BREXIT positives and negatives

790 posts in this topic

On 28/09/2021, 15:14:25, murphaph said:

Oh and let's please NEVER forget that EU migration from the eastern accession states could have been vetoed by the UK as it was vetoed in much of the EU. The UK chose not to limit inward migration from the EU in any way shape or form.

Tony Blair gets interviewed many times, but I cannot believe that no-one ever asks him about this decision, why it was was so markedly different from the rest of the EU and EEA, what does he think about those leaders who chose to not instantly allow the Eastern accession states FOM, and in light of what he knows now about Brexit, would he do things differently if he could revisit this decision.

On 01/10/2021, 17:11:21, cb6dba said:

Where though?

He's lost freedom of movement and he's separated from his German wife (I still think all this was because he thought the UK leaving the EU would allow him a cheap divorce), the US administration don't seem to like him that much.

So where could he go? Russia maybe??

Maybe his mate Aaron Banks could buy him a passport if there are still EU countries that will give citizenship to investors without needing them to reside in the country for long.

People like Banks, Rees-Mogg, Dyson, Lawson, Mellon, Ratcliffe, Bamford, and that horrible Crispin Odey, can (and some have) just parachute somewhere else with the funds they have.

Delboy on brexit...

Here in the Promised Land it’s all been going so well since Brexit 🤬

Never mind, that £350m a week should be here any day now . Johnson said it would be, so it must be true🙄🙄🙄

But hang on Trigger, that’s all going to the NHS, less the £180m rebate of course, so what about the farmers, lorry drivers, care assistants, meat processors, veg pickers, nurses, cleaners and all the other jobs that were apparently being taken off the ever eager British labour force in waiting?

Oh yeah, there isn’t one. Just look at Mickey Pierce and Denzil Still, with fuel shortages, gas prices unaffordable and the lure of meagre shelves in the Supermarkets, that old Dunkirk spirit and the little Islander mentality that put Johnny Foreigner to flight, will undoubtedly enrich the forthcoming Christmas festivities and the years to come.

We showed ‘em …and apparently, a high wage , low tax economy is just on the horizon…. it’s coming on the same bus as the £350m , sorry £170m, a week rebate.

So, let me get this right Boycie, we will be earning more money (for doing the same job cos’ nobody wants to do the others) from Companies whose sales are down , can’t afford to pay dividends, yet with cost bases rocketing and who will have to pay more NI to employ you and fund your pension ?

You, will then pay more for everything you buy in fewer shops-if you can get it- but miraculously pay a lot less tax to a Government that is now lumbered with the biggest national debt burden ever, as a consequence of COVID Sounds doable to me , Rodney What do you say, Uncle Albert ?

‘We’ll listen here Son, considering one in every two people voted for this chaos, I haven’t yet met a happy, or even a disappointed Brexiteer who could demonstrate on what basis it’s going so well . They’re as rare now, as a nude accordionist’ Never had shortages like these when I was on the Convoys, son We’ve taken back so much control that the French are now helping everyone to come to us,Delboy. You couldn’t make it up son’

Lol. It's no wonder oul Hellfarter never shows his arse around here anymore. Even I wasn't expecting the house of cards to come crashing down so quickly.

27 minutes ago, murphaph said:

That'll be the Brexit benefit of reducing the number of strays surely?

The Chinese restaurants will deal with that, dog meat's a specialty in China...

5 hours ago, pappnase said:

What is it with the racist bullshit on this site.

@Wulfrun I normally like your posts, you are funny and interesting but read up on how hurtful this whole 'Chinese people eat dogs' thing can be, and give it a rest.

Slaughter truck packed with 68 terrified dogs headed to China’s Yulin dog meat “festival” is intercepted by Chinese activists, all dogs saved

China's annual dog meat festival is underway, but activists hope it will be the last

Plus many more...

Since you've decided to call me a racist, I've decided to add you to my 'ignore list' Byeeee!

The Humane Society in that link  doesn't sound racist to me and it is also clear a new generation is growing up in China and elsewhere in Asia who are opposed to eating dogs. Does that mean they are anti-Chinese? No, they just oppose eating dogs and cats- whom we consider pets in many Western countries ( Hm, you know about my " pet " grievances in Greece...).

Some Germans eat horse meat. Some don't. That doesn't mean I am anti-German. Far from it.

Everything is " racist " here, " racist there " at the moment. 

WAY over the top.

Lack of knowledge and lack of empathy are, though, issues to discuss. 

PS: I personally don't do ignore lists on here. You might miss a post from the ignored person which you might like or even agree with. Or even disagree with.. but in a civil way.

Remember when Hellfarter & his merry men used to scoff at the very idea that Northern Ireland might be key in the whole Brexit saga?

EU and UK edge closer to trade war over London’s NI protocol demands

ECJ role in overseeing key part of Brexit deal is a red line, says Brussels, but Frost set to repeat call to remove it

Yeah so it might cause a trade war after all.

https://www.ft.com/content/9f06ea29-e516-4c81-83ca-5a805d1d3148

10 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Remember when Hellfarter & his merry men used to scoff at the very idea that Northern Ireland might be key in the whole Brexit saga?

Whoever he really was ;) Hellfarter's main talent was producing clouds of pungent gas to disguise his inability to contribute to the debate in any constructive or enlightening way. Unsurprisingly now the Brexshit starts to hit the fan, he makes himself scarce. Pathetic.

So if I'm reading it right, an agreement was reached between the EU and the UK and now the UK's chief negotiator (at the direction of others) is now ripping up the agreement and trying to tell the EU who they can or cannot have overseeing a future agreement and negotiations. Is that correct? Or to put it another way, a country that is being crippled by supply chain issues, with no reserves to speak of and creaking under a failing health system is trying to dictate to a trade block with none of these issues. Where's Monty Python? They'd have a field day with this.