Bundestagswahl 26th of September 2021

120 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Why the fuck would you do that??

Some people like adrenaline.

Once I involuntarily tested my Klettersteigset (made in Austria). I did not like that 2 second fear of being dead if the lanyard fails (it happened once about 10 years ago with the German made set).

But there are people who like this adrenaline overdose feeling.

16 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Some people like adrenaline.

I don´t. I´m merely trying to minimize risk.

7 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

The Social Democrats' chancellor candidate, Olaf Scholzsaid he aimed to build a coalition with the Greens and the liberal Free Democrats (FDP), saying Germans had voted to send Angela Merkel's conservatives into opposition after 16 years in power.

They seek a coalition with the Greens who only got 15% of the vote and the FDP who got 12%,so not exactly a country being run by people who Germans had voted for.

Most Germans voted SPD.

Either you don't understand coalition politics or are you being purposefully obtuse?

The two parties with the most votes (that Germans voted for) but not the absolute majority, get to build a coalition with minority parties or builds a grand coalition to reach a majority of at least over 368 out 402 seats.

Bit like elsewhere.

Not perfect but the will of the people.

It's exactly the same as elsewhere and it's totally normal that the second largest party by seats leads the opposition. Grand coalitions of the two main parties are not that common anywhere.

1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

Not perfect but the will of the people.

You know Brexit was the "will of the people" as well.

You mean it´s the will of the voters.

It´s the will of the people that the CDU don´t govern but certainly not the will of the people that the Greens and FDP do.

You´ve actually got parties who got 14% of the vote having a bigger say in what happens than a party who got 24% of the vote.

1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

Either you don't understand coalition politics or are you being purposefully obtuse?

I understand it,just pointing out what he said is bollocks.

32 minutes ago, murphaph said:

It's exactly the same as elsewhere and it's totally normal that the second largest party by seats leads the opposition. Grand coalitions of the two main parties are not that common anywhere.

I know you´re missing the Brexit thread but whats the point of posting the same thing the poster before you said half hour before you.

Just now, murphaph said:

Whatever Keleth, whatever makes you happy man.

Ha ha! I was just about to post something along those lines...

Anyway, no negative posts like negative posts like nobody post negative posts like that. :) 

Surely red-green-yellow shall take over.

Try reading the Presseschau in deutschlandfunk to understand opinion-forming in action.

It is called Ampelkoalition, but are the colors in a different order? :=)

Scholz is zooming toward 30% approval.

Something just occurred to me: Scholz the next Bundeskanzler, Merkel, and Schröder, none of them have children. Perhaps they thus had enough time to concentrate 123% on politics? Appropriately, the 'boring' Scholz is married to Mrs Ernst (serious). Boring can be good, I think.

14 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Scholz is zooming toward 30% approval.

Something just occurred to me: Scholz the next Bundeskanzler, Merkel, and Schröder, none of them have children. Perhaps they thus had enough time to concentrate 123% on politics? Appropriately, the 'boring' Scholz is married to Mrs Ernst (serious). Boring can be good, I think.

Love the way the British press keep describing Scholz as 'boring'. Its as if they'd much prefer some colourful character insulting foreigners or threatening Boris. 

At the same time, there's a helluvalot of political journalists self indulging in never ending chat shows about all the concevable combinations of SPD, CDU, FDP, Greens. I bet they never stop in their private lives either. Wonder what its like being married to one of them. I thought it was funny when they were barred from the current talks, as it meant they had nothing to report on. 

3 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

Love the way the British press keep describing Scholz as 'boring'.

I wish he was boring. However, I find him annoying. Just think of his blabber about "Respektrente".

On 27/09/2021, 18:52:33, Keleth said:

They seek a coalition with the Greens who only got 15% of the vote and the FDP who got 12%,so not exactly a country being run by people who Germans had voted for.

This is life!

See also the UK, where a massive approx 0.9% of all voters who voted made the difference when that Brexit thing was decided!

1 hour ago, Uncle Jamal said:

This is life!

See also the UK, where a massive approx 0.9% of all voters who voted made the difference when that Brexit thing was decided!

Oh yer it´s better than FPTP but it´s still not a good system.

You're not taking into consideration the importance of a strong opposition in a legislative assembly. The second largest party ought to play the role, as opposed to a grand coalition with only fractured opposition parties. It is healthier this way (except in the US, where it's all over...).

13 minutes ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

You're not taking into consideration the importance of a strong opposition in a legislative assembly. The second largest party ought to play the role, as opposed to a grand coalition with only fractured opposition parties. It is healthier this way (except in the US, where it's all over...).

But then how good is it when the majority is fractured.

Anyway this is a pointless argument because there is no perfect system and if you go back to my original quote I was actually complaining about them saying that people had voted for Merkel not to lead anymore which to me was rich because most people didn´t vote for the FDP or Greens to govern either.

Apparently they have agreed to pursue partial legalisation of cannabis, after Mr Lauterbach surprisingly changed his opinion. Looks like they wanted to announce something, finance and transport take a bit longer.

Lammert suggested that politicians like to give the impression they are negotiating hard, staying up late, making announcements at five in the morning, although often they agreed quite easily before tea-time. The same politicians who pass laws limiting working hours?

44 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

Apparently they have agreed to pursue partial legalisation of cannabis,

My daughter, who works in the Tox-Lab of the UKE Rechtsmedizien, says this will be a disaster.