Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Digital Impfpass, Vaccinated in USA

24 posts in this topic

When my mom visited from the US in November (she was vaccinated 3 times), I brought her to a pharmacy here in Berlin with her CDC card and they entered her data into the system and printed out a QR code for her without any further inquiries (other than to confirm the dates as they were written in US format - MM/DD/YY). She was able to install & use the CovPass app while in visiting - which is now essential as most places require the digital version with QR code (actually, she still uses CovPass in the US to prove her vaccination status - and it is accepted - as there doesn't seem to be a universal format to prove vaccine status other than the CDC card).

In order to get around this, just get IATA Travel Pass app (in the App Store or Google store. )

You will scan your Passport's chip to store document details in it ( locally on you phone, not in any database), take a selfie to confirm it is your document and than you can scan any nation's vaccination to add it to the IATA Travel Pass. I have been using it instead of CovPass since the beginning and was never questioned. Also, now when they ask you to show your ID , I just show the electronically scanned one, from the IATA Travel Pass and none ever questioned it as yet. 

And if you happen to travel abroad and there is a PCR test requirement: you let the testing lab know that yo you use IATA Travel Pass and the lab will send the test result directly to your phone ( I was told they use blockchain to ensure none fakes it).  Most airliens (but not Lufthahsa who somehow has always ideas on their own) use it now so its internationally accepted. 

54 minutes ago, Brockman said:

She was able to install & use the CovPass app while in visiting - which is now essential as most places require the digital version with QR code.

Yup, my parents got the CovPass app from the US Apple app store just like I have. We went to several stores (2G) and restaurants (2G+booster) and had no problems using it. When places asked for ID, mom showed her passport and dad showed his drivers license - don’t know why since he also has a passport - but nobody ever questioned them.

1 hour ago, Narjiz said:

The new system has a place to enter the lot number of the vaccine. It unfortunately only recognises ones given in Germany. Entering the lot is optional, but we all enter it to be safe.

Interesting to know. No clue what our pharmacy did on that front, but we did provide the lot numbers on the paperwork. Back at the beginning, my husband and I both had our original 2 shots in the US while visiting my folks. We happened to return to Germany the day the system opened in Germany so everyone was guessing what to do. It all worked out fine.

Our records are now a mix of US- and German-given doses because we got our booster here. Bad for the statisticians but otherwise no issues.

5 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

That one would almost certainly have been the Sinovax, wouldn't it? And it's not recognized by the EMA.

Couldn’t tell since it was not written in letters I could understand