Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Type of test needed (Germany <-> UK)

75 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if this has changed now? I have had 3 vaccines in Germany (Pfitzer x 2 + Moderna). Do I need to get a PCR test now or can I just take the flight from Berlin to Stanstead without one or a standard Antigen test? It seems I do not need it but wanted to confirm.

What about the return flight?

19 hours ago, xargon said:

Does anyone know if this has changed now? I have had 3 vaccines in Germany (Pfitzer x 2 + Moderna). Do I need to get a PCR test now or can I just take the flight from Berlin to Stanstead without one or a standard Antigen test? It seems I do not need it but wanted to confirm.

What about the return flight?

very good question.

i am due to fly from DuDo to Brum around mid-May and then come back 2 weeks later.

i was already wondering exactly the same thing (i.e. i have had 3 BioNTech jabs so far)

Fully vaccinated passengers no longer need to take a COVID-19 test when arriving in the UK.

From the UK Gov site (above)...

Eligible fully vaccinated travellers are, therefore, only required to fill out a simplified passenger locator form,

confirming their vaccination status, travel history and contact details.

Also, from today, arrivals who do not qualify as fully vaccinated will only need

to take a pre-departure test in the 2 days before they depart for the UK and a PCR test

on or before the end of day 2 after they arrive in the UK, as well as completing the passenger locator form.

These passengers will not need to self-isolate on arrival and will only need to do so if they test positive.

As for getting back into Germany,

according to the Digital Einreisemeldung you'll need vaccine proof (same as getting into UK)

but as the UK is currently high risk, you must go to quarantine (at home) for at least 5 days.

UNLESS you've been vaccinated (which of course you must have been to get into the UK...)

This is shown in the first few pages of Einreise.de :

You visited a(n) High-risk area

As a result you're required to

Carry a test result, or proof of vaccination or recovery with you.

Upon entry, the test result may be no more than 48 hours old. In the case of PCR tests, the actual time or scheduled time of carrier departure is decisive if you are entering Germany using a carrier. Further information can be found here.

Following a stay in a high-risk area, you are required in general to stay in quarantine for 10 days after entry into Germany.

You can end this quarantine by submitting a negative test result taken after five days at the earliest.
***Exemptions from the quarantine obligation exist, for instance,
    for persons who have been vaccinated or have recovered from infection.***

Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Ministry of Health. You must transmit your test result, or proof of vaccination or recovery to the public health office. To transmit the file, please use the upload function at the end of the Digital Registration on Entry.

Looking at the various Amt/RKI pages, it seems the UK is not high risk anymore, and coming into Germany is perfectly simple. 

Really?

Finding it hard to believe, it's been so difficult for so long.

Looking at kid#2 flying in, double jabbed no booster (don't ask :mellow:) - Dual citizen.

Does he just fill in an Einreisethingy and Bob's yer Uncle? 

I keep looking for the hidden catch....

No, no Einreisethingy needed.  If you go to the Einreiseanmeldung page, they ask what country you are coming from and you get confirmation straight away whether you need one or not.

If you walk through https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de

you'll get the "Don't need to fill this all in" message, if UK was the last visited country,

BUT

need a -ve test to be carried as " double jabbed no booster " isn't enough.

• Proof of vaccination: The proof of vaccination must also correspond with the criteria pertaining to boosters and the interval periods that must be observed and not exceeded between individual vaccine doses or boosters, for full vaccination protection, as specified in section 2 number 10 of the Ordinance on Coronavirus Entry Regulations.

2 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

BUT

need a -ve test to be carried as " double jabbed no booster " isn't enough.

OK - trying to read the relevant section 2 number 10 of the Ordinance on Coronavirus Entry Regulations. Failing.

Will a Lateral Flow be enough? Must it be PCR? 

Testing in the UK is more difficult now.

Welche Tests werden anerkannt?

Es werden grundsätzlich Verfahren der Nukleinsäureamplifikationstechnik (PCR, LAMP, TMA) und Antigentests zum direkten Nachweis des Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 anerkannt.

Antikörper-Tests werden nicht als Testnachweis anerkannt.

Taken from here:

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus/infos-reisende/faq-tests-einreisende.html

So, yes to PCR and Antigen tests.

No to antibody tests.

Need to follow the small print (link) to work out when the 48hr rule is relevant.

But if within 24hrs of landing, will be all safe as it's only a 90 min flight

Grand. Thanks. We'll use an evening flight so he can get to an airport and get a LF test. Then no matter what he should be OK.

I fly back to the UK this coming Friday, to look after my dad for 2 weeks.

What I understand when coming back to the UK, is that neither the ‘Passenger locator form’ is now no longer needed, nor a day 2 test, as per -

All COVID-19 travel restrictions removed in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

On the UK side, I am pretty clear, let’s put it like that.

On 4th June I then fly back to Germany where I am based full time.

When I last flew in Sept 2021, I had to fill in the ‘online Digital Registration on Entry’ form, less than 3 days before returning to Germany 

I could then also upload my proof of vaccination, in order to end my quarantine

My question focuses on about coming back to Germany.

i.e. do I still have to:

• fill in the ‘online Digital Registration on Entry’ form, less than 3 days before returning to Germany etc.

(also upload my proof of vaccination, in order to end my quarantine?)

When i look on the Digitale Einreiseanmeldung          Digital Registration on Entry

Countries visited in last 10 days

Next, please enter the countries you visited in the last 10 days.

Vereinigtes Königreich / United Kingdom

The country you've selected is not classified as a risk area.

(i have had 3 Bio-tech)

so i assume i do not have to worry about any of this anymore, did i get that right?

can anyone confirm or deny this really quickly please at all?

10 hours ago, DannyThru said:

I fly back to the UK this coming Friday, to look after my dad for 2 weeks.

What I understand when coming back to the UK, is that neither the ‘Passenger locator form’ is now no longer needed, nor a day 2 test, as per -

All COVID-19 travel restrictions removed in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

On the UK side, I am pretty clear, let’s put it like that.

On 4th June I then fly back to Germany where I am based full time.

When I last flew in Sept 2021, I had to fill in the ‘online Digital Registration on Entry’ form, less than 3 days before returning to Germany 

I could then also upload my proof of vaccination, in order to end my quarantine

My question focuses on about coming back to Germany.

i.e. do I still have to:

• fill in the ‘online Digital Registration on Entry’ form, less than 3 days before returning to Germany etc.

(also upload my proof of vaccination, in order to end my quarantine?)

When i look on the Digitale Einreiseanmeldung          Digital Registration on Entry

Countries visited in last 10 days

Next, please enter the countries you visited in the last 10 days.

Vereinigtes Königreich / United Kingdom

The country you've selected is not classified as a risk area.

(i have had 3 Bio-tech)

so i assume i do not have to worry about any of this anymore, did i get that right?

can anyone confirm or deny this really quickly please at all?

I just flown back from the UK today, I just checked in on the app, got on the plane, arrived in Munich, left the airport

ie no forms were required at all, its like 2019 again

its strange on the way out to the UK, I got asked for my residence permit, which you should take just in case they as you for it

Even stranger too, coming back through Manchester, there was no passport check, I expected one but it just did not happen

Enjoy the UK weather and food :)

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

I just flown back from the UK today, I just checked in on the app, got on the plane, arrived in Munich, left the airport

ie no forms were required at all, its like 2019 again

its strange on the way out to the UK, I got asked for my residence permit, which you should take just in case they as you for it

Even stranger too, coming back through Manchester, there was no passport check, I expected one but it just did not happen

Enjoy the UK weather and food :)

ok, thats great.

thank you so much for the clear confirmation!!!