Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 (aka FPL)

32 posts in this topic

Yeh, and ARS are arse... but then its LIV(A), AVL(H), TOT(A) and MCI(H).

Better options elsewhere for me during that period but I'll revisit prior to GW7. :)

GW2 is fast approaching.

Deadline: Sat 21Aug 12:00 CET

So still time for a final tinker.

The good news is that two new teams will be joing the league after deadline!

Stuffington United (who's already made her presence known) and TT Toon Army (who seems a bit shy.)

We don't bite. Honest.

Good luck all! B)

Well that was a totally shit week,Triple Captain pissed up the wall.

Just need 4 or 5 from Lukaku tomorrow and it´ll look half decent.

Fashionably late for my update so I apologise. :)

Alice band favourites Bruno and Salah blanked, and the WHU duo of Antonio and Benrama once again racked up the points. Lots of odd big points scored elsewhere. It's tricky.

But it's only GW2 and many more hills/moutains to climb (insert suitable cliche here) etc to GW38.

Your scores on the doors:

Toytown Germany FPL

1 - 175 -  Stuffington United

2 - 166 - DeeDeeRmageddon

3 - 122 - Scally Out.

4 - 114 - Eintract Steve

5 - 86 - Donnys Dreamers

6 - 79 - 1.FC Swansea

7 - 27 - TT Toon Army

New kid on the block Stuffington United make their presence known by storming to #1, and will add more competition as the season unfolds. B)

PS: I'm not wasting my time typing the league table out each GW. I'll just c&p from FPL. If anyone has a serious problem with their real name appearing on a thread that nobody reads (except us) on some obscure ex-pats English speaking forum in Germany, just delete yourself from the league. Thanks.

I didn't expect that.  I was reasonably pleased with my team in GW1 but was hit by not having Bruno.  GW2 has given me my biggest ever green arrow, I went up approx 1,000,000 places! This is of course because it is very close, so a few points means a big difference in rank.  Having looked at Chelski's previous rankings, I don't think I'll be top for long but will enjoy it while I can.

Ignore the last paragraph on my last post. I've half cracked it...

Image 2 (3)_LI.jpg

Slightly blurry but I'll keep working on it. Hopefully I'll be able to add TT usernames as well.

Unless we've got an IT whizz in the league who can do this quicker and better than my half-arsed effort? :)

1 hour ago, sluzup said:

I didn't expect that.  I was reasonably pleased with my team in GW1 but was hit by not having Bruno.  GW2 has given me my biggest ever green arrow, I went up approx 1,000,000 places! This is of course because it is very close, so a few points means a big difference in rank.  Having looked at Chelski's previous rankings, I don't think I'll be top for long but will enjoy it while I can.

You're doing great so keep it going! ;)

But you're right, as there's so many template teams around, a 10-15 points gain can have a massive effect on OR. I'm still kicking myself that I went Buendia over Benrahma and missed out on +20pts.

Kane staying at TOT and Lukaku finding his feet at CHE will break the template as it's virtually impossible to have more than 2-3 premiums and still have a balanced team.

It's gonna be an interesting season... B)

Ronaldo back to MUN confirmed.

£??.?m - Ronaldo

£12.6m - Salah

£12.3m - Kane

£12.1m - Bruno

£12.0m - KDB

£11.9m - Mane

£11.5m - Lukaku

£11.0m - Sterling

£10.5m - Vardy

£10.1m - Son

It's not Pokemon and you can't have them all. Maybe 2 or 3.

Now things will get seriously interesting...

And so ends GW3 and we head off into a totally irritating IB to break our FPL concentration and focus.

Don't worry boys and girl, there's another totally irritating IB after GW7 as well to piss us off.

Elsewhere, I got a bit creative (still needs to be improved) and here are your scores on the doors...

gw3.png

Stuffington United are on a serious roll (well done Stephanie! B)) so I guess we'll all be chasing her for the rest of the season.

See you all in 2 weeks. ;)

You are too kind Chelski.  I am sure it can turn around very quickly but am very happy with my start.  I think I was more cautious this year, in the past I have always made some silly decisions early on and had to wildcard quite quickly. 

IB is over, FPL is back!

GW4 Deadline Sat 11 Sep 12:00

Obviously we still have the fall-out from the IB.

Will the Brazilians be allowed to start?

Will Ronaldo start?

Questions, questions...

Good luck all! :)