BREXIT positives and negatives

996 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Oh dear further nonsense or are you just piking fun at me? :lol:

What, you not happy with a discussion you started? You started it, it's amazing how far you'll go to get away or divert from criticism of the UK government.

Must be terrible to be hard hit by that kind of thing at the moment though. 

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

What, you not happy with a discussion you started? You started it, it's amazing how far you'll go to get away or divert from criticism of the UK government.

On 22/11/2021, 15:55:40, keith2011 said:

Given that most here ignore anything that does not show the the UK is  swimming in s#*t and jump on anyone who might point out all is so bad, that is hardly surprising. Many comments here are reminiscent of the Daily Mail brexit campaign but in reverse.

Exactly how does that divert criticism away from the UK government. You are just dogging a hile for yourself in trying and failing to make me out to be a supporter of the current or any UK Tory government!

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

Exactly how does that divert criticism away from the UK government. You are just dogging a hile for yourself in trying and failing to make me out to be a supporter of the current or any UK Tory government!

It diverts attention here on TT as you started talking about the post, rather than the content.

Standard strawman/diversion tactic. As is picking a selection of quotes while leaving out the others and their context.

I'd guess you wanted me to focus more on what you said about my post (which is why you are still adding typos to your posts), nice try though.

You complain that people ignore the positive stuff and do your best to attack the post saying that we have asked for examples and nothing was delivered (while not actually bothering to list anything yourself). 

Oh, extra bonus strawman, saying I am trying to make you out to be a conservative supporter, I didn't. I said you didn't like to see criticism of the UK or the UK government. 

Feel free to not be like others (as you see them) and post stuff that doesn't show the UK swimming in shit. I'm sure people will have an opinion on what you post. 

6 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

It diverts attention here on TT as you started talking about the post, rather than the content.

Standard strawman/diversion tactic.

You are describing your own posts and your classic diversion of linking anything that does not support you opinion of  "the UK swimming in shit" to be some form of support or diverting criticism from the UK government which unless things have changed is still Tory.

2 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

You are describing your own posts and your classic diversion of linking anything that does not support you opinion of  "the UK swimming in shit" to be some form of support or diverting criticism from the UK government which unless things have changed is still Tory.

No, if defiantly your tactic as you started this conversation.   

Linking anything? I have never said the UK is swimming in shit, although that would be a strawman wouldn't it. Accusing me of holding a certain view with the goal of having me defend myself or that view. Again, nice try. 

The UK swimming in shit is factually false as the UK is a country (ok, an island as well) and doesn't swim, it is part of the earth's crust and as such, could be said to float. On magma, not shit. If the mantle was made up of shit the whole physics of the planet could change.

I have to say, this has taken a different turn than I expected, you're taken us from brexit to plate tectonics. I'm not sure how this would change things, the iron core would still be in the middle but maybe the crust would sink. No swimming then. Maybe that's where the smell comes from in summer? I always though it was just a lack or water in the drains.

Before this gets out of hand, try to understand that Jupiter and Saturn are brown due to the gases that make them up, they are not swimming in anything.

31 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

I have to say, this has taken a different turn than I expected, you're taken us from brexit to plate tectonics. I'm not sure how this would change things, the iron core would still be in the middle but maybe the crust would sink. No swimming then. Maybe that's where the smell comes from in summer? I always though it was just a lack or water in the drains.

Before this gets out of hand, try to understand that Jupiter and Saturn are brown due to the gases that make them up, they are not swimming in anything.

I have taken us from brexit to plate tectonics???

No you have in one of your typical nonsense rants.

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

You complain that people ignore the positive stuff and do your best to attack the post saying that we have asked for examples and nothing was delivered (while not actually bothering to list anything yourself). 

You must know I am not a brexiteer yet you have challenged me to list any positives but ignore the fact that I wrote several even handed (imho) posts in this thread on the recent  improvements in the wages of UK workers following brexit and the end of FOM and the general problems for Western EU countries caused by FOM.

1 minute ago, keith2011 said:

I have taken us from brexit to plate tectonics???

No you have in one of your typical nonsense rants.

You must know I am not a brexiteer yet you have challenged me to list any positives but ignore the fact that I wrote several even handed (imho) posts in this thread on the recent  improvements in the wages of UK workers following brexit and the end of FOM and the general problems for Western EU countries caused by FOM.

No, you mentioned swimming in shit, I just used a very extreme topic from there to drag things back on topic.

Which has worked, why you didn't point out that you had already posted some brexit positives somewhere in the 37 pages here (or on one of the other 200+ page topics that were removed) instead of dragging us off topic,) only you will ever know.

Maybe it was personal, maybe you feel I've embarrassed you in the past, maybe you had an off day, we're back on topic now.

Having said that, I'm guessing people have already discussed those positives you mentioned, we'll have to wait until more come in.

19 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

No, you mentioned swimming in shit, I just used a very extreme topic from there to drag things back on topic.

Which has worked, why you didn't point out that you had already posted some brexit positives somewhere in the 37 pages here (or on one of the other 200+ page topics that were removed) instead of dragging us off topic,) only you will ever know.

Maybe it was personal, maybe you feel I've embarrassed you in the past, maybe you had an off day, we're back on topic now.

Having said that, I'm guessing people have already discussed those positives you mentioned, we'll have to wait until more come in.

You are really squirming now, trying any artifice to get out of admitting to the stupidity of the nonsense you write.

Just now, keith2011 said:

You are really squirming now, trying any artifice to get out of admitting to the stupidity of the nonsense you write.

And the next attempt to go off topic.

Hook, line and sinker, ball spiked, laid bare for all to see, the book is open.

I don't know what I said in the past to annoy you, but I'm glad I did if it has had this effect. If I knew what it was and who I said it to, I'd say it more often. It must have been in answer to some major BS and left someone with some serious egg on their face to get this reaction.

Please do continue, TT loves smoldering annoyance and attempts to get pay back. It's how we work out who is who and that heat gets the popcorn ready.

Oh, the road, it forks, destination brexit or destination "I've went my pants in anger in the direction of off topic".

Which one will it be, the excitement, the thrill...

There you go yet again with your tactic of provoking a response with an off topic piece of nonsense so you can blame the responder being off topic. Sad that you should think I am annoyed with you as other than my occasional fart in the general direction of your nonsense, I couldn't care less.:mellow:

It appears there's a bit of a spat going on between @keith2011 and @cb6dba

I'm sure they're both honourable gentlemen and will resolve their differences amicably.

Meanwhile, I'm setting up a "Go Fund Me" page for @fraufruit for a a "Self-stabilising Turnip - Perfect to complete a Carmen Miranda (Latest Japanese technology)". PM me for the link. Thanks in advance.

Occasional fart, I like that, sums up your posts. Not really useful and people would rather you did them elsewhere. Amazing self reflection.

And of course, the couldn't care less (but had to post) mixed with (the passive aggression of) answering but not quoting or tagging. 

Seems it's down to butt hurt...

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

You did it. You got me to Google self-stabilizing turnip. 

Dunno which Google you were using but as soon as I Googled it I found...

Ethereum Gas Price Stabilised, Preparing Turnips And Others

Now I'll be perfectly honest that I don't really understand all this geek talk. And you have to scroll down 3 or 4 posts to be told how to prepare turnips. I'm sure there's a post about stabilising turnips on your Carmen Miranda further down but I was too scared to go there. Particulary as I thought Others was a "Lost" reference.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Are you happy now?

Very much so as the word "Happy" always reminds of my teenage fixation with Clare Grogan :rolleyes:.

Woof! B)

PS: I often wonder what she would have looked like performing this song with a self-stabilising turnip on her head instead of some stupid ribbons. Unfortunately the technology didn't exist then. *sigh*

1 hour ago, Elljay said:

And I prefer swede...

Which if your location is accurate means you've got a head start on the rest of us. ;)

7 hours ago, keith2011 said:

The UK govt you keep defending has stated that lack of HGV drivers is not a symptom of Brexit but Corona and the fact they´ve had a shortage for years.

So what we have is the shortage of workers not being due to Brexit but now those jobs are offering better pay because of that very same shortage of workers it´s thanks to Brexit.

Seriously if you are stooping to the low of being proud of having mentioned 2 good things to come out of Brexit when there is a lot more that is not doing as well because of Brexit then there is no need to wonder why Brexiteers are often thought of as morons.

Also would you care to expand on the general problems for Western EU countries cause by FoM?

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Also would you care to expand on the general problems for Western EU countries cause by FoM?

Not really I have said as much as I wanted in my posts on page 30 through 31 also in  earlier posts, which though not unrelated,  were more with respect to the reduction in the standard of living and wage depression in the UK from 2000 on.

7 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Not really I have said as much as I wanted in my posts on page 30 through 31 also in  earlier posts, which though not unrelated,  were more with respect to the reduction in the standard of living and wage depression in the UK from 2000 on.

Ah the old I could explain it but I don´t want to answer.

10 hours ago, Keleth said:

The UK govt you keep defending has stated that lack of HGV drivers is not a symptom of Brexit but Corona and the fact they´ve had a shortage for years.

So what we have is the shortage of workers not being due to Brexit but now those jobs are offering better pay because of that very same shortage of workers it´s thanks to Brexit.

Seriously if you are stooping to the low of being proud of having mentioned 2 good things to come out of Brexit when there is a lot more that is not doing as well because of Brexit then there is no need to wonder why Brexiteers are often thought of as morons.

Yep, you have to ask how FoM depressed wages when we had more open jobs than workers all these years.