English-speaking dog trainer around Heidelberg

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm looking urgently for dog trainer around Heidelberg/ Seckenheim or a short driving distance who speak English or even just understands English (and speaks German), preferably trainers with experience dealing with anxious & reactive dogs. 

If there's a training camp where the dog can be sent for a few days - it may be even better at this point (I know these are available in the US).

Thanks!

I don't know of any dog training camps for dogs only as dogs often act differently for different people and the dog trainers i know work more with the people than with the dogs.  I'll ask around if any of the ones i know feels comfortable working in English.  

Thanks! It's been a traumatizing sort of day (for both dogs & humans)

I have an American friend who used to live in Heidelberg and worked with an English speaking woman whom she claims is a “dog whisperer”.  The trainer’s name is Helga Guder and her email is h.guder@gmx.de

This is the phone number my friend Ellen has for her.  Hope it and the email still work, because it’s been awhile.

I trust Ellen’s insight.  She has German Shorthaired Pointers and lived in Germany for years.  Good luck!

This appears to be Helga’s Web site.  https://www.clf-mobile-hundeschule.de/unsere-dienste/einzeltraining/