Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Covid & driving Germany-NL-Belgium-France-UK

4 posts in this topic

OK, this is proving to be a bit of a nightmare to organize (versus 1 year ago) to drive across to visit my ill father.

Has anyone driven from Germany to the UK going via the Netherlands, Belgium, France in the last couple of months with experiences to share?

I'm fully vaccinated with last Comirnaty injection more than 14 days ago with EU Covid Pass.

On the outbound trip from Germany to the UK it looks like I need:

- German/Dutch border: No docs for transiting through The Netherlands.

- Dutch/Belgian border: A Belgian govt sworn statement that I am only transiting through Belgium.

- Belgian/French border: French Govt sworn statement that I am only transiting through France.

- French/UK border at ferry: UK Locator Form with Day 2 PCR test code + EU Covid Pass + Negative PCR Test newer than 72 hours

- In UK on 2nd day: Submit PCR Test

Cheers.

46 minutes ago, Cheekyfox said:

Why not travel from the Hook and cut out two lots of paperwork.

Valid point - I've done that route in the distant past and I'd prefer not to do the much longer ferry trip from the Hook to Harwich but I'm considering it again.

Main issue is Belgium. Their government websites are an inconsistent mess on transit border check requirements. I did the same trip almost exactly 1 year ago and there were no Covid checks at all anywhere - now despite all the vaccinations there are a lot more hoops than before - crazy.

For anyone doing this - at time of writing there were no checks on the DE/NL nor NL/BE land borders.

There was a checkpoint on the BE/FR border but I didn't get stopped as the gendarmes were having their siesta.

The DFDS jobsworths were a different story... but I'm on the ferry at least.