Covid Anti-Vaxxer and Denier Deathwatch - No gloating, just truth

30 posts in this topic

So, this is going to be a long year (or several) of death notices worthy of comment by Captain Obvious.

Let's go ahead and get it started. 

Remember: Only death should be noted here. The merely sick and stupid are not to be included.

Ex-CIA ‘spy’ who bragged about being first to call COVID a hoax dies from the virus

A former CIA counterintelligence expert who claimed to be the first person to call the coronavirus a hoax has died — after testing positive for COVID-19 and denying it is real until the very end, according to a report and his pal.

Robert David Steele, a QAnon devotee who was touring the US “to awaken the nation in truth,” blogged about his doomed battle with the contagion Aug. 17.

“I will not take the vaccination, though I did test positive for whatever they’re calling ‘COVID’ today,” he wrote alongside an image that appeared to show him hooked up to a ventilator

“The bottom line is that my lungs are not functioning,” he wrote, admitting even then that it had been a “near-death experience.

“We will never be the same because now we know that we’ve all been lied to about everything,” added Steele, who calls himself a former spy and Marine.

Republican official who mocked COVID in final Facebook post dies of virus in Texas

A Texas GOP official whose social media posts include anti-mask and anti-vaccine rhetoric has died from COVID-19.

H. Scott Apley, who according to the Galveston News was a member of the Galveston County Republican Party and Dickinson City council, was 45 years old.

In his last Facebook post July 30, Apley shared a Twitter post mocking COVID-19.

“In 6 months, we’ve gone from the vax ending the pandemic, to you can still get Covid even if vaxxed, to you can pass Covid onto others even if vaxxed, to you can still die of Covid even if vaxxed, to the unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed,” the post read.

Apley was admitted to a Galveston hospital two days after that post with pneumonia-like symptoms, according to a GoFundMe page. He tested positive for COVID-19 and was placed on a ventilator.

22 minutes ago, murphaph said:

We should definitely save a space for our own anti vaxxers on here.

Sadly, yes, any Querdonkeys will wind up here eventually. Darwin said so.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

A curated collection is available at sorryantivaxxer.com

You know what strikes me as most depressing and just horrifying in this whole stupidity of not doing the medically sound thing? Look at how many of these men -- and they are mostly men -- left behind girlfriends and wives with kids or pregnant about to give birth and they did not even care that this was the risk they were taking. Like "Hey, honey, my need to be notorious and feel like a badass rebel is more important than being alive to care for my family." Deadbeats...dead ones, but deadbeats all the same.

Here's the English:

"Three anti-vax conservative radio hosts have died from Covid in one month"

Two of the three publicly changed their stance before passing away

“Bogus,” Dick Farrel called Covid vaccines. “Promoted by people that lied.”

“I’m not taking it, are you kidding me? Mr Anti-Vax?’ said Marc Bernier.

“If you’re not at high risk of dying from Covid then you’re probably safer not getting it,” said Phil Valentine.

All three men, influential conservative radio hosts well known for their vaccine scepticism, went on to die of Covid within a year of their comments, and within just a month of each other.

Their deaths were, for many, a tragic reminder of the realities of Covid – and the serious dangers of the misinformation surrounding it.

By the time they died, two of the three, experiencing the ravages of the virus firsthand, had publicly changed their stance on the vaccine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/radio-hosts-republican-covid-death-b1911332.html

The very definition of a self-correcting problem.

I have no sympathy for these people. They and their ilk are responsible for hundreds, if not thousands of deaths.

Yeah I can feel somewhat sorry for the antivaxxer who keeps quiet about it and goes on to die but the ones that encourage other people to follow them can rot in hell.

Anti-Vax Radio Hosts Keep Dying From COVID

In the past month alone, five talk radio personalities who were vocal COVID-19-deniers, anti-vaxxers, or anti-maskers have all died after contracting the virus. Most recently was WNDB’s Marc Bernier, a late Daytona, Florida, talk radio host who dubbed himself “Mr. Anti-Vax” in December while assuring his listeners “I’m not taking it.” True to his word, Bernier contracted COVID-19 roughly three weeks ago and his death was announced over the weekend by his radio station––which had awkwardly acknowledged his on-air “anti-vaccine” commentary just before his passing. (WNDB was contacted for clarification regarding its COVID-19 safety policies but the station did not respond.)

Though it might be assumed some right-wing media figures are simply feeding into the anti-vax frenzy to gin up outrage and ratings, the spate of recent deaths makes clear that, for a number of them, opposition to safe, effective vaccines and other pandemic mitigation efforts isn’t just talk. Such radio rants against efforts to stop the pandemic come as Republican men, a large segment of the talk radio audience, have been shown to be particularly resistant to getting vaccinated.

On August 4, Newsmax fill-in host and longtime conservative talker Dick Farrel died from a “severe damage” from COVID-19 after spending the last weeks of his life claiming that the vaccine is “Bogus Bull [Shit],” referring to the pandemic as a “SCAM DEMIC,” and suggesting that the delta variant is an elaborate ruse orchestrated by Anthony Fauci to keep Americans fearing for their lives. “Why take a vax promoted by people who lied [to you] all along about masks, where the virus came from and the death toll?” he wrote in a July 3 Facebook post. Upon contracting the virus, Farrel was suddenly not willing to die for his previously held convictions, as one of his close friends, Amy Leigh Hair, claimed that he encouraged her to get the shot shortly before his death, saying that COVID-19 “is no joke and then he said: ‘I wish I had gotten [vaccinated]!’”

Anti-vax federal firefighter dies from COVID-19

“We honestly thought that COVID was mostly political,” said Lowe said.

She says they had friends who got the virus but only suffered minor symptoms, so as a young, healthy couple, they figured they were fine.

Then Mikel got sick and his symptoms were anything but minor.

"I went upstairs to check on him and his face was purple and blue,” Lowe said. “He was struggling to breathe on oxygen."

Mikel died from COVID on Aug. 29 at just 38 years old.

"The last time I saw him they were taking him out to the ambulance,” Lowe said. “And I had to Facetime with my husband while he was unconscious, and that’s how I had to say my goodbyes."

Before his death, Lowe says her husband promised to get the vaccine should he survive. He also urged Christina to get the shot. She later learned her injection was mere minutes before his time of death.

"I was getting the vaccine as they were trying to bring him back from him coding,” she said.

She says she now lies awake at night wondering what if, and worrying about the future of the family Mikel left behind.

"We have two boys,” she said. “They are 5 and 6 and they are now without their father. And it’s just absolutely heartbreaking for all of us.

Good parents don't gamble with their health.

How many pages long will this list have to be before they finally get it? 

Veronica Wolski, Woman Who QAnoners Demanded Hospital Treat COVID With Ivermectin, Dies

A woman who became the center of a harassment campaign against a Chicago hospital as QAnon supporters demanded they treat her COVID-19 diagnosis with ivermectin has died, according to reports.

Veronica Wolski, a popular QAnon advocate best known for hanging banners from a bridge in Chicago, died in the early hours of Monday morning after spending weeks in hospital with COVID-19.

Her death was announced on Telegram by conspiracy theorist Lin Wood, one of the biggest and most influential QAnon supporters. Wood previously urged his 814,000 Telegram followers to ring up the Amita Resurrection Hospital and demand that Wolski be treated with ivermectin instead of approved and tested drugs or vaccines.

In August, FDA warned people that ivermectin has not been authorized or approved for use in treating COVID-19. Though used to treat horses for parasites and worms, it has been approved for human use to treat infections such as head lice and skin conditions like rosacea, but not COVID.

"Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans," the FDA said. "Use of animal ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous."

The CDC also said that the number of people in the U.S. calling poison control centers after suffering adverse effects from taking ivermectin has increased five-fold compared to pre-pandemic levels.