Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

the Olympic Games in Japan

50 posts in this topic

I was able to watch all the soccer matches today, for free, on the Joyn app on my FireTV Stick, just FYI.

Now watching USA vs Italy softball, on Joyn+, which I just signed up for for a 1 month free trial... 

Commentary on all sports I have watched so far has been in English.

Get the beginning, Hoops! Lesbians, Gays, Blacks, Transsexuals.. but the GBFC has got me flummoxed!😂

Great Britain Football Club. Do keep up ... has been hot though i guess.

I am always good at beginnings! Never good at endings! Ask my ex- lovers!😂

Bloody hot here. I am wearing scanty clothing ( as reported in the defunct News of the World ) and am recovering from a 40 minute walk to the beach this morning, swimming in a blue sea without fish ( dynamited out of the area, basically, decades ago😖), 40 minutes walk back, three showers since, a Pipirunde with puppy Mandy, endless cats demanding chicken sans Tandoori paste ( I kept mine to myself ) and silly American people asking me if GB has a baseball team in Japan.😂

No shock actually, @john g. But we're happy:). The only "shock" was that we - my sister and I, hadn't realised they started playing before the Olympics started, so we almost missed it:o.

Who would have thought the the follow up to Super-spreader event EM would have been related so soon. 

Typical Hollywood, take the premise of the first one, tweak it just enough to be difficult and hope no one notices. 

Forgot to mention France got walloped  by Mexico and there is no team GB or UK. Apparently, the four Associations in the UK couldn't agree how many Northern Irish players would be in the squad! ( Joke!).

More likely reason- which of the four nations would have the honour of missing a penalty shootout?😀

Ok, real reason... who wants to be associated with England at footie?👍

Was just watching the entrance of the countries where the sequence is alphabetical, but according to the Japanese fonetical alphabet. Cuba is somewhere in the back, for example. Anyway, Eswatini was introduced and the German commentator went silent. At the end he said it‘s somewhere in southern Africa. I‘m sure he quickly looked it up during his silence :). Actually, it‘s the former Swaziland.