Traveling to UK from Germany - quarantine rules

323 posts in this topic

You're not assuming that mask wearers are all scared for their own health, are you, Jonny? Personally, my upbringing left me feeling guilty for existing, not afraid of dying. What makes me wear a mask is not wanting to give someone else Covid. A couple of people I know have let me breathe all over them before mentioning that they are not vaccinated. Sure, they have chosen not to protect themselves, and a lot of the immunologically "naive" still escape relatively unscathed, but I'd still feel awful if I was the one that infected them. You isolated to protect others. So you don't want to infect people, either, the same as me - right?

I advise you to travel to Germany and England exclusively by train because it is much more profitable. If you didn't want this before, then you should know that Standard class carriages in the UK imply comfortable seats and the possibility of booking seats, especially for long trips. First-class carriages are usually quieter, have wider seats, more legroom, and fewer seats in the carriage compared to the standard class. In some cases, first-class includes services such as light snacks, drinks, and free Wi-Fi. Almost all first-class carriages https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ are equipped with sockets. They also have free newspapers. However, not all British trains have first-class carriages.

3 hours ago, kevinforsyth said:

I advise you to travel to Germany and England exclusively by train because it is much more profitable.

Not sure if you are joking or not but are you not aware that there is major strike action planed by UK train drivers and other rail staff in the near future or that currently here in Germany there is a public transport promotion available during the months of June, July and August at only €9,- for a months country wide ticket (super deal) but the trains in particular are very very busy, although the high speed inter city trains are excluded they are not cheap unless you can book months in advance. I recently travelled from Germany to the UK and much as I would have preferred to make that journey by train it is currently much too expensive at over €250,- there and back, flying cost me €119,- on Biggles Airways. In the past I was able to get a train ticket from Munich via Brussels to London for just €59,- each way but sadly no more.