Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

the Olympic Games in Japan

71 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Biggest cheater of all-time in Olympic history

You mean the biggest one ever caught.

I wonder how many medallists in the past were doping.A lot harder to get away with nowadays but as they say where there´s a will there´s a way.

Another great day in Tokyo: 4x100m for men went to Italy. Big surprise again. Cuba took more gold in boxing. Dutch girls won hockey gold. China won gold in table tennis, but this is standard :). Swedish viking girls lost the football final again, this time with poor penalties against Canada. 

Wow, what a day once again. Japan beat USA in baseball, but USA took gold in basketball against France to whom they lost in the group phase. An Indian guy won gold in javelin. Women’s high jump was exciting. Netherlands took silver in 4x400m for men. Big surprise here. Sweden beat USA in show-jumping (horses).

Also watched some synchronous swimming. Crazy stuff. An Iranian won gold in karate although he went knock-out. Tomorrow is the last day.

Hi Luke! Wasn't Bruce Springsteen's daughter in the mix today? Horses or something?

It’s over. It was better than I expected. Bulgaria won gold in rhythmic gymnastics over Russian Olympic Committee. Quite a surprise. Netherlands took silver in marathon. Nageeye came to the Netherlands as a 6-year-old refugee from Somalia, now winning silver. Great story. Netherlands also beat Germany, France and Italy in the medal rankings. Big surprise.

An American perspective:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58136596

From my British perspective ( though, unfortunately, unable to participate this time in the 100 metre race because of Covid restrictions )- a good Olympics!

The Netherlands? Done well, my son!😂

Greatest underachievers? I would say Germany. 

And I'm happy for those countries - whichever they are - who got a medal here or there. Their country folk will celebrate them.

I enjoyed the Olympics a great deal. It was a nice suprise to see Great Britian finish in 4th place, ahead of sporting giants such as Australia. 

It is nice to see minority sports given more air time. I especially enjoyed the rugby sevens which I otherwise rarely get to see.

Those Fijians are big lads and they had a humility about them which I found refreshing. The womens rugby sevens was also good to watch. They are so athletic .

Those women can really run fast. The last time I saw  a women run that fast is when I asked her for her phone number.

Soon the Para Olympics will begin and I always find this inspiring.  It shows what you can do when you put your mind to it.