BREXIT positives and negatives

1,964 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

I think I might have called you a knob once.

Anyone else making that comment would been banned or given a timeout.

Sorry, I don´t know any moderators.

3 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Anyone else making that comment would been banned or given a timeout.

Sorry, I don´t know any moderators.

They know you. That's why you've had multiple timeouts.

I've never had one.

I remember about 15 years ago or longer- I got banned for a week or so. I had joked " who is manning the watchtower tonight?" when a post of mine was " moderated ". I had complained about lack of democracy or something on here.

Basically: people try to ban other people's views when they disagree with them. Otherwise, upvotes or whatever.

And some people would love others to be banned because they have different views. Or a bad moment that day or a drink or two.

Humans...

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

They know you. That's why you've had multiple timeouts.

I've never had one.

Fruity,  maybe you should try telling a joke. If my memory serves me well, certain people on here had no sense of humour or tolerance.

You could tell a joke, but only if it wasn't aimed at them, or their kind.

That seems to be the thing that the whole world is up in arms about these days.

Comics telling jokes in clubs have had a visit from the Police, after a member of the audience complained that they had been offended.

Whereas burglaries, robbery and the like, don't seem to matter.

Funny old world ...

12 hours ago, john g. said:

Basically: people try to ban other people's views when they disagree with them. Otherwise, upvotes or whatever.

And some people would love others to be banned because they have different views. Or a bad moment that day or a drink or two.

I would agree with you with the exception that the lack of any current moderation here, as far as I can tell, has resulted in some threads having posts containing media and text copied from sources that have already been banned on twitter and facebook etc for being down right lies and deliberate misinformation, not other peoples views

12 hours ago, john g. said:

I remember about 15 years ago or longer- I got banned for a week or so. I had joked " who is manning the watchtower tonight?" when a post of mine was " moderated ". I had complained about lack of democracy or something on here.

Only time I got banned was for calling someone a c**t.I was right though.

A couple of days later an ex poster on here post a jpeg with the N word in it.I said I get banned for calling someone a c**t but that jpeg is ok.

Got a personal message from a mod saying they´d left his post up because they were hoping that would make them learn from it and that I was guilty of modshitting /shrug.

13 hours ago, john g. said:

The only person I´ve ever wanted to see banned is J2 because he was one evil screwed-up man posting at times dangerous shit.

Most of those people with strange views it is best to let them post because they expose themselves as the true morons they are and end up just being a laughing stock. Look at our visitor in this thread and MrBear as examples.

11 hours ago, hooperski said:

Fruity,  maybe you should try telling a joke. If my memory serves me well, certain people on here had no sense of humour or tolerance.

You could tell a joke, but only if it wasn't aimed at them, or their kind.

That seems to be the thing that the whole world is up in arms about these days.

Ah at the moment the hot topic is the trans debate.

My personal view is I couldn´t give a fuck if someone wants to be called a woman, it´s their lives. The only thing I do disagree with is that trans men should be allowed to participate in women's sports.

If a woman is not happy with a trans man wanting to be called a woman then that is her right to not be happy with it, it doesn´t mean they´re bigoted or evil.

We´ve seen the consequences of death threats against someone who says something someone doesn´t agree with with

Salman Rushdie, yet there are people out there who are defending the death threats against JK Rowling because of her views,they´re apparently ok because Rushdie spoke against a religion and Rowling spoke against a group of people.

11 hours ago, hooperski said:

Comics telling jokes in clubs have had a visit from the Police, after a member of the audience complained that they had been offended.

Jerry Sadowitz got his show cancelled because 1 member of the audience complained because he got his dick out.

Sadowitz is a real dark comedian and you don´t go and see him if you´re easily offended.

His whole act is to get you offended and thinking and then laughing and he is also an amazing magician.

17 hours ago, murphaph said:

Don't give it if you can't take it ;-)

You can only give it with the mods covering your back.

Do you know how many people were banned for debating with you?

Guys, let Rennie scream.

He lives in his own little world, with his own little beliefs and dare I say projections.

IMHO his health issues didn't get any better from that, either.

There are TTers who attempted to help him, and he turned on them.

(Just like he will jump on me now for posting this and call me every name the book - only I won't see it because he's firmly back on ignore. Heh. :) )

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

I don`t use this group much, but since you asked via the PM system.

So people told you they were banned. You don´t actually know.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

So people told you they were banned. You don´t actually know.

with screenshots.

I also shared my screenshots.

The time you are banned is also shown on the screenshot.

So how many people were banned for debating with fraufruit? Or time outed. Could it have been not because it was with fraufruit but because the posts were nasty? Just asking:).