BREXIT positives and negatives

1,347 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I can´t believe someone actually made a video of this...

And they want  you to subscribe to their channel!😂

Appalling mistake on the back of the envelope:

( bla bla ) will Give (sic ) you ( bla bla)😂.

You can't get the staff!!!

In real life it definitely looks black to me. I was standing beside a gentleman from Northern Ireland at Berlin airport immigration on Sunday evening and saw it. It looks black from more than 3 feet away. The chap was argumentative with the Bundespolizei when they started asking him his business in Germany and how long he intended to stay. He is almost certainly entitled to an Irish passport but I guess his black passport is more important to him than getting a grilling from immigration. I wonder if they let him in in the end...

2 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

Not to worry. The plebs will be grateful they can trust in a man with greater educational background and esoteric understanding to care for their interests. 

Well, well, well. Mr Chuzzlewit will be most pleased to have such a fine figure of a man as Mr Rees Mogg in such a prestigious position. As for Bob Cratchit, I am sure he'll know what is good for him and that is the venerable Mr Rees Mogg making decisions as befits his esteemed position as Bullshitter and selfish Bastard Extraordinaire. The only fly in the ointment will be Mr Micawber who may expose Mr Rees Mogg for the twat he is. But hey ho no Dickensian novel is complete without some obnoxious character in the background somewhere.

On 31/01/2022, 18:22:30, alexunterwegs said:

What I couldn't understand about them, is how Brexit could possibly be in the interests of any British national living in Europe.  I can perhaps understand someone who has never set foot beyond the port of Dover, has all their holidays in Blackpool or Jersey, not seeing many direct benefits from the EU in their lives. But not someone whose life is based in mainland Europe.

Even for those who had all their rights to live or work here tied up well before Brexit, they will surely retain ties to the UK. Virtually every Brexit measure is designed to make life more awkward, from receiving and sending packages, cost of phone calls, getting a mortgage, keeping a bank account in the UK. Even if none of that were a problem, there's the simple fact UK nationals have to queue up at the border in the Other Third Countries queue, where all the difficult questions get asked. In fact, here in Germany, so many things get divided into EU and non-EU, where non-EU generally means second class. 

Makes you wonder if some of those Brexit fans on here were all genuinely living in Europe.     

I don't think you will find too many Brits who were living in the EU would have voted to leave. Many feel victims of this whole affair.

I think people were shocked by the outcome, especially as it was soo close.

I also don't think most people understood the implications of voting to leave.

Something that fundamental should not have been decided by a few percent one way or another. 

Right up until Britain finally left, it was not at all clear what would happen to those living abroad.

Brussels could have created and offered an EU passport, much like the EU blue card, meaning nothing changed for those who lived here.

Instead we had 27 countries all making it up as they went along.

As for EU people living in the UK I at least hope they had one scheme, not one for Scotland, one for Wales, one for England and another one for Northern Ireland.

6 hours ago, scook17 said:

I also don't think most people understood the implications of voting to leave.

... 27 countries all making it up as they went along.

Spot on.

I don t think anyone at all had a complete overview if the complexity of 40 years of contracts, deals and roolz-making. Least of all journalists and politicians whose job it was to educate and promote public debate. Sound-bites on buses... total failure. How could anyone form an opinion based on that ?

But Europe is an unmanageable mastodont. And in trouble. And won t improve. 

Is there any part of the current UK Gov't that can be called a positive let alone a Brexit positive?

53 minutes ago, French bean said:

Is there any part of the current UK Gov't that can be called a positive let alone a Brexit positive?

Well at least the government can organise a party :D

59 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Well at least the government can organise a party :D

They clearly can't. It's always BYOB, and people can't even they're not work events.

Brexit can really only be described as a stinking pile of excrement when getting the HGV delays at the actual border (not including the wait in the stinking lorry park beforehand) down to a "mere" 4 hours is touted as some kind of positive. It's like saying "well, yesterday I shit my pants 3 times and only twice today, go me!"

8 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Brexit can really only be described as a stinking pile of excrement when getting the HGV delays at the actual border (not including the wait in the stinking lorry park beforehand) down to a "mere" 4 hours is touted as some kind of positive. It's like saying "well, yesterday I shit my pants 3 times and only twice today, go me!"

Hehe.

1 hour ago, Eric7 said:

They had one job! :lol:
The bumbling imbeciles couldn't even click the correct check box on the order forms.

To be fair, given the color of her soul, Priti Patel likely perceives everything as black.

To see the correct colour of the new "blue" passports and most things post brexit, it is best to view them through rose tinted glasses!:)

Latest is that the esteemed Minister of Brexit Propaganda (oops sorry Opportunities) wants Sun readers (yes, man of the people) to write to him telling which old EU regulations they'd like to see abolished.   

But why is it so difficult to come up with his own list? Surely examples must be all too obvious for him, especially having gone to the trouble of setting up a ministry for the purpose. 

You'd think there was nothing important for the UK Government to be doing, like Corona, or the Ukranian conflict. Perfect example of how they are prepared to waste taxpayers money trying to prove their ideological point about EU bureaucracy when its obvious bureaucracy has increased due to UK leaving the Single Market. 

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/APelCzMQ5hCfYgU9mQo9GAxsH3w

But that's the issue, they got Brexit but they didn't actually do any homework as to what it is they wanted from Brexit - apart from keeping their dodgy tax avoiding off shore accounts secret. As for asking the Sun readers, the majority are your classic working man, not too bright, not too well educated and will believe what their told by the Sun incidentally owned by Murdoch who has close links with the Tories.