Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DirectVersikerung: New employeer doesn't accept it, providing already a company pension plan

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

my girlfriend will change company soon. She has a Direktversicherung and till now all her employers  where managing her monthly payments to it, letting her also to get the known tax discount.

New employer has stated that they will not take care of her payment, I guess also because they provide already a company pension plan.

Quitting the current DirektVers is not an option because she will pay so much "penalty fee" that will loose more than half of the money she paid in these last 3 years and half.

She is willing to make by her self the moonthly payment but the Insurance Company support told her that in that case she will not have the tax benefit. This seems to me strange,  I thought she could have get back the money (tax benefit) with the yearly steuerklarung. Am I wrong ?

can anyone shed a bit of light on this please ? :)

Theoretically, your girlfriend has a legal right to keep her current Direktversicherung provider where it is at the new company as long as she has been  paying the contributions herself ( including the fairly new 15 per cent top up from her previous employer ) but if her new employer has a group plan in operation -and especially if it is a large company - tough to fight against. Did your girlfriend originally sign up through an insurance agent or broker? If so, she should ask him/ her for advice.

She also has the right to transfer her existing Direktversicherung portfolio value to a new policy. But again - she needs to ask her insurance agent for advice/ help.

She can switch her current Direktversicherung to a private policy but will only have tax advantages is she switches to a Ruerup plan and not a private Rentenversicherung. 

Again, ask your girlfriend to contact her agent or even the insurance company  if the latter would work.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Hi John,

thank you very much for your answer.

Yes, it is what she did after I posted here, asking to the broker. The broker said she has the right to transfer the money to the company pension scheme (actually is the Chemical Category Pension fund to which the company will pay additional money). The broker said that because it is not her fault she will not have to pay the fees (a real steal) for "abandoning" the current pension plan. The broker also said that there are agreement among the insurance companies exactly for managing this without hitting the insured with additoinal fee.

I am honestly a bit dubious but I will see, when the transfer will happen after she will finish her probation period.