Do you need to carry a passport on the Deutsche Bahn when travelling inside germany?

29 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Well not be everyone and not everywhere.  Out of context short film (12 mins) for anyone not seen this.

Genial. I burst out laughing towards the end. I see the film won an oscar in 1994 (short film). 

54 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

I thought one should always have an ID in Germany, not only when travelling by train.

No, you do not have to.

17 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Not sure if I have ever been asked to show it.

I lived in Germany for close to 50 years and was asked to show my ID three times (outside traffic offences like speeding) for routine checks without a specific reason. My dentist's son was arrested and taken to the police station at age 16 for being out at night without adult company and without ID. His dad had to pick him up from there.

On 29.8.2021, 12:26:30, LukeSkywalker said:

The term “Schwarzfahren” is considered racist and non-PC, so the new wording is “Fahren ohne gültiges Ticket”. 🤓

Oh, I didn't know that it was considered racist. My bad. However, if you use Public Transport in Frankfurt, you will see signs everywhere mentioning "Schwarzfahren". Frankfurt is a city full of different nationalities and cultures, and I still haven't seen anyone take offence🤔

On 30/08/2021, 06:13:36, jeba said:

My dentist's son was arrested and taken to the police station at age 16 for being out at night without adult company and without ID. His dad had to pick him up from there.

Which century was that 👻?

28 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Which century was that 👻?

That was maybe 4 to 5 years ago in Würzburg, Bavaria.

On 29/08/2021, 13:10:29, snowingagain said:

Well not be everyone and not everywhere.  Out of context short film (12 mins) for anyone not seen this.

This short film is so, so good.

I sent it to one of my school friends (who's now a senior lecturer in media studies at a UK Uni) and he played it to his students.

Loads of positive feedback from the kids.

Thanks for reminding me.:)