What's the issue with dual nationality?

294 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, jeba said:

Because I don´t want people with different backgrounds, norms and values (as compared to the locals) to be able to vote.

Sure why would a real German want to cause impurity of the master race ? that would be stupid.

Yet, that same guy, goes to Greece and tells the locals how to behave in a proper way, I bet

Jeba, wants the right to vote in Germany even though he does not live there, but thinks  foreigners should not be aloud to vote, even if they have lived in Germany longer than he has, the racist overtones are unbelievable, and basic fairness is over looked. Cannot believe the mods allow him to write what he wants

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Despite his many faults, jeba has learned to not say the quiet part out loud.

Welllll...I get what you mean but...

18 hours ago, jeba said:

I don´t want people with different backgrounds, norms and values (as compared to the locals) to be able to vote.

For me this is very much the quiet part out loud. I mean, fuck me. "They" can come over here, plough our fields, stack our shelves, pay taxes and pay into my pension coffers but screw them if "they" want to vote.

Racist much? Every heard of the phrase "taxation without representation"?

It'd be bad enough to hear this from a "local", but hearing this from a guy currently living in a foreign country...posting on an expat forum...:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, theGman said:

For me this is very much the quiet part out loud. I mean, fuck me. "They" can come over here, plough our fields, stack our shelves, pay taxes and pay into my pension coffers but screw them if "they" want to vote.

Racist much? Every heard of the phrase "taxation without representation"?

It'd be bad enough to hear this from a "local", but hearing this from a guy currently living in a foreign country...posting on an expat forum...:lol::lol::lol:

Holy shit, I missed that part.

I withdraw my assertion that jeba has learned anything.

19 hours ago, jeba said:

Because I don´t want people with different backgrounds, norms and values (as compared to the locals) to be able to vote. It´s already annoying enough that there are e.g. exceptions from animal protection laws (slaughtering animals) or tolerance for genital mutilation (circumcision) for certain groups. Plus I feel it´s not for immigrants to tip the scales in elections. Just think of the latest election results with the CDU/CSU and SPD coming out neck on neck. It may well have been a different outcome, had there been less immigrants able to vote.

I have two bits to add here.

1). I have a different background and possible different norms and values to a lot of the locals (in the election last week the AFD did really well around here do no surprise my values are different) and I can vote. Whether you like that or not, I can. Tough if you don't really.

2). Genital mutilation - I doubt anyone on TT would ever be ok with female genital mutilation. Circumcision is maybe another topic as that isn't always tied to religion or culture. 

And as I am really bad at the whole counting thing..

3). From what I've read over the years people on TT fall on both sides of the animal welfare line. Some are vegans, some really don't give a  toss.

4). Maybe the knack is to not just put people in large boxes as assume they are all the same. I am quite conservative when it comes to certain things, liberal on others, it's this whole "people are complicated" thing. Times change, we all know that.

4a). It's actually quite possible that if you are in to (not you specifically) saying that certain things didn't happen to a certain group of people back in the 1930s and you don't happen to like that group of people, there well could be some immigrants/refugees over there that 100% agree with you. If you think woman should stay at home and not work, there will be other that agree with that. I know woman that would be happy with that, they would love to stay at home all day (look after the kids etc) and thing all other woman should do the same. There will be foreigners here that would agree with them as well.

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

He's lived on Cyprus for many years (decades?) and is about as out of touch with modern German society as you can get.

Always funny to see a person who has moved abroad complaining about what immigrants can do back home.

20 hours ago, jeba said:

Because I don´t want people with different backgrounds, norms and values (as compared to the locals) to be able to vote. It´s already annoying enough that there are e.g. exceptions from animal protection laws (slaughtering animals) or tolerance for genital mutilation (circumcision) for certain groups. Plus I feel it´s not for immigrants to tip the scales in elections. Just think of the latest election results with the CDU/CSU and SPD coming out neck on neck. It may well have been a different outcome, had there been less immigrants able to vote.

Huh? This is how you feel? Then how the fuck would it suit you if these people just gave up their former citizenship and became German? They'd still be from 'different backgrounds', have different 'norms and values', and have 'tolerance for genital mutilation'. You make no sense, and you're clearly a bigot. There's no point in responding to you with sound arguments, because with these views, I doubt you'd be convinced otherwise.

If I understand correctly, naturalization should not be allowed. Does that sum it up? Moron.

12 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

Always funny to see a person who has moved abroad complaining about what immigrants can do back home.

Eh, this is hardly surprising. Immigrants who benefit from their ability to immigrate sometimes tend to want to raise the drawbridge once they've crossed it.

On 28/09/2021, 17:47:09, bramble said:

Absolutely. It's the mindset that put Americans of Japanese and German and Italian descent into detention camps during WWII. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Japanese_Americans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_German_Americans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Italian_Americans

The Americans were not the only ones who followed this sad policy.

https://blog.nationalarchives.gov.uk/collar-lot-britains-policy-internment-second-world-war/

27 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

3). From what I've read over the years people on TT fall on both sides of the animal welfare line. Some are vegans, some really don't give a  toss.

I give you a context of what jeba means. Recently, certain countries banned animal slaughter without stunning. Stunning is forbidden in Jewish slaughter practice also known as Schechita. The idea is this: the animal cannot be sick or injured before slaughter, which you cannot guarantee when you electroshock a cow and call it "humane animal welfare practice". 

Jewish slaughter is done by a trained professional with a very sharp knife, the goal is to cause immediate death without suffering to an animal. This is not the goal of those stunning laws in Europe. 

Yes, for vegans any killing of an animal is inhumane, but this was not the point here. 

More information: EU Court backs ban on animal slaughter without stunning

2 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Jewish slaughter is done by a trained professional with a very sharp knife,

a distinction without a difference.  the implication is that others who slaughter are untrained amateurs with dull knives.

If you had so much loyalty to 1 country that it may affect you if you hold duel nationality then why would you move to another country let alone get citizenship of that country.

If it´s for convenience such as work etc then in my eyes you don´t have enough loyalty to your original country that would make a difference if you had duel nationality.

2 hours ago, catjones said:

a distinction without a difference.  the implication is that others who slaughter are untrained amateurs with dull knives.

It´s a religious things and if something or another is banned on religious grounds then you will never convince the followers of said religion that their way is not the best way and they´ll always believe the other ways are all wrong.

On 29/09/2021, 18:33:11, jeba said:

Because I don´t want people with different backgrounds, norms and values (as compared to the locals) to be able to vote.

Well fuck you, you racist piece of shit.

Get thee to the ignore file.

On 9/29/2021, 6:33:11, jeba said:

I am not condoning jeba's views because they are pretty selfish and abhorent in many ways however I understand where they come from. As an example, Brexit, a large number of 2nd or 3 generation immigrants voted for Brexit because they felt there were too many immigrants already, total and absolute hypocrisy. But how do you ensure that immigrants in a country actually will uphold the laws and the values of that country? Look how many have come to Europe and yet want to turn the country that has given so many freedoms plus health, education and a chance of a decent standard of living into the type of backward, insular, almost barbaric country that many came from.

My point is simple, until immigrants are fully integrated and are prepared to genuinely uphold the values of the host nation then people like jeba will always be around.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

When people tell you who they are, believe them.

Lol I´ve accused Jeba of being a racist for a long time (mainly because he finds using the word "neger" ok as long as it´s not in earshot of them) but people have just laughed him off.

He is a racist xenophobe but because he is or was a Doctor that means he couldn´t possibly be.He also tends to have the same views of most posters on here on certain subjects (Covid etc) so that couldn´t possibly mean he is a racist xenophobe.

Education is no indication of morality, prime example is Jacob Rees Mogg. Another one who was well educated and a devout catholic yet he treats people with disdain and is happy to see people starve rather than use his wealth and influence for the greater good.

5 hours ago, French bean said:

I am not condoning jeba's views because they are pretty selfish

"all politics is local".  jeba is stating what many are thinking.  we all do what's in our best interest...self-ish.

Well well well... So the "real German" finally reveals himself. I always knew there was something fundamentally anti-foreigner when it came to him. The undertone was always "shut up foreigner, this is germany, accept it"  when anybody brought up anything criticizing german law/culture/habits.

20 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

He's lived on Cyprus for many years (decades?) and is about as out of touch with modern German society as you can get.

Not exactly Jeff. Keep in mind that the NDP still have a few thousand followers in Germany. 

13 hours ago, pappnase said:

Well fuck you, you racist piece of shit.

Get thee to the ignore file.

Seriously? You are just realising this now?!?!? :blink:

He has never hid his xenophobia and goes out of his way to give foreigners terrible "advice" which would screw them over.