I need a woodworker Near Köln, Düsseldorf or Wuppertal

4 posts in this topic

I am an Australian woodworker and I have designed a desk I would like to give to a child in Wuppertal. Mail costs from here make this impossible so I would like to pay a local woodworker to make it for me. 
I can provide plans and advice on how to make it and what materials to use. After the job is done I have no objection to the woodworker making more for sale. - I have sold six in the last three months! So it seems like it might work for others too. 
As you can see it is adjustable to suit a growing child. There is a small amount of hardware required and if that is not available, I can send that to you. 
The construction is of almost entirely plywood and pine. 
With a full set of workshop tools, it is easily constructed in a few hours. But it could be done with a power saw, and a few hand tools.
It is a fun build with no need for great precision. 

desk1.jpg

With carpenter prices currently running at about €45/hour here, I was thinking that it might still be cheaper to send the desk over, but having looked at this website:

https://www.easyship.com/en-au/shipping-rate-calculator/australia-to-germany?unit=kg&weight=40&opc=2000

I could well be wrong!

My boyfriend is a carpenter, but we are in Bavaria, so not really what you are looking for, unfortunately!

9 hours ago, Paul Hannah said:

I am an Australian woodworker and I have designed a desk I would like to give to a child in Wuppertal. Mail costs from here make this impossible so I would like to pay a local woodworker to make it for me. 
I can provide plans and advice on how to make it and what materials to use. 

I have had this woodworker, Stanislaw Koper, do desks and cabinets to order: https://holzkoper.de/gb/

For example, a relative wanted a cabinet exactly the size of the printer, Stanislaw whipped it up in no time.

He's Polish and his wife Agnieska also speaks English. 

He sends his wares all over Germany, they know how to pack them well.

Here are the desk he made and the made-to-order printer cabinet: 

612d202b8b881_IMG_20131123_133756(1).jpg