covid self test in primary school.

7 posts in this topic

My primary school aged child has to take a covid self test twice a week in order to attend school. He had a nose bleed recently which he has never had before.
 Seeing as there don't seem to be any plans to scrap this would i be at liberty to keep my child home from school? Does anyone know of any plans to scrap this requirement?

2 hours ago, Nunya_Beeswax said:

My primary school aged child has to take a covid self test twice a week in order to attend school. He had a nose bleed recently which he has never had before.
 Seeing as there don't seem to be any plans to scrap this would i be at liberty to keep my child home from school? Does anyone know of any plans to scrap this requirement?

11 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

For a nose bleed? 

How could you infer anything else from the OP's post? 

@ Nunya - if you think your kid is up to taking a sample from the back of his throat, and if the school agrees, then he could do that.

Instructions here:

https://www.synlab.de/fileadmin/pdf/fachinformationen/anleitung-selbsttest-corona-abstrich.pdf

As for taking him out of school following one nosebleed, well, personally, I think you are overreacting.

Home-schooling is not permitted in Germany, so, it is your duty to send him to school.

Yup, overreaction. 

Nope, you can't keep the kid off for a nosebleed.

If you record repeated nosebleeds requiring cauterisation to stop them, then you would have a case. Not for keeping the kid off school but for an alternative to the current tests.

If done properly the nasal swab shouldn't be causing nosebleeds - it does not require any pressure to be put on the nasal tissue to gather the sample. Are you doing them at home yourself? It really is a light swipe around the inside of the nostril (several times).

Otherwise do the back-of the throat thing rob suggests, although personally I think that's much worse.

Just came across this: https://www.aerzteblatt.de/nachrichten/125972/Studie-Gepoolte-Gurgel-PCR-Tests-auf-Corona-an-Schulen-funktionieren-flaechendeckend?rt=1a1ed09f31f582d6b78b41a4b07a6229

Regensburg/Erlangen - The makers of a study on pooled PCR tests with gargle procedures at schools draw a positive conclusion after six months. They were able to show that the pooled system of gargle tests for SARS-CoV-2 not only works, but can also be used across the board. (deepl translation)