BREXIT positives and negatives

1,347 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, john_b said:

Meanwhile, it seems Brexit Minister Lord Frost has resigned :lol:

Now is that a positive or negative?

Wow! That's a cause for celebration. I see Frost was CEO of the Scotch Whisky Association so maybe I'll have one on him.  

4 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

Wow! That's a cause for celebration. I see Frost was CEO of the Scotch Whisky Association so maybe I'll have one on him.  

20 hours ago, john_b said:

Meanwhile, it seems Brexit Minister Lord Frost has resigned :lol:

Now is that a positive or negative?

To be replaced by Liz Truss:(.  Oh well, I suppose we have to be grateful it isn't Rees-Mogg. Would be nice if she's as flexible negotiating with the EU as with Australia, but I somehow doubt it. 

Rees Mogg is clever, he's in the background pulling the strings. He's not going to soil his reputation by getting caught up in the nitty gritty. That's why he's so dangerous.

5 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

As a friend pointed out, Frost is basically an unprincipled chancer who fancied a peerage

269601758_7030310916979809_4031505608292437365_n.jpg

3 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

To be replaced by Liz Truss:(.  Oh well, I suppose we have to be grateful it isn't Rees-Mogg. Would be nice if she's as flexible negotiating with the EU as with Australia, but I somehow doubt it. 

Well fancy that!

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 00.00.15.jpg

Every single time Brexit makes contact with reality it goes up in a puff of smoke. How many Brexit ministers has this and the last 3 British governments burned through?

14 hours ago, john_b said:

Well fancy that!

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 00.00.15.jpg

I really hate to say this but couldn´t this actually be an example of an MP going against her personal feelings and doing what the democratically elected should do and doing what the voters want.

Let´s not forget this is a Tory party govt and not a Brexit party govt.

Whether I actually believe what I just wrote is another matter entirely.

5 hours ago, Keleth said:

I really hate to say this but couldn´t this actually be an example of an MP going against her personal feelings and doing what the democratically elected should do and doing what the voters want.

Let´s not forget this is a Tory party govt and not a Brexit party govt.

Whether I actually believe what I just wrote is another matter entirely.

who knows? Maybe Jon Worth has a point too…

8EFDC395-A893-4C57-8E39-E4CB3F7FCD45.png

4 hours ago, john_b said:

Either that or it is a remainer who can't accept the fact that the vote was lost turning on another remainer who is living with and working on the result!

43 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Well being a remainer does not automatically mean you are competent at your job.;)

Yet still the better candidate that any leaver :lol:

Either no leaver MPs want the job or they are not qualified for it.

Either way it says a lot about the leave camp :blink:

I'm not expecting any miracles from her, like getting the UK back into the Single Market, as Rees-Mogg and the other hardcore wackos would never allow that. But if she could just repair some of the PR damage to the UK from Frost's disastrous stint in charge, that would be something.  Then hopefully the UK won't have to wait too long before getting rid of her and the rest of the shower.  

On 20/12/2021, 21:15:02, john_b said:

Or mabye he´s just a knobhead?

Seriously,do people only want political parties where every member of that party agree on exactly the same thing?

FFS Liz Truss is a hypocritical sour old witch or whatever but her taking that position does not make her a hypocrite,many others things she has said and done does but not this.

She is already saying that her position on A16 is the same as Frost's. It's getting rather tiring dealing with this UK government that signs of to things it then disavows a few weeks or months later.