Traveling to UK from Germany - quarantine rules

144 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Help

I am visiting the uk and have been contacted by their track and trace telling me and my wife that someone on our plane coming over, 8 days ago, has tested positive for covid and we must now self isolate despite the fact we are both fully vaccinated. They say vaccinated people are exempt  but only if the vaccinations were carried out in the uk. We had ours in Germany. Which seems ludicrous, anyone know if it us really so???

It's not really so.  Vaccinations performed in Germany are accepted, you just need to indicate the same on the link they send you.  You will need to get a PCR test though, they can send one to your house or go to a local test centre.

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

It's not really so.  Vaccinations performed in Germany are accepted, you just need to indicate the same on the link they send you.  You will need to get a PCR test though, they can send one to your house or go to a local test centre.

No they not! The form I was required to complete on getting the contact notification specifically asked if the vaccination was given in the uk, with the answer no I was then asked which country I got it, Germany was on the drop down list so used that, result isolation required.

German vaccination is certainly accepted for isolation free travel to the uk but not as an isolation exemption following a covid contact. Not sure if this is an over sight or a left over that has not been updated but it is a fact that is giving me a lot of inconvenience.

1 minute ago, keith2011 said:

No they not! The form I was required to complete on getting the contact notification specifically asked if the vaccination was given in the uk, with the answer no I was then asked which country I got it, Germany was on the drop down list so used that, result isolation required.

German vaccination is certainly accepted for isolation free travel to the uk but not as an isolation exemption following a covid contact. Not sure if this is an over sight or a left over that has not been updatedbut it is a fact that is giving me a lot of inconvenience.

I had exactly the same 10 days ago in the UK, I and my partner both followed the link and entered Germany and result was no isolation.  I was also contacted by the NHS track and trace and gave the same information - vaccinated in Germany - "ok sir, no problem just make sure you book a PCR test".

16 minutes ago, bennetn said:

I had exactly the same 10 days ago in the UK, I and my partner both followed the link and entered Germany and result was no isolation.  I was also contacted by the NHS track and trace and gave the same information - vaccinated in Germany - "ok sir, no problem just make sure you book a PCR test".

Then you must have been lucky cause that is not what I got out of the online form and by telephone when I queried it and requested confirmation from a manager!

@Auntie Helen Did you have any problems / notice others in the queue having problems with German border guards on return re: residence permit (or lack thereof if still waiting for an appointment) and ensuring the passport is not stamped?

I didn’t notice this but I was one of the first in the queue and have a German passport so sailed through.

10 hours ago, paulwork said:

@Auntie Helen Did you have any problems / notice others in the queue having problems with German border guards on return re: residence permit (or lack thereof if still waiting for an appointment) and ensuring the passport is not stamped?

I'll post here on return next week, I'm still waiting for a permit, I do have a copy of the application confirmation which is supposed to be enough. We shall see!

On 17/09/2021, 13:37:18, keith2011 said:

German vaccination is certainly accepted for isolation free travel to the uk but not as an isolation exemption following a covid contact. Not sure if this is an over sight or a left over that has not been updated but it is a fact that is giving me a lot of inconvenience.

I will be departing for the UK early next week and all this rubbish is confirmation the UK has reached peak incompetence.

It's got a much higher infection rate than France, Ireland, Belgium, Spain, Italy, NL, Germany, etc. I wouldn't be going anywhere near Plague Island if it wasn't for reasons. F**k 'em and enjoy the rest of your visit.

Note that the pre departure test  has now been scrapped. This means that when you travel from Germany to England , you do not have to take a pre departure test. But you will still have to take a test within 2 days of arriving in England. Even this will change soon.

NOTE THAT THIS ONLY APPLIES TO ENGLAND.

Anyone know whats happening with the PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM

I have undertood all the stuff about 4th Oct and day 2 tests, but the passenger locator, I cannot find any info on it 

1 hour ago, ian said:

fully vaccinated

Is there clarity on what 'fully vaccinated' means? 2 doses plus 2 weeks, but only NHS counts? List of approved jabs/countries? 

30 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Is there clarity on what 'fully vaccinated' means? 2 doses plus 2 weeks, but only NHS counts? List of approved jabs/countries? 

Red, amber, green lists: check the rules for travel to England from abroad - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

"From 4am Monday 4 October, if you have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days:

"You must be able to prove that you have been fully vaccinated (plus 14 days) with a document (digital or paper-based) from a national or state-level public health body that includes, as a minimum:

• forename and surname(s)
  • date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer"

I assume day 2 is the day after you arrive (day 1 date of arrival), not the day after that (day 0 date of arrival).

You can tell I've done a bit of programming!

From the UK Gov Website:

You may not be considered to be fully vaccinated for the purpose of entering the UK even if you’re considered to be fully vaccinated in your country of origin. (Like WTF ?)

In the UK, ‘fully vaccinated’ means you’ve had either:

• 2 doses of an approved 2 dose vaccine (such as Pfizer or AstraZeneca)
  • one dose of an approved single dose vaccine (such as Janssen)

So if you had Covid, then a dose of Astra and a dose of Moderna but not two doses of the same stuff, are you fully vaccinated for the UK or not??

I fear the worst. (And if you turn out to have the virus, it's not like you would be importing something they don't already have...)

On 18/09/2021, 19:33:09, AdHa said:

... all this rubbish is confirmation the UK has reached peak incompetence.

This bears repeating. But I am sure they can do even worse if they try. Where is the nadir?

24 minutes ago, optimista said:

So if you had Covid, then a dose of Astra and a dose of Moderna but not two doses of the same stuff, are you fully vaccinated for the UK or not??

But if you have had one of Astra and one of Moderna in the UK, the UK government considers you fully vaccinated..

Not according to this.

Each dose must be with the same (MHRA, EMA, Swissmedic or FDA) approved vaccine. For example, if your first dose was Moderna your second dose must also be Moderna.

How did the cuntry wot came up with mixnmatch come up with that gem ?