Traveling to UK from Germany - quarantine rules

323 posts in this topic

On 05/03/2022, 20:33:08, Jonny said:

I know that thanks. I was asking out of curiosity

No, you weren´t.

You were doing your usual baiting shit thinking you were clever but all you did was show people once again what a stain on humanity you are.

22 hours ago, Keleth said:

No, you weren´t.

You were doing your usual baiting shit thinking you were clever but all you did was show people once again what a stain on humanity you are.

Still very angry I see Keleth. You need to chill out man.  It's bad for your health. 

Anyway I was asking because even the CDC are rolling back on their mask recommendations. 

https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/cdc-relaxes-indoor-mask-guidelines-as-covid-cases-in-us-drop/

So if the health authorities are saying masks aren't needed,  why are so many people wearing them ?

Do you know @kaffeemitmilch

Do you know they are not immunocompromised?

No.

Yet you jump straight to the calling them scared line.

Perhaps they just feel safer wearing a mask.I don´t feel scared every time I get in a car but I always wear a seatbelt because it´s safer,not because I´m scared of not wearing one.

It´s all about respecting other people but you as usual show absolutely no respect for people who don´t share your views.

I have no problem with people who don´t want the vaccine unless they´re like you who thinks someone with the vaccine is a coward and you actively try to stop people from getting the vaccine.

You expect people to respect your position of not wanting the vaccine etc all the while showing absolutely no respect for them.

10 hours ago, Keleth said:

unless they´re like you who thinks someone with the vaccine is a coward and you actively try to stop people from getting the vaccine.

Can you remind where I said that ? I don't actually think that way. 

You've got comorbidities.  You got vaccinated.  Good choice if you're older or have comorbidities. What I have said is that vaccination should be a choice.  I believe you agree with this as you've said in the past that impfpflicht is wrong.  And it is. 

I don't believe I need to get vaxxed but I won't stop anyone else.  Just don't call me a plague rat or anti vaxxer because I don't want a covid vaccine. 

Yikes, this has gone nuclear.

Ok, so I wore the mask in the comedy club and elsewhere because it is a bit of added protection. It was a calculation I made. Basically, I wanted to go to London and do a few things instead of skipping on it for fear of getting COVID. Yes, I and my partner are boostered (but I went with a couple of friends), but my 2 and 6 year old are not vaccinated yet. Yes, my chances of getting COVID are less than for someone who is not vaccinated or boostered, but I can get it, and can also be a carrier without testing positive. But, getting COVID is a huge hassle, and if the mask helps avoid it, it's the least I could do. It's barely an imposition considereing all the other things I can do while wearing it, and I'm also used to it.

By the way, just because the government, especially Johnson's, removes the mandate, it doesn't mean I have to take it as gospel. I don't really know when I'm going to drop the mask, at least indoors in small or very crowded rooms. It's a difficult decision, but at least when the numbers are much lower, and we are potentially closer to herd immunity. People around us are getting it, and so far, we have not got it, so if we're lucky, the people with whom we are surrounded for most of our daily life will be unlikely to carry it, so we could then drop our guard more. However, we will continue to make exceptions like having a couple of people over without the need to mask up, or travel.

I'm just back from two separate trips to the UK. I would say that mask wearing levels were highest in supermarkets and public transport. I would estimate I was seeing about 2/3 of people wearing masks in those locations. At other places, mask wearing levels dropped off. Going down to almost zero when we went to the zoo (incl. the indoor areas).

I wore a mask everywhere on my first visit. I wanted to reduce my chances of catching covid as I wanted to make sure I was fit to return again a week later. I rarely wore a mask on my second visit. Only in heavily crowded areas. But that's just my personal choice. I'm vaccinated and recently recovered.

On 24/02/2022, 20:37:49, Jonny said:

I'm just back.  They won't give you grief.  They'll maybe just laugh at you or give you a pitying look for being so terrified. 

And this is bollox of course. Nobody gave me a second glance when wearing a mask (FFP2).

1 hour ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

By the way, just because the government, especially Johnson's, removes the mandate, it doesn't mean I have to take it as gospel. I don't really know when I'm going to drop the mask, at least indoors in small or very crowded rooms. It's a difficult decision, but at least when the numbers are much lower, and we are potentially closer to herd immunity. People around us are getting it, and so far, we have not got it, so if we're lucky, the people with whom we are surrounded for most of our daily life will be unlikely to carry it, so we could then drop our guard more. However, we will continue to make exceptions like having a couple of people over without the need to mask up, or travel.

Indeed, the mask mandate was dropped, but it doesn't mean that it is not recommended to wear one. I reckon come cold/flu season next winter I'll probably dig out my FFP2 again for indoor situations

19 hours ago, Jonny said:

So if the health authorities are saying masks aren't needed,  why are so many people wearing them ?

The authorities aren't saying they aren't needed; they are saying that people don't have to wear them if they don't want to. So we can make our own decisions. You like making your own choices. So do others. It's that simple.

4 hours ago, anne k said:

The authorities aren't saying they aren't needed; they are saying that people don't have to wear them if they don't want to. So we can make our own decisions. You like making your own choices. So do others. It's that simple.

I can live with that. I await the Germans saying that so my kids can stop wearing them in class.

8 hours ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

Yikes, this has gone nuclear.

Ok, so I wore the mask in the comedy club and elsewhere because it is a bit of added protection. It was a calculation I made. Basically, I wanted to go to London and do a few things instead of skipping on it for fear of getting COVID. Yes, I and my partner are boostered (but I went with a couple of friends), but my 2 and 6 year old are not vaccinated yet. 

That's a nice and unemotional answer. Fair play to you. It's interesting to hear your views without the usual insults from the usual suspects. I guess there's nothing wrong with being careful. It's not for me but each to their own. I'm not boosted and I reckon I had covid last week. I'm  sure I caught it in the UK from a friend in the pub. Kids  -both  unvaxxed - have just tested positive. They both had a fever one night then mild cold symptoms. If it wasn't a pandemic I would've been none the wiser. For us it was nothing but a minor inconvenience. I know others are not as lucky though.

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Fair play to you. It's interesting to hear your views without the usual insults from the usual suspects.

But no apology to him for calling him or anyone else who chooses to wear a mask scared.

At least I openly insult you not try to be snidey like you.

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

But no apology to him for calling him or anyone else who chooses to wear a mask scared.

He's scared he'll catch covid.  People are scared of heights,  spiders etc.  So what. 

I've never been scared of catching it so I never wore a mask in the UK.  And I caught it.  It was a cold.  Not even a bad one. Big deal. 

@Keleth, you seem the kind of person who'd start a fight in an empty house. Give it a rest and calm down. 😴 

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

And I caught it.  It was a cold.  Not even a bad one. Big deal. 

@ Jonny - glad you only had "a cold" from Covid, but you do realise that thousands of people have died from it, don´t you?

Personally, I think that it is only sensible to be very careful about hygiene and mask wearing., wherever you are.

11 hours ago, Jonny said:

For us it was nothing but a minor inconvenience. I know others are not as lucky though.

9 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

@ Jonny - glad you only had "a cold" from Covid, but you do realise that thousands of people have died from it, don´t you?

Personally, I think that it is only sensible to be very careful about hygiene and mask wearing., wherever you are.

See above.  I acknowledge that thousands have died,  however the fact is that millions have not because for the vast majority of people covid isn't life threatening.  Even more so now with the Omicron variant. 

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

He's scared he'll catch covid.

Or, as he and several of us have pointed out, he doesn't want to catch it because it would essentially be very awkward, given the rules etc. in place here.

This is not 'being scared' and that does have the ring of the ineffectual 'scaredy cat' playground would-be bully about it.

13 hours ago, Jonny said:

That's a nice and unemotional answer. Fair play to you. It's interesting to hear your views without the usual insults from the usual suspects. I guess there's nothing wrong with being careful. It's not for me but each to their own. I'm not boosted and I reckon I had covid last week. I'm  sure I caught it in the UK from a friend in the pub. Kids  -both  unvaxxed - have just tested positive. They both had a fever one night then mild cold symptoms. If it wasn't a pandemic I would've been none the wiser. For us it was nothing but a minor inconvenience. I know others are not as lucky though.

But you all did have to isolate for 10 days, right? That's not the case with a regular cold. Unless of course you didn't isolate. Naughty naughty.

By the way there's also the risk of long-COVID even with mild symptoms I think.

1 hour ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

But you all did have to isolate for 10 days, right? That's not the case with a regular cold. Unless of course you didn't isolate. Naughty naughty.

By the way there's also the risk of long-COVID even with mild symptoms I think.

According to a report on the BBC News the other night an investigation of patients who have recovered from covid,both mild and serious cases,  all demonstrated shrinkage of the brain as seen with CT scans!  I would guess that in the case of Jonny whose brain was already very small it is now be the size of a pea judging by his recent posts here.:lol:

I confirm that brain damage can certainly be a consequence of covid.

Covid affects the micro vascular system and blood. You are starved of oxygen - your brain and presumably all other organs. No, it is not 'flu

I lost 20 points in an IQ test. Previously 138, 117 last time I looked. No, I do not sit around doing IQ tests all day, but cognitive loss was so marked, I took a test out of curiosity. And bingo.

My spatial "radar" (do you know you have one until it's gone ?) is impaired. Cannot find my nose in the dark with index finger, loss of orientation in the dark, pranged my car at walking speed on the right side three times in the first months after covid. Guess this is neurological damage of some sort.

Brain fog, inability to reason-work stuff out, cognitive ability loss - simple maths calculations,  extreme memory loss, loss of mental agility (music reading) inability to concentrate.

Amongst other shit.

Covid is not a joke. And it definitely can shrink your brain.

Just for the record, the correlation between brain size and intelligence is minimal. But covid will still damage brain function.

53 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I would guess that in the case of Jonny whose brain was already very small it is now be the size of a pea judging by his recent posts here.:lol:

An insult... but a funny one.  It made me laugh.  :D

2 hours ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

But you all did have to isolate for 10 days, right? That's not the case with a regular cold. 

Yes.  Of course we isolated.  But in future we'll go the same way as the UK where you are 'advised' to isolate but it's not mandated by law.  The same as if you have a heavy cold you might isolate from people because you don't want them to catch your cold.