vaccines are only permitted if you are vaccinated under the UK, Europe, USA or UK overseas vaccination programme."

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Clear as mud their website is shite...

Yep.

Thank you for the snow. A source of indirect illumination in the darker, colder places of our orb.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They added that bit about mixed vaccines.  It had been in early advice, and they forgot that bit at first.  Bunged in now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. I saw it change over night. Somebody must have scratched their head and had a rethink. No doubt following a lot of complaints.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, optimista said:

Yes. I saw it change over night. Somebody must have scratched their head and had a rethink. No doubt following a lot of complaints.

 

Though the real test of the pudding will be if those who do the checks have been advised/informed of the changes.:rolleyes:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now