BREXIT positives and negatives

1,975 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2022, 3:36:31, RenegadeFurther said:

Do you know how many people were banned for debating with you?

I believe he was referring to Murphah, not me, but who cares?

9 hours ago, Elljay said:

So how many people were banned for debating with fraufruit? Or time outed. Could it have been not because it was with fraufruit but because the posts were nasty? Just asking:).

They´re talking about @murphaph not FF.

I can imagine a few people were banned because of "debating" with him.There was a lot of shit,insulting flying around from both sides.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

I can imagine a few people were banned because of "debating" with him.

I think most on here know @murphaph and I have had some, shall we say robust exchanges on our differences of opinion not so much on brexit but the British/Irish relationship and history however I have yet to be banned or warned.

That sign does not appear to be directed only to tourists.

If I enter DE from the UK I have a (DE) resident's permit but not a return ticket - cos I live 'ere.

Nor do I have a hotel reservation!

Right. Then you use that. The sign is for tourists.

I go to the EU passport line because I have permanent residency but an Ami passport.

I guess the Germans expect residents here with British nationality to know the rules as they apply to them and to simply ignore the sign as a German or other EU national would. The sign is for tourists. Still though, somehow sobering for many seeing that for the first time I'm sure, especially the ones that voted for it while thinking freedom of movement would only end in one direction.

9 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I guess the Germans expect residents here with British nationality to know the rules as they apply to them and to simply ignore the sign as a German or other EU national would. The sign is for tourists. Still though, somehow sobering for many seeing that for the first time I'm sure, especially the ones that voted for it while thinking freedom of movement would only end in one direction.

I agree entirely, expected it all.  I now have permission to stay until 2026.  I have been here 25 years.  From what I have read it should be unlimited.  But whatever.  Unfortunately still not found birth record for my Irish grandfather.  My children all fine as have Irish passports via their father.

18 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

I agree entirely, expected it all.  I now have permission to stay until 2026.  I have been here 25 years.  From what I have read it should be unlimited.  But whatever.  Unfortunately still not found birth record for my Irish grandfather.  My children all fine as have Irish passports via their father.

Well, I got 5 years ( not gaol sentence!!) but that's because my passport expires then. So will have to  renew the passport - would have to anyway.

A good friend of mine, a Brit , married to a German and with child, with a mortgage, been here quite a few years-- was recently granted 9 months! But that's because his passport expires then.

Snowingagain- I wouldn't worry. Your right of residence is unlimited, I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I go to the EU passport line because I have permanent residency but an Ami passport.

Fascinating!  I did not ever think I could go in the Schengen passport line sans  passport even though I reside in the EU.  Flying from ZRH to Yerevan on Friday and back again through Athens.  I'm gonna ask if I can do that.

53 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

As you know, I fly to and from Crete ( Greece ) to Hamburg and have to show my passport at the check in desk at the airport in both countries. I have not yet had to go through the stress of a Third Country passport line. It will happen at some stage.

I haven't been outside the EU for ages.

1 minute ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Fascinating!  I did not ever think I could go in the EU passport line sans EU passport even though I reside in the EU.  Flying from ZRH to Yerevan on Friday.  I'm gonna ask if I can do that.

I don't know who you would ask. I just do it. Get a pair. :lol:

1 minute ago, john g. said:

As you know, I fly to and from Crete ( Greece ) to Hamburg and have to show my passport at the check in desk at the airport in both countries. I have not yet had to go through the stress of a Third Country passport line. It will happen at some stage.

I routinely fly internationally and never have stress in the 3rd country passport line.

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

try  gov.ie - Apply for birth, death, marriage, adoption, civil partnership and stillbirth certificates (www.gov.ie)

3 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I routinely fly internationally and never have stress in the 3rd country passport line.

Well, don’t fly to Nigeria then 😆.

14 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Tourists don't have residence permits.

British tourists also don't have visas. But I bet the sign causes a lot of them to panic.