Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kronberg - Life and Education

6 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I will be moving to Frankfurt recently and more precisely in Kronberg for the Job but would like to know which location would be better for living. I don't mind travelling but of course using the public transport. For the kid, also need to find a school nearby the place where I will be living So, location is very important for me as I heard school should near to the home as per the German rule. Is there any english medium gymnasium schule available? Any suggestion from your end which school should we target for?Please suggest.

regards,

SG

Well done, it's a nice area to live in (Taunus). Kronberg too, especially going up in elevation. Schönberg is a nice residencial area by Kronberg, but these nice areas can come at a price! Best just to tour round and see what you think. Bad Homburg is nice and has more facilities, but if you want to go by S-bahn to work you would need a change of trains which could be a pain. There is a bus too. Check www.rmv.de . Really depends on the exact location of your work if either is convenient. Going the other way Königstein and Bad Soden are pleasant.

All these places are more sleepy than Frankfurt of course, so if city living suits you rather than green space then you know where to look.

I know that there is an international school in Oberursal (decent place too) that I think is predominantly English taught (if that's what you mean). It maybe private though $$.

Good Luck

On 9/3/2021, 9:40:20, SunshineMarty said:

Well done, it's a nice area to live in (Taunus). Kronberg too, especially going up in elevation. Schönberg is a nice residencial area by Kronberg, but these nice areas can come at a price! Best just to tour round and see what you think. Bad Homburg is nice and has more facilities, but if you want to go by S-bahn to work you would need a change of trains which could be a pain. There is a bus too. Check www.rmv.de . Really depends on the exact location of your work if either is convenient. Going the other way Königstein and Bad Soden are pleasant.

All these places are more sleepy than Frankfurt of course, so if city living suits you rather than green space then you know where to look.

I know that there is an international school in Oberursal (decent place too) that I think is predominantly English taught (if that's what you mean). It maybe private though $$.

Good Luck

Thank you so much for your reply!!.. I will explore as you suggested.  Do you know by any chance a public school who has importance in English too!.

I cannot help you with the name of a school, but since you mention the school has to be near the home as a German rule: That's only the case for the first four years in elementary school.  The children are supposed to be able to walk to school, meet their friends in afternoon etc without being driven there. That's not always so today, but this was the idea behind this rule. From grade 5 on it doesn't matter anymore where the school is in relation to their home.