Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Iridologists in the Frankfurt area

30 posts in this topic

How "bad" were your eyes Luke? Long or short sighted?

I was short-sighted. -3.5 in one eye, -4 in the other. Got them done 18months ago. Would recommend it to anyone. You don't feel a thing. A bit of pressure but no more than you'd notice putting in, taking out lenses.

How long does it last, for ever? I know short eyed people's eyes changes when they hit the 40s and they become long sighted as well - hence variofocul lenses or people taking their glasses off to read! :o What happens then with lazored eyes?

My brother had this done in the UK, it cost him 1300 pounds for both eyes, bit cheaper than here i would say. he said it didn't hurt at all, had to wear these patches over his eyes for the rest of the day (looked like a fly tbh :D )

Had the usual follow up appointment and all was great.

I wear soft contact lenses that only need changing once a month, I'm happy with them but if a time comes that they start to become a problem, I'd definitely consider laser surgery.

BTW I was watching a program recently. They said that if you go on ebay.co.uk you can get them done for 750 quid! I checked this out and yep you can and its a reputable company too! They offer this due to cancellations of appointments. Does mean you have to have it done almost immediately but well worth it I'd say :)

My brother had this done in the UK, it cost him 1300 pounds for both eyes, bit cheaper than here i would say

Anywhere would be cheaper then here oder?

Friend of ours went to Turkey to have her eyes lasered, she was well impressed by the set up, very professional, and a very good doc.

The doc. sent her home without carrying out the op as our friends eyes were "too dry". So I guess they are not just trying to make money out of you there otherwise they would have carried on regardless.

I had my eyes fixed in 1997, but I didn't opt for a laser.

I just got to the stage one day where I was really sick of walking into the pub on a cold winter's day and my glasses steaming up immediately, then I'd take my glasses off and stumble blindly around the pub until one of my friends called out to let me know where they were.

The problem with a laser is that it burns a sort of U-shaped gully in the eye, which is fine for improving really bad eyesight, but it can take a while to heal and it isn't terribly accurate.

I went for microsurgery which involves the use of a diamond tipped scalpel which cuts a clean V-shaped groove in the eye which heals faster and allows for more accuracy, the only problem is that it can't be used if your eyesight is really bad.

The whole procedure was really very quick and painless. Fist of all my eye was frozen with eyedrops and I was given some valium so I wouldn't fidget, then an electronic scanning pen was rubbed over my eye and this created a 3D map of my eye on a computer which then calculated the location, length and depth of the 4 incisions which would be made in the eye. These were then set into a cutting guide which was placed onto the surface of my eye (which was held open by clamps), and I just looked up into a microscope light (whilst comfortably lying down), my eye went blurry four times over the space of two minutes, and then I was told that it was all done ! I had to wear an eye patch for the rest of the day and use eye drops for a few days, but it just felt like I had a bit of sand in my eye. When I woke up the next morning I could see perfectly through my "new" eye!

For the next two weeks I wasn't allowed to put my head lower than my waist, and I wasn't allowed to do anything that would increase my blood pressure (sex & exercise were banned) so as not to mess up the incisions as they healed. After two weeks I then went back and had the other eye done.

@Bombi - As I was short sighted, the surgeon deliberately under-corrected by 0.5 dioptres, which isn't enough to notice, but means that when normal people become long-sighted with age and need glasses, I won't. And seven years on, I'm happily typing this without glasses, and had an eye test last month for my Swiss driving licence and they stamped the form to say I don't need glasses to drive.

I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but I got change from two grand, and if you add up how much you spend on glasses and contact lenses, it's a bargain.

I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wears glasses or contacts.

I wear soft contact lenses that only need changing once a month

Hellie, I wouldn't do that if I were you. Think of all that oxygen you are starving your eyes of. Not to mentionn all the protein build up from tears. I really don't think leaving them in for a month is a good idea.

At least get yourself the daily-disposables and give your eyes a break at night.

The lenses I have are designed specifically for this purpose and allow oxygen through to the eyes. tbh I do take them out once a week for a day (as recommended by my optician) I have been wearing them for 3 years now and have no problems whatsoever.

Obviously I have regular checks at the optician to monitor any changes which may occur wiht my eyes.

At least get yourself the daily-disposables and give your eyes a break at night.

Does anyone know of a good address to get these cheaply. I would really love to have some myself..

@Neil373

The whole procedure was really very quick and painless. Fist of all my eye was frozen with eyedrops and I was given some valium so I wouldn't fidget,

I can't stand people touching my eyes and the thought of clamps to keep them open makes me shudder and I react by closing the eyes tightly. Did you get this feeling before the op???

Very good thread this one - well done

Does anyone know of a good address to get these cheaply. I would really love to have some myself.

There was an advert on the radio a while ago, think it was for this place:

linzenplatz