Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to recognize university degrees (Anerkennung). I did something but i am not sure.

1 post in this topic

My profession is Civil Engineer, in my country the duration of my studies is 5 years.


For the last 3 years I have been working as a civil engineer in Germany. 

I arrived in Germany about 5 years ago and at the time I wanted to recognize my degree in Germany.


The steps I took at the time, were the ones found in the following link:


After about 6-12 months, I don't remember exactly how long, I got, from what I understand, a certificate that allows me to be called Engineer, but I never really knew if I did the right thing or I should have done something else. Since this certificate speaks only of Engineer, nothing about of Civil Engineer.


My University and Studium was in a database of a page called Anabin with an A+ symbol. 


A couple of weeks ago, I came across the following web page:

where you get something called as: Gleichwertigkeitsbescheide


Does anyone have any idea how one certificate differs from the other?


Which one is more important?


Is there anything else I should have done?


Thank you very much for your help, and any information you would like to share is welcome.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0