Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Iridologists in the Frankfurt area

30 posts in this topic

Hello all, anyone out there have a recommendation of an English speaking IRIDOLOGIST in the Frankfurt area? :ph34r:

not that I'd knew any doctors at all in Frankfurt sorry, but you are looking for a

what? :huh:

It's a quack, sorry doctor who can tell what is wrong with you by looking in your eyes!!

Actually I think my Husband must be an Iridologist cos he only has to look inmy eyes to tell if i'm in a bad :angry: or good :) mood

hmmm weird, it's not in any dictionaries. If it's a normal "Augenarzt" it says "oculist" or "ophthalmologist". Is an Iridologist something different? If not I would just look in yellow pages (Gelbe Seiten) for Augenarzt and phone there and ask the receptionist, if nobody here can help you, Willy

It's a quack, sorry doctor who can tell what is wrong with you by looking in your eyes!!

Actually I think my Husband must be an Iridologist cos he only has to look inmy eyes to tell if i'm in a bad or good mood

You may well in fact doubt it - fair enough! Although, having lived in Asia, I've developed a keen interest in healing the body through alternative ways. I'm a firm believer in the Asian "way of life"; such as avoiding prescription medicine and using acupuncture, massage or reflexology for treatment, etc.

I have been to an Iridologist before, and the practitioner was right-on and diagnosed my illness (which indeed was an intolerance to a certain food).

Just so you know, iridology is the study of the iris of the eye for indications of bodily health and disease.

Just so you know, iridology is the study of the iris of the eye for indications of bodily health and disease.

Thank you for explaining that, I had no idea. :unsure: I was brought up on school medicine, my Dad being a GP.

I gotta admit to not knowing what one was either and googled it to find out.

You learn something new everyday.

What an iridologist looks for are irregularities in the iris, such as brown spots and abnormal discolorations.

Case being, my younger sister was born with one brown eye and one green eye, and until seeing an iridologist at age 8, she suffered from bad spurts of moodiness. The iridologist diagnosed her as having an intolerance to sugar – so from that day on, she was taken off all sugars (of course, you can not eliminate all sugar from the diet, but limited) and surprisingly enough, that odd brown eye turned the colour green, to match her other eye.

Thank you for explaining that, I had no idea. I was brought up on school medicine, my Dad being a GP.

My mother is a GP also ... although focused on "foods for healing".

wow. Sorry, but never heard of a doctor like this. Good luck to find one in Frankfurt, who even speaks english. Forget my post about finding a normal "Augenarzt" in yellow pages then :D

Good call Bombi, I'll ask around ... :)

Just for your eye-curiosity, check this out, after eating a high-fat, cholesterol rich meal , such as “burg & fries

I've had my eyes lasered. Does that make me immune to iridolgists' claims?

Iridologist something different

as far as I know Iridologists tend to be more on the homeopathic side of medicine

I went to one years ago here in Wetter to try and sort out my Migraine ( didn't help though <_< )

who was listed under "Heilpraktiker" (homeopathic doc) and I'm lead to believe quite a few

Heilpraktiker offer this too so maybe you should try a few of them. I think they call it

Iris-Diagnosis or Augen-Diagnosis

...reminds me of a funny thing which happened while I was seeing said doc, I'd been in Germany

about 2 years and my German was still a bit lacking in some areas, as he checked my general

condition before doing the eyes he asked me a few questions in a rather jovial manner, amongst

them " Trinken Sie Alkohol ?" (do you drink alcohol) I was I bit surprised by the question and

I replied "Ja gerne" ( yes please I'd be delighted !) ..he was a bit surprised by my reply too :$

...well it seemed funny at the time <_< ...When I went home and told my girlfriend what I said

she was in hysterics !

Did it hurt Luke

If he is, who I think he is, namely Luke Skywalker, then it shouldn't hurt, because he knows how to handle a laser-sword. :D

Doesn't hurt at all. It's more painful watching the DVD you get showing your eye being sliced up.

I got it done here. It cost 3 or 4 grand, can't remember, of which my health insurance stumped up one.

I'm so scared of the idea of anyone doing anything to my eyes I don't think I'll ever brave laser surgery :mellow: . Event the thought of it gets me squirming!

I'll just have to stick to contact lenses... although since I changed to hard lenses 5 years ago, my eyes have really improved (both health-wise and what's the word - can't remember - how badly I can see!).

How "bad" were your eyes Luke? Long or short sighted?

As for the iridologist, I'd also never heard of it until someone mentioned it a work a couple of years ago. It's apparently not that unusual here, and everyone I knew who'd gone to one thought it was fab.

Does anyone know is this the sort of thing you'd have to pay for yourself? I'd be quite interested in going to one, as I also think I may have a certain food problem (apart from the eating-too-much-of-it one! :lol: ) and I'm not too keen on the millions of blood tests necessary at a regular docs.