Traveling to UK from Germany - quarantine rules

264 posts in this topic

I think this was answered before, but I can't find it. A friend is asking if he can do quarantine in some friend's house.

I think he can, provided he gets an isolated bedroom and toilet. Right?

16 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

... provided he gets an isolated bedroom and toilet.

How on God's own Earth would they check that one ?

Please do not tell me it is ok to share a bog if you are family but not if you are just good friends. If this is true I will bang my head against my fist.

If you can use a different bathroom do, if not air and clean between use.  Have meals brought to your room (or use kitchen at different times, air and clean etc).  Just common sense suggestions in case you do have it, to avoid passing it on to the family or friends who are letting you quarantine with them. 

'Lateral flow tests for international travel must be purchased from a private provider as NHS Test and Trace tests cannot be used for international travel.'

I see Boris is still forcing us to buy the goodies from his buddies.

2 hours ago, optimista said:

I see Boris is still forcing us to buy the goodies from his buddies.

Do you honestly expect the NHS to fund tests for international travellers many of whom are foreigners or non resident and therefore not contributing?

There is a wide choice of provider and some are quite cheap now, so I don't think it's just BoJo's buddies any more. They were in at the start when they could charge the earth.

The NHS could provide tests for a fair price. It would be better for the foreign cash to go into the system than other pockets. After all that s happened we are still so naive.

What is a fair price when considering the cost of procurement and the chain of getting the tests to where they are needed and people administering them, etc., etc.?

It would be naive to believe the NHS could set up a billing department that would collect more money than it cost, That is why so much free care is given to those who are not entitled, it is simply not worth the costs of collecting it! There are some things the private sector do do better.

Indeed they do a huge amount of free stuff for the ineligible and surely are being milked by contractors. It is incredible though in 2021 that they are incapable of the accounting. 

Can those of you who've been to the UK lately confirm whether they accept the Corona Warn-App, the CovPass app or the slip of paper from a vaccination centre as proof of vaccination when you enter the UK?

Also, any useful insider tips about what to do (or what not to do) when using the Randox DIY kit and app for Day 2 testing?

Also with the German government barring all non-German nationals arriving from South Africa, this could have repercussions for lots of arrivals from elsewhere. 

i.e. for all non-Germans from other third countries..(I doubt they would apply it to EU nationals).

P.S. Another example of why as a British national, you wish the UK had stayed in the EU. 

@colincostello has. 

But the EU covid pass is accepted.  Not the yellow book, I think.  Colin might know about the other testing things you are asking about. Ping Ping.  He has been there a back a few times recently.