Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Old-Age Provision certificate to apply for Permanent Residence Permit?

2 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Currently I'm living in Frankfurt am Main, fully employed, and would like to apply for Permanent Residence Permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) as soon as possible. I have a Blue Card since 04.2020, so technically the nearest possible date to apply for Permanent Residence Permit is 01.2022, considering that all conditions are satisfied.

I have searched this forum, read a lot, but I still have some questions:

1). Among the conditions, it's Old-Age Privision. Thanks to a post, I can get the Certificate via Online Service (https://www.eservice-drv.de/SelfServiceWeb/) or in-person visit to a local office of Deutsche Rentenversicherung. I gave a try to Online Service, but got confused with options: "Versicherungsverlauf", "Rentenauskunft" and "Renteninformation". The aforementioned post recommends "Versicherungsverlauf", but the Berlin Website suggests "Renten-Information" or "Renten-Auskunft". So, which one is correct then?

2). In the meantime, I just chose the option "Renteninformation", then filled out "Versicherungsnummer" as well as "Vorname", "Familienname", "Geburtsname". They're supposed to send the documents to my address in 7 days. But there was no place on the website to enter my currently registered address. I moved from places to places a few times; everytime I registered my living place with "Bürgeramt" and updated my address in my company system. So I wonder if Deutsche Rentenversicherung knows my address, especially the most current one? Is government's system in Germany linked perfectly and I should not be worried?

3). Is it practical/realistic to apply for Permanent Residence Permit in 01.2022? To me, the most challenging piece of documents is the Old-Age Provision certificate. I'm not sure if right after 12.2021, I can go to Deutsche Rentenversicherung, asking them to provide the ceriticate even up until the last month (12.2021)? Then the next day, I bring all documents to "Ausländerbehörde" and hopefully get granted the Permanent Residence Permit. I have no idea how frequent and update-to-date government agencies and companies are in passing information...

Thank you in advance. Your advice is highly appreciated.

If in doubt, ask for all the documents, Rentenbescheid, Versicherungsverlauf etc. I visited the Rentenberatung in person, you can book a Termin on line. If no slots are shown keep trying, many are cancelled and released.

The DRV publishes a good free magazine, Zukunft Jetzt. It reported how the pension due to someone who had worked in 14 different countries was calculated.